Wisconsin Legislature 2010

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

District 2: Robert Cowles ® District 4: Lena Taylor (D) District 6: Spencer Coggs (D) District 8:Alberta Darling ® District 10: Sheila Harsdorf ® District 12: Jim Holperin (D) District 14: Luthe

Yeah it's pretty tricky with editing. One mistake can take you hours to fix..

Sent, do you want to send the parties folder over and I can give you a hand on editing the candidates?

I got back this scenario from Theoryspark, but it wasn't completely fixed. Instead, they've advised to start with small changes or some such advice, which, respectfully to Theoryspark, doesn't help the current project. To get it completely working, I'm afraid we're on our own. I think I'm going to devote a bit of time to US Senate 2006, however. If you'd like, I can e-mail you the Wisconsin Senate scenario and their advice and analysis in full (I'll just forward you Theoryspark's e-mail) to have a look at at your convenience.

Please send me their advice to my email: Rz9392@hotmail.com

There could be a bunch of problems that are causing the game to crash. A tiny html error could cause it, or possibly not having the coordinates correctly placed on the map. I think we're out of luck with this scenario unless the Admin can help us or if a Congress forever scenario creator is put out. Neither right now is likely. I would go back to working on the 2006 scenario. Hopefully in the future this can be completed.

Well after spending countless hours on it since yesterday, it's finally done!

2dke6w0.jpg

In case you didn't get my e-mail for whatever reason, please send me a copy of the finished result.

chandallah@netscape.net

• 2 weeks later...

It looks pretty good! Just a few noteworthy questions, though. First, why did you reset the introductory text to the 2010 US Senate default (and why is there no unique intro or player text for the recall scenario)? Second, why are the issues the same as in the 2010 US Senate and not the ones we'd hashed out for this scenario? And third, why are the GOP and Dem goals stated as 51 out of 100 seats instead of 17 out of 33? Were any of these required to make the game work? Otherwise, great job in getting it to work!

A lot of what you touched on were minor issues that in context of the game, didn't affect it getting started. My primary goal from the very beggining (before knowing how to get it to work) was to simply be able to play it. All the minor work wasn't really a main concern - it could be added later on. Where do you see GOP and Dem goals stated as 51 out of 100? Is that in the html or on the game screen? Because if you look at the screenshots or the actual game, I think it acknowledges what the majority is with how many political units are present.

A lot of what you touched on were minor issues that in context of the game, didn't affect it getting started. My primary goal from the very beggining (before knowing how to get it to work) was to simply be able to play it. All the minor work wasn't really a main concern - it could be added later on. Where do you see GOP and Dem goals stated as 51 out of 100? Is that in the html or on the game screen? Because if you look at the screenshots or the actual game, I think it acknowledges what the majority is with how many political units are present.

Fair enough, and it does indeed work. The 51 out of 100 goal is listed in the player intros you go through between the main intro and the game loading, where it shows chairman name, an intro text, attributes, etc. I think most of these issues should be correctible easily; I just wanted to make sure you didn't set them to default to make it playable. Again, great job!

• 3 weeks later...

Fair enough, and it does indeed work. The 51 out of 100 goal is listed in the player intros you go through between the main intro and the game loading, where it shows chairman name, an intro text, attributes, etc. I think most of these issues should be correctible easily; I just wanted to make sure you didn't set them to default to make it playable. Again, great job!

I plan to go through and fix up the cosmetic parts like intros, issues, attributes, etc. Are you still interested in possibly pursuing the Wisconsin Assembly and even the New York State Senate in a joint effort now that we know what makes it work?

I plan to go through and fix up the cosmetic parts like intros, issues, attributes, etc. Are you still interested in possibly pursuing the Wisconsin Assembly and even the New York State Senate in a joint effort now that we know what makes it work?

Just looked over the basics of what the scenario will entail. 99 seats in the assembly, it's going to be a big venture. I'm up for it. But if you were interested in doing another state senate, that would be a change.

Just looked over the basics of what the scenario will entail. 99 seats in the assembly, it's going to be a big venture. I'm up for it. But if you were interested in doing another state senate, that would be a change.

We could try the New York State Senate. What were it's big issues in 2010?

• Upvote 1

We could try the New York State Senate. What were it's big issues in 2010?

I'm still working on the map.

Issues.

Energy

Hydrofracking

Abortion

Corruption

Gun Control

Medicaid

Ground Zero Mosque

Education Reform

Spending

Ethic Reform

Job Creation

Same Sex Marriage

Taxes

MTA Tax

I'm still working on the map.

Issues.

Energy

Hydrofracking

Abortion

Corruption

Gun Control

Medicaid

Ground Zero Mosque

Education Reform

Spending

Ethic Reform

Job Creation

Same Sex Marriage

Taxes

MTA Tax

Forgive my ignorance on the issue, but what's hydrofracking?

• Upvote 1

Forgive my ignorance on the issue, but what's hydrofracking?

Hydraulic fracturing is an energy- and water-intensive, highly toxic process whereby methane trapped in impermeable rock (shale and tight sands) might now be mined. Because of this technology, previously inaccessible methane deposits can now be mined.

It has harmful health effects, as well as the possibility of contaminating the water that New York City and the rest of downstate uses.

How would C4E cover candidates who break from the party line, BTW? As an example I just read, Democrats for the NYS Senate are in support of same-sex marriage, while Republicans are against. Though, two Republicans who are now elected are for it, and one Democrat against.

• Upvote 1

How would C4E cover candidates who break from the party line, BTW? As an example I just read, Democrats for the NYS Senate are in support of same-sex marriage, while Republicans are against. Though, two Republicans who are now elected are for it, and one Democrat against.

Well we would be doing a 2010 scenario, right? In the 2010 elections both those senators opposed same sex marriage.

According to Ballotpedia, there's a number of Third Parties. I imagine we could just lump the Working Families Party, Independence Party, Conservative Party, and the one Tea Party candidate who ran seperately into a catch-all alternative right-wing camp. There's also the Green Party, which could be the fourth party. I don't know if the one Independent warrants their own party (if they turn out to be right-wing enough, they may even be able to fit into the 'right-wing alternative' group), but Congress Forever cannot handle more than four players.

• Upvote 1

According to Ballotpedia, there's a number of Third Parties. I imagine we could just lump the Working Families Party, Independence Party, Conservative Party, and the one Tea Party candidate who ran seperately into a catch-all alternative right-wing camp. There's also the Green Party, which could be the fourth party. I don't know if the one Independent warrants their own party (if they turn out to be right-wing enough, they may even be able to fit into the 'right-wing alternative' group), but Congress Forever cannot handle more than four players.

New York state allows fusion voting which means candidates can run on multiple lines. For example, a candidate can run on the Democratic line and the working parties and the independent. I would only include the party if candidates ran solely on that line and made a significant difference in how the race played out.

We should include:

Republican Party

Democratic Party

Working families party (District 6, 31, 33 )

Independent party ( District 46, 58, 59 )

Conservative Party (District 14, 16, 21, 27, 28, 31, 32 )