270soft Forum

Wisconsin Legislature 2010

I'm taking a quick guess here but I think the races not listed, did not have a challenger. From researching each district that did not have stats, the incumbent has been in office for 5+ years and represent very partisan districts. For example, a bulk of democratic districts not listed are in the milwaukee area and that is very democratic, not competitive. Just a guess..

I can always check Ballotpedia to verify that.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

District 2: Robert Cowles ® District 4: Lena Taylor (D) District 6: Spencer Coggs (D) District 8:Alberta Darling ® District 10: Sheila Harsdorf ® District 12: Jim Holperin (D) District 14: Luthe

Yeah it's pretty tricky with editing. One mistake can take you hours to fix..

Sent, do you want to send the parties folder over and I can give you a hand on editing the candidates?

I can always check Ballotpedia to verify that.

You're right! Not on Ballotpedia, either.

Could you possibly get me the names and parties of those assumably unchallenged candidates, please. I'll just run them as, well, unchallenged.

You're right! Not on Ballotpedia, either.

Could you possibly get me the names and parties of those assumably unchallenged candidates, please. I'll just run them as, well, unchallenged.

Oh, wait, I just looked up the Senate article itself. Apparently only roughly half of the Senate runs every election. They must do it even-then-odd, etc. I'll just use the feature for the US Senate 2010 scenario where you can turn a region's race off, thus having the incumbant stay in without an election. I will still need the incumbants' names, if you could, though, as that feature still requires a named incumbant and their party.

District 2: Robert Cowles ®

District 4: Lena Taylor (D)

District 6: Spencer Coggs (D)

District 8:Alberta Darling ®

District 10: Sheila Harsdorf ®

District 12: Jim Holperin (D)

District 14: Luther Olsen ®

District 16: Mark Miller (D)

District 18: Randy Hopper ®

District 20: Glenn Grothman ®

District 24: Julie Lassa (D)

District 26: Fred Risser (D)

District 28: Mary Lazich ®

District 30: Dave Hansen (D)

District 32: Dan Kapanke ®

• Upvote 1

Oh, wait, I just looked up the Senate article itself. Apparently only roughly half of the Senate runs every election. They must do it even-then-odd, etc. I'll just use the feature for the US Senate 2010 scenario where you can turn a region's race off, thus having the incumbant stay in without an election. I will still need the incumbants' names, if you could, though, as that feature still requires a named incumbant and their party.

Lol, I thought something was wrong when every other senator was missing. Good call.

Well I listed the other senators above, so that should help inserting the "off" senators.

• Upvote 1

Okay. Issues: done. Parties: done (except political region references). I've begun on political regions now. The big time-consumer there is determining by cross-reference each's top three cities/towns. After that will be percentages.

• Upvote 1

Okay. Issues: done. Parties: done (except political region references). I've begun on political regions now. The big time-consumer there is determining by cross-reference each's top three cities/towns. After that will be percentages.

Yeah it's pretty tricky with editing. One mistake can take you hours to fix..

• Upvote 1

How's the progress?

A bit on the slow side after a fast period. Real life's caught up with me the last few days. I've finished up to and including District 15 and have just started on District 16 on political_units.xml. It's frustrating that all political units and percentages have to be done all together before I can actually test it without it being guaranteed to crash. I hope to have those two files done soon.

A bit on the slow side after a fast period. Real life's caught up with me the last few days. I've finished up to and including District 15 and have just started on District 16 on political_units.xml. It's frustrating that all political units and percentages have to be done all together before I can actually test it without it being guaranteed to crash. I hope to have those two files done soon.

So after completing just 2 units, you can test it out?

• Upvote 1

So after completing just 2 units, you can test it out?

No, what I meant was the whole of political_units.xml and percentages.xml, as well as scenario.xml, issues.xml, and parties.xml (those three of which I've already finished save for regional references in parties.xml) need to be done before it can be tested. Endorsers.xml and events.xml can be blank and the game will still work.

• Upvote 1

Any updates?

If I get my butt in gear, it should take maybe a few days. However, I'm finding a lot of distractions in RL. The biggest time sink is looking up and comparing populations of cities and towns within each district on Wikipedia, as I use the most populous settlement as the 'capital' and the three most populous as the choice of 'cities.'

Okay, after a bunch of hard work and swearing and cursing, I got to the point where it SHOULD be playable, but when I load it, it's introductory screen shows only the Democrats as a playable choice of player. The Republicans and Spadaro just aren't there. I haven't yet actually started the game knowing it's going to crash. I figure it's an error in the parties.xml file, but I can't find it...

Okay, after a bunch of hard work and swearing and cursing, I got to the point where it SHOULD be playable, but when I load it, it's introductory screen shows only the Democrats as a playable choice of player. The Republicans and Spadaro just aren't there. I haven't yet actually started the game knowing it's going to crash. I figure it's an error in the parties.xml file, but I can't find it...

send it over and I will check it out. RZ9392@hotmail.com

Also send it the theoryspark admin, since they will probably have better luck at finding the error.

• Upvote 1

I've literally tried everything to diagnose the problem, but I couldn't fix it. The GOP is on default which I thought may be the problem (if it was off), but everything seems to be correct. I even took out part of the GOP file and replaced it with the script from the senate and it still didn't show up. I don't think it's in the parties folder..

• Upvote 1

Sent the fixed version to your email, it crashes when it starts though.

I think I see a potential problem now. You reverted the Democrats and Independent's committee platform (not the party platform, though both should be identical) back to federal issue labels. Also, I would like the crusaders I put in there, not the federal Senate election ones, but I highly doubt that's making it crash. And, there funds should be $2 million for each major party, not $35 million for the Democrats and a whopping $2 billion for the Republicans (that's very high even for a federal camapign). Again, money's not making it crash (unless $2 billion exceeds some hard cap), but needs to be fixed. I'll make these fixes, but keep a backup copy of the fixed version you sent me.

• Upvote 1

I think I see a potential problem now. You reverted the Democrats and Independent's committee platform (not the party platform, though both should be identical) back to federal issue labels. Also, I would like the crusaders I put in there, not the federal Senate election ones, but I highly doubt that's making it crash. And, there funds should be $2 million for each major party, not $35 million for the Democrats and a whopping $2 billion for the Republicans (that's very high even for a federal camapign). Again, money's not making it crash (unless $2 billion exceeds some hard cap), but needs to be fixed. I'll make these fixes, but keep a backup copy of the fixed version you sent me.

Crusaders shouldn't make it crash, until they are selected to be used. I didn't have a lot of time to fix every small item, so that's why they're a lot of errors. The money shouldn't be a problem either, but I will change it to 2 million.

As far as the html is set up, does it look correct?

• Upvote 1

Sent a new version with updated crusader and funds.

I noticed a few things, notably with the names of issues, but that didn't fix it. I also fixed Spadaro's intro text and starting funds, but that's not a game-crashing issue. I've sent it to TheorySpark support, so, in the meantime, I'm going to take up one of my other unfinished scenarios and hope their prompt in a response. Thanks for the help! You'll definitely get credit when I finally post this scenario. If you'd like me to send it back so you can take another shot, let me know.

• Upvote 1