270soft Forum

Wisconsin Legislature 2010

Patine

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, can you please send me your issues.xml file for your Wisconsin Gubernatorial scenario? A lot of it may actually overlap with this scenario.

Sent, do you want to send the parties folder over and I can give you a hand on editing the candidates?

Sent!

Sent the file back. Could only make a few small changes (Party chairman & info, amount of money that each party starts with). I couldn't edit the political units or dates because it has to match exactly with the data you are changing in the other files (which I'm not aware of).

Sent the file back. Could only make a few small changes (Party chairman & info, amount of money that each party starts with). I couldn't edit the political units or dates because it has to match exactly with the data you are changing in the other files (which I'm not aware of).

It's certianly a help, though. I'll look into the rest. I may have to bug you for party issue stances once issues are done.

I think your choice of issues for your Wisconsin Gubernatorial scensrio could work here, too. I'll fill in the issues you've left blank, and send it back to you (that'll save you some work, too). I just need to know a bit about the terms of the Recovery Act so I can make stances for it.

I think your choice of issues for your Wisconsin Gubernatorial scensrio could work here, too. I'll fill in the issues you've left blank, and send it back to you (that'll save you some work, too). I just need to know a bit about the terms of the Recovery Act so I can make stances for it.

Can't find the stances on the recovery act. I would just put

Far Left- The recovery act didn't go far enough to create jobs.

Left- The recovery act was enough to grow our economy.

Center- No stance

Far Right- The recovery act was useless.

A question. Why did you do the Jobs issue as a reverse of stances of the traditional Outsourcing issue? I had thought the practice of outsourcing was traditionally supported by right-wing politicians and left-leaning ones were more likely to penalize companies doing so by removing tax incentives and such. Did Walker and Barret occupy reverse positions on the issue than were typical for their parties?

A question. Why did you do the Jobs issue as a reverse of stances of the traditional Outsourcing issue? I had thought the practice of outsourcing was traditionally supported by right-wing politicians and left-leaning ones were more likely to penalize companies doing so by removing tax incentives and such. Did Walker and Barret occupy reverse positions on the issue than were typical for their parties?

Prob made a mistake when copy and pasting the issues from one file to another. But to make a note on that, the question seems terribly biased. What politician (left or right) would admit to promoting outsourcing? Outsourcing is not a party issue, and is not supported by any party.

Would you like me to update your own issues file with Collective Bargaining instead of Jobs/Outsourcing and filling in the blank stance issues for your gubernatorial scenario?

That would be great, If you can. Have you moved on to the coordinates and percentages?

That would be great, If you can. Have you moved on to the coordinates and percentages?

Not just yet. I still have a few issues to finish up.

I notice Ballotopedia's record of election results are in votes, not %'s. That means I'll have to do math involving cross-multiplying and such. :S

BTW, what should we do about Vittorio Spadaro, the only Independent canddiate in the Senate race, in District 13? He didn't win, but got over 6000 votes.

Not just yet. I still have a few issues to finish up.

I notice Ballotopedia's record of election results are in votes, not %'s. That means I'll have to do math involving cross-multiplying and such. :S

BTW, what should we do about Vittorio Spadaro, the only Independent canddiate in the Senate race, in District 13? He didn't win, but got over 6000 votes.

Could you put him in like a charlie crist or murkowski?

Here's a link (in percentages) for all the races, http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/105000829.html#statesenate

I helped you out totaling up the registered voters per district:

District 1: 72215

District 3: 38197

District 5: 70554

District 7: 64937

District 9: 62438

District 11: 73076

District 13: 65830

District 15: 54099

District 17: 57702

District 19: 49179

District 21: 60966

District 23: 59823

District 25: 61291

District 27: 53651

District 29: 62372

District 31: 60225

District 33: 62732

I broke the percentages down for you, easier look at the party breakdown...

District 1: REP: 60 DEM: 40 -Republican Strong

District 3: REP 30 DEM: 61 - Democratic Strong

District 5: REP 52 DEM 48 - Toss Up

District 7: REP 43 DEM 57 - Democratic Strong

District 9: REP 73 DEM 27 - Republican Strong

District 11: REP 75 DEM 25 - Republican Strong

District 13: REP 68 DEM 29 IND 3 - Republican Strong

District 15: REP 41 DEM 59 - Democratic Strong

District 17: REP 63 DEM 37 - Republican Strong

District 19:

District 21: REP 53 DEM 47 - Toss Up

District 23: REP 54 DEM 46 - Leaning Republican

District 25: REP 49 DEM 51 - Toss Up

District 27: REP 38 DEM 62 -Democratic Strong

District 29: REP 52 DEM 48 - Toss Up

District 31:

District 33: REP 50 DEM 50 - Toss Up

District 19:

District 25: REP 49 DEM 51 - Toss Up

District 27: REP 38 DEM 62 -Democratic Strong

District 29: REP 52 DEM 48 - Toss Up

District 31:

District 33: REP 50 DEM 50 - Toss Up

There's enough of toss ups to shift the power, so for Republican and democratic district where they hold 60+ vote do not have to be diluted for a competitive game...

I'm taking a quick guess here but I think the races not listed, did not have a challenger. From researching each district that did not have stats, the incumbent has been in office for 5+ years and represent very partisan districts. For example, a bulk of democratic districts not listed are in the milwaukee area and that is very democratic, not competitive. Just a guess..

District 19: