270soft Forum

Connecticut Senatorial 2010

I'm currently finishing off a Connecticut Senatorial 2010 scenario. It features the following candidates:

Democratic:

-State Attorney General Richard Blumenthal

-Mr. Merrick Alpert

-Ms. Lee Whitnum

-Senator Chris Dodd (off-by-default)

Republican:

-Ms. Linda McMahon

-Congressman Rob Simmons

-Mr. Peter Schiff

-Mr. Vincent Forras

-Mr. Ethan Book

-Mr. Larry Kudlow (off-by-default)

-State Senator Sam Caligiuri (off-by-default)

-Ambassador Tom Foley (off-by-default)

Connecticut for Lieberman:

-Dr. John Mertens

-Mr. Ed Anderson

Independent:

-Mr. Warren Mosler

How do I post screenshots into this forum?

Also, what's a good way to make Dodd 'vulnerable' if he's turned on? Currently, with his stats and money, and the base %'s of the Dems in the GE, even without regional bonuses, I find he always wins if he's on. Any suggestions?

Perhaps you can add events that damage him.

Futhermore I would give him very low leadership and integrity score.

He has high experience, but yes Leadership and Integrity should be low. I'd also suggest, as mentioned before, events that damage him.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I've released my beta of this scenario. I do need feedback, if possible. I have everything there except endorsers (I'm having a bit of trouble nailing down a list of endorsers, and McMahon's stance of not taking donations from special interest groups further complicates the issue, as I can't, by the engine, just turn her 'off' for endorsement). Anyways, the scenarios in the official TheorySpark downloads list. Please let me know what you think.

Okay, I've released my beta of this scenario. I do need feedback, if possible. I have everything there except endorsers (I'm having a bit of trouble nailing down a list of endorsers, and McMahon's stance of not taking donations from special interest groups further complicates the issue, as I can't, by the engine, just turn her 'off' for endorsement). Anyways, the scenarios in the official TheorySpark downloads list. Please let me know what you think.

Do you want an updated map?

As for the problem with Dodd, I would bring his "committed" number down.

Do you want an updated map?

Is there anyway you could make an update map where the county locations line up with my coordinates in political units.xml, so that I don't have to redo so much? If so, that'd be great!

I am also considering doing the Connecticut Gubernatroial 2010 election with the following candidates:

Democrats:

-Mayor Dan Malloy

-Mr. Ned Lamont

OFF-BY-DEFAULT:

-State Attorney-General Richard Blumenthal

-State Senate President Donald E. Williams, jr.

-State Secretary of State Susan Bysiewicz

-State Senator Gary LeBeau

-Former Speaker of the State House of Representatives James A. Amann

-First Selectman Mary Glassman

-Former Legislator Juan Figueroa

-Mayor Michael Jarjura

-First Selectman Rudy Marconi

Republicans:

-Former Ambassador Tom Foley

-Lieutenant Governor Michael Fidele

-Mr. Oz Griebel

OFF-BY-DEFAULT:

-Governor M. Jodi Rell

-Former U.S. Attorney Kevin J. O'Connor

-State House Republican Leader Larry Cafero

-Former Congressman Chris Shays

-State Senate Republican Leader John McKinney

-Mayor Jeff Wright

-Mayor Mark Boughton

-Former Congressman Lawrence J. DeNardis

Independent:

-Mr. Tom Marsh

Also, I've considered Connecticut Senatorial 2012. It seems apparent that Independent incumbant Joeseph Liberman will run for reelection, and that Connecticut for Liberman will field a candidate, most likely Dr. John Mertens, against him. The question, however, is who will be in the Democratic and Republican primaries? And will the Democrats even run a candidate against Lieberman, as he's somewhat reconciled with the party?

I'm having to hand copy & paste the information from your scenario into a new one, because my map is not working with your scenario.

I came across an error? I think. Why is the democratic and independent party convention 5/20 and the republican is 8/10?

• Upvote 1

Yes, Lieberman is retiring.

Secondly, the CT for Lieberman party has 0 influence unless Lieberman is the candidate.

Finally, I would love this scenario..you always do a great job. Is it on the website? if not, nathanielmarshac@aol.com

The map and photos looks good! Thanks, muchly! I'm not sure what you mean by the Democrats being "all 1's" in the region info. I have a source that the CFL convention was 1/15, the Democratic convention was 5/20 (the same day the Independent announced his candidacy), and the Republican convention was 8/10, but to be honest, I can't remember where I read that. If you have a more accurate source, I'll be glad to adjust things. If you can send the scenario back to me with the new map and photos, I'll be glad to make any corrections needed.

the convention endorses a candidate before the primary, but anyone can participate in the primary. the winner of the convention does not necessarily win the primary. For example in 2006 for Governor Dan Malloy won the endorsement of the Democratic Convention but Jon DeStefano was chosen by Democratic voters as the nominee in the primary.