270soft Forum

British Prime Minister 2010 bug

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but it's mathematically impossible to create all 5 crusaders during the election campaign. It takes 10 days to create each crusader which is a minimum of 50 days. But the election itself only lasts for just over 5 weeks (44-46 days)

I also think 10 points per crusader is quite a lot. Especially in the early days of the campaign when you are targeting constituencies, creating footsoldiers and influencing endorsers.

So how about reducing the amount of time to create a new crusader from 10 to 7 days? Thereby solving both the above problems. Otherwise what's the point in having 5 potential crusaders when 90% of players are going to create 3 at most.

Great game though. I'm having a lot of fun playing it but thought I'd bring this up anyway as it's a definite bug (meaning mathematically impossible to create 5 crusaders during the election campaign)

"Otherwise what's the point in having 5 potential crusaders when 90% of players are going to create 3 at most."

To make them choose between them.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Where gaming gets political!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but it's mathematically impossible to create all 5 crusaders during the election campaign. It takes 10 days to create each crusader which is a minimum of 50 days. But the election itself only lasts for just over 5 weeks (44-46 days)

I also think 10 points per crusader is quite a lot. Especially in the early days of the campaign when you are targeting constituencies, creating footsoldiers and influencing endorsers.

So how about reducing the amount of time to create a new crusader from 10 to 7 days? Thereby solving both the above problems. Otherwise what's the point in having 5 potential crusaders when 90% of players are going to create 3 at most.

Great game though. I'm having a lot of fun playing it but thought I'd bring this up anyway as it's a definite bug (meaning mathematically impossible to create 5 crusaders during the election campaign)

This though is the point I've made before. In the UK system these crusaders are members of the front bench of each party. The election is called and they are off all over the country

All of them

Immediately

No choosing

This waiting 10 turns really reduces the reality of the UK version of the game.

Ok, noted.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

This though is the point I've made before. In the UK system these crusaders are members of the front bench of each party. The election is called and they are off all over the country

All of them

Immediately

No choosing

This waiting 10 turns really reduces the reality of the UK version of the game.

Been thinking. You could start each player with a number of crusaders who are there at the beginning, don't need creating and campaign as crusaders do. The number could be influenced by party strength at the previous election as this seems to be part of the game now.

You could then have some crusaders as at present (10 is still too long to create. For example, I think the Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe did some stuff for the Liberal Democrats. People like him could be quicker to create, last for a day or two, but have much greater news impact. They could always be recreated and should be more targetable, i.e., almost like a party leader barnstorm.

Having "immediate crusader mobilization points" is an interesting idea.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Been thinking. You could start each player with a number of crusaders who are there at the beginning, don't need creating and campaign as crusaders do. The number could be influenced by party strength at the previous election as this seems to be part of the game now.

You could then have some crusaders as at present (10 is still too long to create. For example, I think the Harry Potter actor Daniel Radcliffe did some stuff for the Liberal Democrats. People like him could be quicker to create, last for a day or two, but have much greater news impact. They could always be recreated and should be more targetable, i.e., almost like a party leader barnstorm.