270soft Forum

Background Information

Elizabeth Dole upsets George W. Bush (not so unrealistic as you're all probably thinking)and goes on to beat Al Gore in the General. Gore wins Florida, but Dole wins New York after picking George Pataki as her Vice President and receiving strong support from Rudy Giuliani. Dole's first term is fairly similar to Bush's except for a few major differences. After 9/11 Iraq and Afghanistan were invaded, but Dole always focused heavily on Afghanistan and was able to defeat much of Al Qaeda (not Osama though). She also never signed NCLB, in fact she rarely touched domestic issues during her first term (after she leaves office her Chief of Staff writes the reason was she wanted to prove a woman could be a strong Commander in Chief).

Democratic Candidates

Senator John Kerry (D-MA) *Frontrunner

Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) *Close behind Kerry

Governor Howard Dean (D-VT)

Congressman Dick Gephardt (D-MO)

General Wesley Clark (D-AR)

Governor Bob Graham (D-FL)

Reverend Al Sharpton (D-NY)

Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH)

Senator Carol Mosley Braun (D-IL)

Republican Candidates

President Elizabeth Hanford Dole (R-NC)

Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR) *off by default*

Other Candidates

Mr. Ralph Nader (I-CT)

Mr. Michael Badnarik (L-TX) *off by default*

Mr. Michael Peroukta (C-MD) *off by default*

Who's Likely to Win if I spacebar?

Well we all know the bugs in the 2004 Scenario and I have neither the time nor the patience to recreate the 2004 scenario (map and everything). Here's the deal - if you spacebar through the primaries it's about a 70-30 shot that Dole will win (but as Kerry I've been able to beat her). If you start w/o the primaries, spacebarring, its 50-50 (even had a 269-269 tie), but if you play as the Democrat you can obliterate Dole. If you play as Dole you can obliterate the Democrat.

When will the game be released?

Well it's done! If you want it post your email and I'll get it to you ASAP. I expect it to be on the Theory Spark Website soon. :)

Will there be a sequel?

Yes, it'll be after eight years of a Dole Presidency. Of course the little blurb at the beginning of the game isn't enough for me to explain her last term so look forward to updates here. I plan for this to be a long-running series, if I can keep up the support from you guys. Contact me on PM or in this thread w/ questions or concerns.

Presidential Election - 2004: Official Results (Map Below)

Elizabeth Dole/George Pataki [Republican] (279 Electoral Votes) *48.9% of Popular Vote*

Howard Dean/Dick Gephardt [Democrat] (259 Electoral Votes) *50.4% of Popular Vote*

e8n9z7.png

2004 v.2 is almost complete - tomorrow morning = projected completion

Where is Al Gore?

Dole won New York (though losing Florida). She did not lost the popular vote and she obviously won the electoral vote. Al Gore's credibility was damaged and has not decided to take a stab at the Presidency again.

Where is John Edwards?

I figured that I'd have him stay another term in the senate. He is in the 2008 Scenario.

Where is Joe Lieberman?

Though most VP Nominees do run, Lieberman isn't...at least not in 2004. Lieberman is fairly in line with Dole on some key issues, especially Iraq and Afghanistan. He isn't a candidate, but he may be an Independent in 2008.

Where is Tom Daschle?

He's going to be added in to 2004 (President Dole) v.2, still working on a platform and such.

Who's in the 2008 Scenario?

Democratic Candidates

Congressman (and 2004 Democratic VP Nominee) Dick Gephardt - frontrunner

Senator John Edwards - frontrunner

General (and Congressman since 2004) Wesley Clark

Senator Evan Bayh

Senator Christopher Dodd

Governor Bill Richardson - off by default

Senator Joe Biden - off by default

Congressman Dennis Kucinich - off by default

*Could be added: Senator Barack Obama, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator John Kerry (he was not the nominee in 2004)*

Republican Candidates

Vice President George Pataki - frontrunner

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice - frontrunner

Mayor Rudy Giuliani (I might make him a Senator)

Senator Chuck Hagel

Senator George Allen (he never lost in 2006 - Republicans have maintained congress from when Dole entered office to present)

Governor Mitt Romney

Senator Bill Frist

Senator Fred Thompson - off by default

Governor Jeb Bush - off by default

Congressman Ron Paul - off by default

*Could be added: Speaker Dennis Hastert, Governor Mike Huckabee, Former Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney*

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why not throw in George W. Bush? He would only be 62 in a 2008 Scenario.

Also, you could fit in Russ Feingold or John McCain in the 2004 scenario.

2004 v.2 is almost complete - tomorrow morning = projected completion

Where is Al Gore?

Dole won New York (though losing Florida). She did not lost the popular vote and she obviously won the electoral vote. Al Gore's credibility was damaged and has not decided to take a stab at the Presidency again.

Where is John Edwards?

I figured that I'd have him stay another term in the senate. He is in the 2008 Scenario.

Where is Joe Lieberman?

Though most VP Nominees do run, Lieberman isn't...at least not in 2004. Lieberman is fairly in line with Dole on some key issues, especially Iraq and Afghanistan. He isn't a candidate, but he may be an Independent in 2008.

Where is Tom Daschle?

He's going to be added in to 2004 (President Dole) v.2, still working on a platform and such.

Who's in the 2008 Scenario?

Democratic Candidates

Congressman (and 2004 Democratic VP Nominee) Dick Gephardt - frontrunner

Senator John Edwards - frontrunner

General (and Congressman since 2004) Wesley Clark

Senator Evan Bayh

Senator Christopher Dodd

Governor Bill Richardson - off by default

Senator Joe Biden - off by default

Congressman Dennis Kucinich - off by default

*Could be added: Senator Barack Obama, Senator Hillary Clinton, Senator John Kerry (he was not the nominee in 2004)*

Republican Candidates

Vice President George Pataki - frontrunner

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice - frontrunner

Mayor Rudy Giuliani (I might make him a Senator)

Senator Chuck Hagel

Senator George Allen (he never lost in 2006 - Republicans have maintained congress from when Dole entered office to present)

Governor Mitt Romney

Senator Bill Frist

Senator Fred Thompson - off by default

Governor Jeb Bush - off by default

Congressman Ron Paul - off by default

*Could be added: Speaker Dennis Hastert, Governor Mike Huckabee, Former Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney*

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...