270soft Forum

Access Violation Help

Hi everyone,

I have Campaigns Forever and have been trying to create several scenarios, but they won't work when I try to play them in President Forever 2008. All was fine according to campaigns forever (no errors to report). However, when I attempted to play my map I get this error message:

"Access violation at this address 004D8CAA in module "p4e.exe". Write of address 00000041"

The same thing happens every time I create a scenario with a new map, or alter the political units on an existing map. This has only been a problem since I updated to Windows 7 over the summer.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I've emailed theoryspark months ago but they haven't responded. I've gone through my scenario over and over and over again but can't find anything that would be causing a problem. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing both Campaigns Forever and President Forever 2008 and I've tried changing the permission setting in the scenario folder, but nothing has worked.

Thank you!