270soft Forum

Universal Alienated

Does anyone know what this does? I have been tinkering with it, and it seems to have no effect whatsoever upon the election, even when maxed out.

It's generally supposed to be the factor who will not (or did not, historically, as it's usually used) vote in that election as a percentage of the total electorate. I'm not really sure how well it really works out practically.

It's generally supposed to be the factor who will not (or did not, historically, as it's usually used) vote in that election as a percentage of the total electorate. I'm not really sure how well it really works out practically.

Actually, I meant alienated as in the party percentages when assigned. On the same bar as Primary and General strengths in every state, there is another where I assumed that was the number alienated from that Party, thus refusing to vote for it. However, I consistently have gotten numbers above what the alienation level should be. The Democrats, for example, should not get above 51 in Indiana, since I set it so that 49 are alienated from the Democratic Party. However, they consistently have polled 57 or higher in every test that I have run.