270soft Forum

Maybe they could do what they do in "Election Day"... Modify and save your character... If you have low EP at the end, your overall stamina declines. If you ran a negative campaign, your integrity declines. If you won a debate, your charisma goes up a bit.

Just ideas.

Or how about a "Here's how your term went..." deal.

If you ran a positive campaign, you're beloved and easily win the next election by an even bigger margin.

If you ran on the environmentalism issue, the city/state/country becomes a world leader in air pollution standards.

If you lost the popular vote but won the most seats, you have a shaky time.

etc.

Easy, there... That's a whole other game. I just mean something like what happened at the end of Roger and Me or Supersize Me... "So-and-so went on to do this."

You wouldn't have any control over your term of office, it just explains what is most likely to happen based on your election results.

are there any games like that....a president career sim.?

quick google search found a couple out there, Shadow President sounds good....

Always wanted a SimNation type game, where you pick the government style, economy, all that - faced w/ wars, recessions, depressions etc....

but, let's fave getting elected is the fun part - the rest is WORK

Actually, there's a BRILLIANT 80s game called Crisis in the Kremlin... You get to run the Russian government between 1984 and whenever you're booted out of power (I've never made it past 1997.)

You have to deliver budgets, handle crisises, and all sorts of other "I'm the boss" kinda stuff. Meanwhile, if you lose the support of your party, the other parties, the population, or the military, it's game over.

Definetly a "Just-one-more-month-I-swear-ok-maybe-one-more" kind of game. It's listed on Home of the Underdogs.

(It's not US politics, but it's damned good nonetheless.)

That's a bit like Tropico. Your a dictator in a tropical island nation, and you build up the county.

If fun stuff. If you do bad rebels emerge, there can be attempted coup and if you do REALLY bad and support the Russians or Americans to much. The opposing nation will invade you.

Having played Tropico, no, it's (Crisis in the Kremlin's) nothing like Tropico at all. You do no actual building, it's purely the executive functions. (Budgets, press releases, dealing with crisises, etc.)