270soft Forum

Low Scores in C4E

I've played Congress 2010 and Senate 2010 several times, and many of the results are phenomenal (Senate Dems getting 64 seats, House Dems arriving at a net zero loss for the election, etc.).

Yet, every time I get those great results, the game engine scores it as "incompetent" or "meager" or "disasterous" and gives me a low score.

It hardly matters, but I thought it was odd that my scores would be that low given the election results were so good from a political/real-world perspective.

high-score can be improved by unseating important figures. Since the democrats chair many coms and have both the sen. majority leader and the speaker of the house, it is easier to score higher as the Republicans, because they can unseat such figures.

Thanks, I'll look at it.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Game Designer

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

I've played Congress 2010 and Senate 2010 several times, and many of the results are phenomenal (Senate Dems getting 64 seats, House Dems arriving at a net zero loss for the election, etc.).

Yet, every time I get those great results, the game engine scores it as "incompetent" or "meager" or "disasterous" and gives me a low score.

It hardly matters, but I thought it was odd that my scores would be that low given the election results were so good from a political/real-world perspective.