270soft Forum

President Forever 2012 Announced!

admin_270

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading some of these scathing posts, I would like to offer my thanks to the development team of P4E12 for the work they are doing and will continue to do. Release dates are always speculative and I would ask my fellow politicos who are interested in the games TheorySpark produces to be patient...the election is still 18 months off. I am sure, no matter when the game is released, we will have plenty of time to play out every possible scenario!

Keep up the good work guys!

I'm guessing it's not going to come out in June? It's still early but I was just wondering.

Don't think so. They've said some few pages back that they won't say anything about estimated release date anymore.

jwfleming10 is right. The election is 18 months away. There's lots of time.

Don't think so. They've said some few pages back that they won't say anything about estimated release date anymore.

jwfleming10 is right. The election is 18 months away. There's lots of time.

Agreed.

I don't know - but before it happens, you'll see the Australian game officially released. Once that happens, you'll know we're getting closer.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

Where gaming gets political!

I'm guessing it's not going to come out in June? It's still early but I was just wondering.

So... Newt Gingrich's campaign just imploded, evidently. Any chance this might be factored into the initial set-up in the game before it comes out? Obviously, we don't yet know if he's going to drop out or just continue in a somewhat diminished form, and something very similar happened to John McCain in the summer of '07 so it doesn't necessarily mean he's finished but it probably does change things short-term.

The official 2012 scenario will most likely start in Aug. or Sep. of 2011. So, whatever happens to Gingrich's campaign between now and then will determine how (or if) he starts out.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com

So... Newt Gingrich's campaign just imploded, evidently. Any chance this might be factored into the initial set-up in the game before it comes out? Obviously, we don't yet know if he's going to drop out or just continue in a somewhat diminished form, and something very similar happened to John McCain in the summer of '07 so it doesn't necessarily mean he's finished but it probably does change things short-term.

• 3 weeks later...

So, as far as I know there hasn't actually yet been an announcement on whether or not there will be a campaign editor for the new version of P4E, and even if there is a campaign editor the thing I'm about to suggest might be really hard, but I feel like it would be massively convenient for the purposes of making campaigns if vote percentages could all be entered in one centralized location. Something where you might have a matrix of states versus candidates, and you could enter a percentage for each candidate for each state, all at once. Maybe the stuff about committed/leaning/undecided/alienated would come up on the side when you were highlighting a given cell. Anyway, it's not a huge deal, I just feel like it would reduce the workload of trying to make a scenario by a fairly large amount.

That's a good idea,

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

270soft.com - TheorySpark

So, as far as I know there hasn't actually yet been an announcement on whether or not there will be a campaign editor for the new version of P4E, and even if there is a campaign editor the thing I'm about to suggest might be really hard, but I feel like it would be massively convenient for the purposes of making campaigns if vote percentages could all be entered in one centralized location. Something where you might have a matrix of states versus candidates, and you could enter a percentage for each candidate for each state, all at once. Maybe the stuff about committed/leaning/undecided/alienated would come up on the side when you were highlighting a given cell. Anyway, it's not a huge deal, I just feel like it would reduce the workload of trying to make a scenario by a fairly large amount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi TheZ, the final version of PM4E - Canada 2011 will probably be released fairly soon. Then, PM4E - Australia 2011. Then, P4E12. I can't give an estimate for when beyond that, though.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

Been a month since the last update, can you tell us how the progress is going?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TheZ, the final version of PM4E - Canada 2011 will probably be released fairly soon. Then, PM4E - Australia 2011. Then, P4E12. I can't give an estimate for when beyond that, though.

Anthony Burgoyne

Lead Designer

I realize that if there is a Mac/iPhone/iPad version of the game at all, it will not be out for a while. So I have a (hopefully) minor request: can we get a lot of youtube videos of the game posted online (either from you guys at 270 or the fan community)? There's not a lot of youtube on P408 and it's always a lot of fun to follow along in someone else's campaign too. It would also be helpful to other players as well. Thanks a lot in advance and I hope my request is reasonable.

i was a very loyal customer until now. the election is a few months away. it makes more sense to just make a 2012 scenario then wait for the new game. i'm not expecting p4e12 to be done by the 2016 election let alone 2012

i was a very loyal customer until now. the election is a few months away. it makes more sense to just make a 2012 scenario then wait for the new game. i'm not expecting p4e12 to be done by the 2016 election let alone 2012

I caught a lot of flack when I posted my refusal to pre-order President Forever 2012, because all it said was "Pre-order now!" with a link to payment options, and zero info about the game. I said it sounded like 270soft was only focused on getting every dollar, and wasn't making any effort at the game or interaction with the customer. They thought that all they had to do was say "pre-order now!" and customers would line up like sheep. Despite my desire to have the game (I LOVED PF2008), I refused to give my money for something without having read a single word or seen a single picture. I questioned whether 270soft would even have the game done on time. Man...I would have liked for nothing more than to have been wrong. I understand now that 270soft is possibly a single-person operation, but to focus on Canada and Australia and not put any work into the American version when the primaries are now less than six months away...I guess I just don't get it. But I'm definitely glad I didn't send them any of my money now!

I caught a lot of flack when I posted my refusal to pre-order President Forever 2012, because all it said was "Pre-order now!" with a link to payment options, and zero info about the game. I said it sounded like 270soft was only focused on getting every dollar, and wasn't making any effort at the game or interaction with the customer. They thought that all they had to do was say "pre-order now!" and customers would line up like sheep. Despite my desire to have the game (I LOVED PF2008), I refused to give my money for something without having read a single word or seen a single picture. I questioned whether 270soft would even have the game done on time. Man...I would have liked for nothing more than to have been wrong. I understand now that 270soft is possibly a single-person operation, but to focus on Canada and Australia and not put any work into the American version when the primaries are now less than six months away...I guess I just don't get it. But I'm definitely glad I didn't send them any of my money now!

You do know that the 1 year anniversary of the Australian election was yesterday, and yet the game is still in a highly buggy, almost unplayable state. I'd demand my money back if they were focusing on P4E 2012 at all, and not focusing on finishing a product that should have been finished a long time ago.

Yeah, I've been a good customer to 80/270soft since 2005 and I'm pretty disappointed. I paid my $20 for the beta and now they won't even return e-mails...Anyway, I've seen a lot of different users discussing the creation of a 2012 scenario for P4E2008 (which was an amazing program--its a shame that 2012 doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight), does anyone know if there is a really good one that has been completed? Thanks!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm disappointed by all of this as well. I don't understand why 80soft would have hyped this game as being done in late 2010 originally, and now the completion date is essentially "indefinite?" I can understand having to get Australia out, but isn't all the hype behind that game passed? As the poster above me said, the election was a year ago. Why not capitalize on the hype around 2012? So Anthony, can you state whether you think the game will be out in time for the primaries in Jan/Feb 2012? If not, will it be out by Nov. 12?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm disappointed by all of this as well. I don't understand why 80soft would have hyped this game as being done in late 2010 originally, and now the completion date is essentially "indefinite?" I can understand having to get Australia out, but isn't all the hype behind that game passed? As the poster above me said, the election was a year ago. Why not capitalize on the hype around 2012? So Anthony, can you state whether you think the game will be out in time for the primaries in Jan/Feb 2012? If not, will it be out by Nov. 12?

Yup. The election was a year ago, and having already purchased the game long ago, expecting it to be released within a few months after the election, having had to wait an entire year is pretty unacceptable. And of course, the final product will probably be rushed, barely be any different from Canada 2011 (save for preferrential voting), and this whole wait will have been for a sub-par product.

As you can see I've been around for quite a while. I actually started playing PF in 2004 and it was quite addicting. One big issue is that around 2007 the off-topic forum area was deleted, which resulted in a lot of the community withering away.

I do look forward to a new version, though.

His profile suggests that Anthony was last active on Aug 02 2011 04:47 PM ... what's going on here? Or rather: Is ANYTHING going on here?

I don't know, I kind of feel like I've been scammed. I asked for my money back (for the beta) about a month ago and have received no response. It's awfully shady.

Archived