Next Senate Scenario

Next Senate 2010 Scenario  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Senate Scenario Should I Do After Washington

• Florida
    • Kentucky
    • Connecticut
    • Nevada

I thought I'd try my hand at another Senate 2010 scenario once Washington Senate 2010 is fully done. The four I picked are all interesting races in my opinion. Only Kentucky has no current map made specifically for P4E2008 in circulation, and thus I'd need one made by someone. Choose your preference above.

How about all of them?

Florida

Nevada

Connecticut

Kentucky

that'd be my ranking. :)

Can't wait for other Senate scenarios by you.

I just started on Florida. I've finished the scenario and issues files, and am working on poliitcal units (i.e. counties). I think, though, I'll do Connecticut before Nevada, and I don't yet know whether or not I'll do Kentucky in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Great news. :)

When can we expect the Florida Scenario?

I've hit a snag in the Florida scenario, getting an 'Access Violation Error' upon trying to load it. TheorySpark gave a tactic to try and troubleshoot it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm going to try some more things, and maybe send it in again, but, until I get it working, I'm moving on to Connecticut.

• 3 weeks later...

My Senate scenarios, and all scenarios from me, in fact, are currently on hold for at least one week, possibly up to three weeks, due to my computer being in the shop for repairs. I'll actually be very hard-pressed to finish them, or even one more (outside Washington, which is done) by election day. :(

• 5 weeks later...

I think, actually, while I gather ideas for my 2020 presidential scenario, I'll be able to finish the Florida, Connecticut, and Delaware Senatorial scenarios, though, obviously, not before the election like I had hoped. I don't yet know about Nevada, as a key bit of primaries data I needed for it seems to have vanished from it's spot on the Internet.

Florida, Nevada and Delaware would be my preferences. There are two very interesting articles if you like elections (which I guess, we do, seeing as we're here)

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/44714.html

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/nov/07/one-word-preparation/

on how Harry Reid managed to hold the line in NV. (and they do have some lessons for Pres Forever!)

Where is Pennsylvania?

Not only was the race won by a mere 2% (http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/), but the primaries had the notable loss by Arlen Spector! (http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=12&ElectionID=34)

Plus, you could add the Green party (Mel Packer), the Libertarian, and others who failed the primaries!

Where is Pennsylvania?

Not only was the race won by a mere 2% (http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/), but the primaries had the notable loss by Arlen Spector! (http://www.electionreturns.state.pa.us/ElectionsInformation.aspx?FunctionID=12&ElectionID=34)

Plus, you could add the Green party (Mel Packer), the Libertarian, and others who failed the primaries!

Good point! I may do this one as well, as well as California, New Hampshire, Colorado, and if I can get ahold of good maps, Wisconsin, and Illinois (I haven't seen good maps for those last two states, or Kentucky for that matter). Very one-sided races probably won't be done, though.

This is only my opinion, but these are my choices for the Senate.

-My first choice is Texas as it is very interesting to work on geographically just like California or Washington, but Illinois would be a good scenario to do, as no scenario was ever made for this quite interesting state both in P4E and P4E+P. But, one which be careful about the electoral vote in Cook County (Chicago).

-Along with the 2008 senatorial election, Minnesota will also be an awesome gubernatorial choice (1998 especially).

-Ohio is a good bet, just like Pennsylvania it is a good competitive state.

-Kentucky is also a good choice, but the problem is the map.

-I know this is not senatorial, but a redo of the Maine Gubernatorial elections will be nice to do as this was quite a competitive race.

Also, just wondering, does somebody have the old scenarios for P4E with states such as Alaska, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Mississippi and Missouri?

• Upvote 1

Good point! I may do this one as well, as well as California, New Hampshire, Colorado, and if I can get ahold of good maps, Wisconsin, and Illinois (I haven't seen good maps for those last two states, or Kentucky for that matter). Very one-sided races probably won't be done, though.

If you do it, I can help with typing info for the players and adding third parties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I've returned to Florida Senatorial 2010 after a brief diversion, and I need some advice. What would people say were the main defining events of this campaign that I should represent as game events, other than Crist going indy, which happens before the start of the scenario?

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, only some more endorsers, then regional issue centres (and, if I can find some good ones, events) left on Florida, and I do plan Connecticut, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Nevada, and maybe Illinois, California and a few others from the 2010 Senatorial cycle, as long as they were in some way competitive. A question: can anyone think of a way to do Alaska with Murkowski's Write-in Campaign while still preserving the primaries, or is that a pipe-dream?