270soft Forum

Problem adding scenarios

Hey I have windows 7 and I'm having a hard time understanding how to add scenarios. When I think I've added them the game crashes. Can someone please give me a step by step instuction guide? Thanks in advance.

I also had a problem with scenarios and Windows 7, but it was with scenario creation and Campaigns Forever. But it might be similar to your situation.

It was all about file editing permission. In Windows 7, you can't change anything without permission, and when I saved my scenarios on Campaigns Forever, for some reason it didn't ask for permission to alter the file.

I changed the permission settings on the scenario folder, so that every user could change it. Then I opened Campaigns Forever, saved my scenario with a different name and that solved it.

I also had a problem with scenarios and Windows 7, but it was with scenario creation and Campaigns Forever. But it might be similar to your situation.

It was all about file editing permission. In Windows 7, you can't change anything without permission, and when I saved my scenarios on Campaigns Forever, for some reason it didn't ask for permission to alter the file.

I changed the permission settings on the scenario folder, so that every user could change it. Then I opened Campaigns Forever, saved my scenario with a different name and that solved it.

Also, try right-clicking on the p4e.exe file (or it's shortcut) and clicking 'run as administrator.'