270soft Forum

What next?

Having been away for a little bit, I'm now back to find a plethora of fantastic work by lots of new contributors.

I don't want to repeat anyones work, so if anyone can point me in the direction of a scenario to build that hasn't been done yet, please let me know.

If you've played my scenarios yet, you'll know that i'm really up for complex maps with cut-aways and zoom ins. I also try and do as many viable candidates and endorsers as possible.

Any ideas people?

Great to see you back! Here are some suggestions:

2010 Senate Races

Illinois

Florida

Kentucky

Arkansas

Nevada

2010 Gubernatorial Races

Maine

New Mexico

Minnesota

Vermont

Illinois

Arizona

Texas

My top choices:

Arkansas senate

Minnesota governor

Texas governor

My top choice would be Minnesota's gubernatorial contest.

• Upvote 1

Some sort of world parliament scenario would be a lot of fun!

I have candidates and percentages for a global senate-style election, where each country gets 1 representative. I don't know how easy it is to make a Congress Forever scenario from scratch, though; I'm not very experienced with it. If anyone who is experienced with it would like to get ahold of my data, I can send it to them (I basically used the most recent election data from each country that I could find).

A parliament scenario is not that difficult to do with PM4E or Chancellor Forever. I even based some of my PM4E scenarios on old P4E games (like the Solar System Assembly), as PM4E and the old P4E had about the same engine.

I could maybe even make a parliamentary election based on a old PM4E scenario (such as a World Assembly election or a United North America Assembly election).

Even that I heard this somebody had even tried to make a proportional scenario (like Israel) with P4E+P.

Any suggestions, for the people playing old P4E scenarios? I must say that I sometimes play some good old P4E scenarios which are pretty decent for the limitations of the game.

My top ten choices:

10) Texas Governor 2010

9) New York Senate (Gillibrand) 2010

8) Connecticut Governor 2010

7) Connecticut Senate 2006

6) Arizona Governor 2010

5) Florida Senate 2010

4) Arkansas Senate 2010

3) Connecticut Senate 2010

2) California Senate 2010

1) Nevada Senate 2010

Texas

Democrats

Bill White

Alma Ludivina Aguado

Felix Alvarado

Bill Dear

Clement E. Glenn

Farouk Shami

Kinky Friedman

Annise Parker

Julián Castro

Chet Edwards

Leticia R. Van De Putte

Eliot Shapleigh

Tom Schieffer

Republicans

Rick Perry

Kay Bailey Hutchison

Debra Medina

David Dewhurst

Greg Abbott

Joe Straus

Tom Leppert

Elizabeth Ames Jones

Michael Williams

Susan Combs

Esperanza Andrade

Libertarians

Kathie Glass

Constitution

David Kirkland

Green

Deb Shafto

Italics indicates that the candidate would be off.

• Upvote 1

South Carolina

Democrats

Jim Rex

Vincent Sheheen

Robert Ford

Dwight Drake

Jim Clyburn

Steve Benjamin

Laurie Slade Funderburk

Gilda Cobb-Hunter

Phil Leventis

Harry Ott

Herb Kirsh

Republicans

Gresham Barrett

Andre Bauer

Nikki Haley

Henry McMaster

Jenny Sanford

David Beasley

Jake Knotts

Larry Grooms

Rita Allison

Jim DeMint

Lindsey Graham

Greens

Morgan Reeves

Italics indicates that the candidate would be off.

• Upvote 1

Loving the idea of these two elections (specifically South Carolina and Texas Governor's races). The plots are great. Will SC become the second deep-south state to elect an Indian American as Governor, and a female at that? In Texas, can a relatively popular conservative, tea party governor be elected to a third term, or is his current 10 year tenure causing Perry-fatigue?

TX and SC are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

After those, I'd love to see a California Governor and Senate race, and perhaps a revamped, refurbished 2012 race. Only this time, update the candidates list, and create a narrative of what is going on by using the headline stories.

Loving the idea of these two elections (specifically South Carolina and Texas Governor's races). The plots are great. Will SC become the second deep-south state to elect an Indian American as Governor, and a female at that? In Texas, can a relatively popular conservative, tea party governor be elected to a third term, or is his current 10 year tenure causing Perry-fatigue?

TX and SC are the ones I'm looking forward to the most.

After those, I'd love to see a California Governor and Senate race, and perhaps a revamped, refurbished 2012 race. Only this time, update the candidates list, and create a narrative of what is going on by using the headline stories.