270soft Forum

US Senate 1918

I was thinking about possibly good scenarios for the brand new Congress Forever and I immediately came to the 1918 Senate Election. This was quite possibly the most important congressional election in US history as it blocked our entry into the League of Nations and would have a major impact over near 2 decades following. About 32 seats should have been up for grabs (1/3 of total). I know 9 of them are: CO DE ID IL MO NH NJ WI MA, others I'm not sure. Obviously this will also be a challenge as it would require the direct editing of the code which I can't really/suck at :lol: .

There would be a certain symbolic import in 1914, the first direct-election Senate races. Democrats picked up four seats, going from a net +6 majority to a net +16 one. Certainly 1918 was more dramatic, in that control of the chamber switched and had dramatic historical import.

There would be a certain symbolic import in 1914, the first direct-election Senate races. Democrats picked up four seats, going from a net +6 majority to a net +16 one. Certainly 1918 was more dramatic, in that control of the chamber switched and had dramatic historical import.

True, but since all seats were up for grabs, it would be an easier senatorial election to do.