270soft Forum

United States - 1964

I have to warn you, that due to computer issues, my posts will be sporadic. Still, I'll post whenever I can.

Anyway, I have tried to implement ideas from the other projects into this one, and so far it has come out.......okay. The major trouble came when I represent the moderate leaving Goldwater, and the Solid South breaking for him. I solved this by granting him massive home bonuses in the South, while the Republican Party is polling low nationally. However, I then met the problem of trying to more properly gauge the strength of the various candidates that could have been chosen, and therefore where and how much their bonuses should be. Until then, the scenario outside of the General Election is unplayable. Major issues currently are

Republican

Barry Goldwater

Nelson Rockefeller

Henry Cabot Lodge Jr.

Richard Nixon (off)

William Scranton

John Byrnes

Hiram Fong

Democratic

Lyndon Johnson

George Wallace

Robert F. Kennedy (off)

John F. Kennedy (off)

American Independent

George Wallace (off)

George Wallace didn't run as a third party candidate in 1964, only in the democratic primary.

He threatened to do so, and had planned to, but the victory of Barry Goldwater stole most of his thunder. However, he is supposed to be listed as "off"

All other notes are taken into account.

Alright, I need some Crusaders. I already have Lady Bird Johnson for........Johnson, and Ronald Reagan for Barry Goldwater. Henry Kissinger is for Nelson Rockefeller. I haven't been able to identify anyone other than that. (I've got the Kennedy's covered)

I have to warn you, that due to computer issues, my posts will be sporadic. Still, I'll post whenever I can.

Anyway, I have tried to implement ideas from the other projects into this one, and so far it has come out.......okay. The major trouble came when I represent the moderate leaving Goldwater, and the Solid South breaking for him. I solved this by granting him massive home bonuses in the South, while the Republican Party is polling low nationally. However, I then met the problem of trying to more properly gauge the strength of the various candidates that could have been chosen, and therefore where and how much their bonuses should be. Until then, the scenario outside of the General Election is unplayable. Major issues currently are

Republican

Barry Goldwater

Nelson Rockefeller

Henry Cabot Lodge Jr.

Richard Nixon (off)

William Scranton

John Byrnes

Hiram Fong

Democratic

Lyndon Johnson

George Wallace

Robert F. Kennedy (off)

John F. Kennedy (off)

American Independent

George Wallace (off)

Goldwater wasn't a moderate, really. He was the leader of the arch-conservative faction of the party.

EDIT: Couldn't tell if you meant "moderates leaving Goldwater" or "moderate-leaning Goldwater". *chuckle*

Goldwater wasn't a moderate, really. He was the leader of the arch-conservative faction of the party.

EDIT: Couldn't tell if you meant "moderates leaving Goldwater" or "moderate-leaning Goldwater". *chuckle*

Moderate leaving Goldwater.

For the spacebar Party I am going to add the unpledged electors in Alabama, under the direction of George Wallace (he supported Goldwater, but I can think of no other character whom the electors would vote for than their homeboy)

Right now my major problem is HOW much support (through home state bonuses) the moderates (like Lodge, Rockefeller, and Scranton) should receive. This includes everything outside of the South. I have a general idea, but at the same time I am unsure as to where it would be improved the most, and by how much.

• 4 months later...