270soft Forum

Yes, its quite well made, though it seems like the Dems who would run with a President Nader would be generally more moderate, since I think a lot of the party would be smart enough to know that a Republican victory is the only result a left-wing split would get.

Just played it through, and it's fairly fun. Simple, but fun. Good job on your first scene.

One problem I spotted however was the reoccurring event of the general in Afghanistan asking for more troops, which periodically gave the Republican candidate a huge boost, some times day after day. It didn't seem to move the numbers much, oddly, -- the numbers were fairly static in the G.E. as well, now that I think about it. Perhaps you should make them slightly more fluid?

I aimed for the Democrats to be slightly more moderate, but not so much that their Liberal wing is gone, more like Dennis Kucinich (who is their leader in the House of Representatives). However, I was not sure exactly how many major Democrats would bolt from the Democratic Party to the Green Party, which is a question that I pose to you guys. To me, Democrats like Howard Dean are borderline, but not yet ready to bolt. Possibly Nancy Pelosi, but then she would lose her leadership, so I don't think she would. I am not sure.

I will try to make the numbers more fluid, though it is largely because I had a large number of the percentages at committed to their parties, so I will tone that down.

The "Petreaus" event has gone through quite an evolution. Orginially it was based off of the parties, but that didn't make sense with some of the candidates that possibly can win. I eventually made it so that one lost or won momentum from the event based off the issue positions. The reason even for its creation was that Nader, was supposed to anyway, build up an extensive lead over the Republicans.

I will work on a second version to release based on these recommomendations (since my other expansion to the 2000 scenario flopped).

However, are there any more moderate Democrats from the South who could have run in 2004? It would make more sense that they run, so that the Democratic party becomes more competitive in the South, making it possible for a Democrat to win the election (which is darn near impossible now). Orginally, I was thinking of Mark Warner, but he would likely have sat it out until 2008. Maybe Mike Easley? I am really not sure, and would like help on that score.

Expect something tonight.

Should I send this to theoryspark? Is it ready? And how do I go about doing that? I really want Patine's opinion, since he makes some of the best scenarios I have ever seen.

• Upvote 1

Should I send this to theoryspark? Is it ready? And how do I go about doing that? I really want Patine's opinion, since he makes some of the best scenarios I have ever seen.

Gee, I'm flattered. I'll try a full game this weekend and give you some feedback. I've only had a superficial look so far.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...