270soft Forum

Tea Party Idea

So you know it's just a suggestion, this scenario would be more fun than anything.

2012 Tea Party

Democrats:

Barack Obama

A few Grizzled Veterans angry at Obama's route (i.e. Jerry Brown and Gary Hart)

Republicans:

Mitt Romney

Bobby Jindal

George Pataki

Newt Gingrich

Dick Cheney

Tea Party:

Sarah Palin

Lou Dobbs

Jim Traficant

Independent:

Micheal Bloomberg (with Chafee as a running mate.)

You should call it "Going Rogue." I was working on a scenario of that variety. One trick I used in my version, which never got very sophisticated: set the Tea Party to have a very high percent of its general-election support being Committed or Leaning, and very little Undecided. That should make them start out very strong but then not gain as much ground as the other parties. You might also try something like having Palin off by default, but in the #1 slot, and then have a slate of weaker candidates like Dobbs, Traficant, maybe Michelle Bachmann or Marco Rubio, and then have the no-Palin primary be wide open and the yes-Palin primary be just dominated by Palin (because, let's face it, it would be).

I think a better Independent candidate would be Jesse Ventura. He has dropped hints that he might run in 2012.

Personally I don't see Bloomberg running for office again.

He sunk millions of dollars into last year's NYC mayoral race to win a third term, and just barely beat Thompson.

I think a better Independent candidate would be Jesse Ventura. He has dropped hints that he might run in 2012.

Personally I don't see Bloomberg running for office again.

He sunk millions of dollars into last year's NYC mayoral race to win a third term, and just barely beat Thompson.

Jesse Ventura won't run, everyone now knows he's on perot levels of insanity.