270soft Forum

C.S.A. 1866 COMPLETED

I can't even open the scenario. When I try, I get three seperate errors; one stating it can't find the scenario.xml file, and two numbered critical errors, the last of which flashes repeatedly and won't let me close the game (I have to cntrl+alt+del to shut it down).

I can't even open the scenario. When I try, I get three seperate errors; one stating it can't find the scenario.xml file, and two numbered critical errors, the last of which flashes repeatedly and won't let me close the game (I have to cntrl+alt+del to shut it down).

Never mind, I figured it out. You had a nested scenario folder.

Sorry about that.

Darkmoon, were you trying to develop your campaign? I strongly recommend avoiding that. I would have removed the option if Campaigns Forever would let me.

Yes, I was. That must've been the problem. It doesn't happen any more. Thanks.

I managed to beat 1866 with the United South party. It's a tough one for these guys - seems like the Dixiecrats have an advantage in this scenario.

I narrowly won the electoral votes while losing the popular vote as Herschel Johnson. I even lost his home state of Georgia, and lost the Arizona Territory by a narrow 3 votes! I think that would've forced a recount even back then!

CSAcloseststate.jpg

One question I had was, why does Andrew Johnson have an Integrity of 1?

One question I had was, why does Andrew Johnson have an Integrity of 1?

Because he was Lincoln's running mate. That makes his loyalty to the CSA questionable.

The scenario does favor the Dixiecrats, which is probably realistic (they are the more States Rights party) but may hurt playability.

I have just started playing this scenario, and my first issue is that all my opponents are collapsing from exhaustion because they haven't figured out that barnstorming isn't practical.

Is there a way of forcing the AI to use barnstorming very sparingly?

I narrowly won the electoral votes while losing the popular vote as Herschel Johnson. I even lost his home state of Georgia, and lost the Arizona Territory by a narrow 3 votes! I think that would've forced a recount even back then!

Well since Arizona doesn't have any electoral votes I think we have to congratulate the 17,541 voters for bothering to show up at the polling places...

I have just started playing this scenario, and my first issue is that all my opponents are collapsing from exhaustion because they haven't figured out that barnstorming isn't practical.

Is there a way of forcing the AI to use barnstorming very sparingly?

I originally had it cost more CP, but that was causing the game to crash. If there's a way to smarten up the AI, I haven't seen it.