270soft Forum

Canadian Historical Provincial elections

I made a shortlist of Canadian provincial historical scenarios which will be interesting to do. However, many elections in the turn of the century have incomplete riding data.

Manitoba-1969

Manitoba-1988

New Brunswick-1960

New Brunswick-1991

Ontario-1985

Ontario-1975

Ontario-1967

Ontario-1943

I looked at the same and came to different conclusions

I started but did not finish these;

Manitoba-1958

th_19508_Manitoba_1958_122_169lo.JPG

Manitoba-1990

New Brunswick-1995

th_19509_New_Brunswick_1995_122_446lo.JPG

I agree about Ontario 1985, which also sits on my PC

th_19510_Ontario_1985_122_457lo.JPG

Regarding turn of the century data (assuming you mean turn of the 21st century) I think I have managed to track down all provincial ridings data.

Where do you find the logos for the Ontario 1985 election? I searched everywhere for them!

I seem to remember adapting them from campaign badge graphics I found on the net.

Ok, thanks, this is what I've done for the Ontario 1990 scenario.

Do you plan on releasing those scenarios?

Also, I always wanted to do an 19th century Canadian or British scenario, however finding any information on some elections is very difficult to find.

The NDP and PC logos for 1990 were different, if you are doing a 1990 scenario I could send you them.

Ontario 1985 was at an advanced stage but needs the help of someone who knows more about ontarian 80s politics.

The same could be said for the other 3.

19th century electoral data is sometimes easy to find but awkward to collect. Canadian federal data is easily available, so too BC since 1891, NS since 1867 and Ab and Sk since 1905.

Also, I always wanted to do an 19th century Canadian or British scenario, however finding any information on some elections is very difficult to find.

I really like the idea of a Regency Era/Early 19th Century British scenario, but as you said, it's difficult finding information and candidates and some of the ridings elected two MPs and other strange things...

I really like the idea of a Regency Era/Early 19th Century British scenario, but as you said, it's difficult finding information and candidates and some of the ridings elected two MPs and other strange things...

If you fancy doing one yourself Smiddy, how about United Kingdon 1852?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ZwMsAAAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:Dod%27s+intitle:Parliamentary+intitle:Companion&lr=&num=100&as_brr=3#v=onepage&q=&f=false