270soft Forum

Great Britain 1910

graemp

Agreed. Shouldn't the Liberals be gold or yellow, with the Conservative/Liberal Unionists in a deeper shade of blue?

In 1910, the use of party colours was minimal. No party had an official party colour at a national level. Party colours were often adopted at a local level but they were different from place to place. So that in Lancashire for instance the Liberal colour was red except in Liverpool where it was blue.

Unionist

I have given them blue as this was the colour used more than any other. I have chosen a lighter shade of blue as I find the darker shade of blue difficult to see against the background colours of the game.

Labour

I have given them red as this was soon to become the adopted colour of the party at a national level and the most popular colour for the party locally in 1910.

Liberal

Red was the more popular colour used by them in 1910 but is already taken. The Liberal party took a long time to settle on a party colour and when it eventually did, it settled on green, and even then, at a local level, other traditional colours continued to be used.

On the subject of the 'regional names', I wanted to have a map that showed counties but I also wanted to avoid the cluttering that occurs, particularly when you have the +/- facility turned on.

Regarding 1892, if you still wanted to do this one Gaffers, at least you will have some sort of a template as the ridings will be the same.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scenario is delayed. I had forgotton about my 30th November launch, thinking I was working towards a 3rd Dec deadline. Should be available in a couple of days.

Having doubts about the end product and got sidetracked onto Ireland and London scenarios.

Hopefully will be out by the weekend.

Scenario now completed and emailed to request list.

If you have not received it, let me know.

th_20118_New_Bitmap_Image_122_240lo.JPG

Thanks for sending this, but I can't open the scenario. As soon as I try to go into Player selection, it gives me an error: "Cannot Open File graphics/scenario-specific/united-kingdom/select-player.bmp"

Is this an error with the scenario or on my end? :huh:

Thanks for sending this, but I can't open the scenario. As soon as I try to go into Player selection, it gives me an error: "Cannot Open File graphics/scenario-specific/united-kingdom/select-player.bmp"

Is this an error with the scenario or on my end? :huh:

And I get a similar error right at startup, only it's "select-scenario.bmp" which I can click-through, but that triggers the above error...

Go to the Graphics folder. copy and paste inside the same folder, rename the "united-kingdom-2005" to united-kingdom, but keep the original united-kingdom-2005.

I'll have a check to see how the game goes on the Canadian version. I had it with a couple of other scenarios, that won't work on one PMFE version but do on the other.

It's telling me that "Liberal," isn't a valid integer value.

Once the scenario graphics file has been set correctly, I don't think there should be any problems running on UK/BC/Canada versions (don't know about others.)

Great scenario. Here was my result playing as the Unionists, and I even had 200,000 left when the campaign ended. :D

Untitled-7.jpg

Hmm. This is my second plathrough using all my money. Based on this the scenario seems a bit easy. I think it may have something to do with the number of undecideds.

111.jpg

Fun overall scenario though! Good work.

Hmm. This is my second plathrough using all my money. Based on this the scenario seems a bit easy. I think it may have something to do with the number of undecideds.

111.jpg

I think you are right.

I originally had undecideds set at 10 in the majority of regions so I increased it. I may have increased it too far. Suggest drop all regions except Irish to 30 Undecideds.

Why not try it using the alternate ridings using the 1906 vote data?

I look forward to playing this, but I can't get it to work yet - it puts up a perplexing error that isn't solved with the graphics trick.

what error is that?

Great scenario. Here was my result playing as the Unionists, and I even had 200,000 left when the campaign ended. :D

Untitled-7.jpg

111.jpg

What issues did you campaign on?

It stops working at the loading screen after you've gone through parties and leaders but before the map. It spews out a list of memory reference errors that I can't remember. I'm trying to fix it myself.

I have checked all at my end and it works fine.

It was designed on UK version which means it should work on UK, BC and Canada versions. I don't know about other versions.

If you have played one of my scenarios before then it should be possible to play this one.

I assume you are still getting Liberal integer error

If so I don't know

Have you been able to play one of my scenarios before?

If so, which one/ones?

Has anyone been able to get it to work on Canada version?

There may be some difference between the UK and Canada versions, or the way that they are set up on a PC that produces this error.

I have never experienced this error playing scenarios on UK that were designed on Canada.

Clearly what you are getting is your version reading 'Liberal' on a line which is not supposed to feature a party name. This error is common in ridings files when a data error has been made. However, in this instance, the ridings file is unlikely to be the problem.

I can suggest a variety of actions you could take.

Disable all non-essential files to see if this gets rid of the error.

Non essential files include

Events

Endorsers

Party Relations

Preference Weights

Media Linked Regions (this file won't be the problem as it does not contain the word Liberal)

Ad Types (this file won't be the problem as it does not contain the word Liberal)

If this does not work, then I suggest you try and identify which essential file that contains the word 'Liberal' is causing your problem. The way to do this is to, in turn, go through each essential file and replace the word Liberal with a random word to see if this changes the error message. Once you have discovered which file is causing the problem then you will have to carefully view the file to see if you can spot the problem.

I am guessing that there is some add-on facility to the UK game that does not exist in your Canada version. If I am right, I would like to know what it is.

Archived