270soft Forum

problems with the ads

On campaigns forever, I was editing a scenario, I accidently deleted an ad. I accidently deleted the newspaper ad. I created a new "newspaper ad". Now I cannot do any steps further than the "create parties step". When I read the errors it says

Parties >> Republican >> Advertising >> ad >> Reference not found: ad newspaper

Partis >> Democratic >> Advertising >> ad >> Reference not found: ad newspaper

can someone please help. I want to change the endorsers events and activities.

Erm, best I can think of is look under the section about "ad credits". It probably still wishes there could be the old Newspaper Ad, because making a new one with the same name doesn't really count as having the same thing. Not sure if that will work, but it might...

How do I get the old one back. I don't know how to fix it.

Honestly, and I know this is unfortunate, unless you can find some sort of "undo" button or some sort of saved history, I don't think there's a way. You might be in the very regrettable position of having to do a fair amount of work over again. It happens to the best of us.

But again, if you're looking for a way to get the old one back, look around pretty hard for some sort of undo option. There might very well be one.