270soft Forum

Need Maps

Hey all,

I need some maps of the US with a twist- focusing on the following states/regions.

Cartazed map: Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico

Thanks, you can just post them here.

• Upvote 1

send.png

Virginia and Florida have non-contiguous blue space that should be added in the region_variables file.

Can you make a variation of that that switches West Virginia for Missouri?

And could you give us the rest of the US without that group?

It'll help in me crafting some Turtledove-inspired scenarios.

Thanks!

Can you make a variation of that that switches West Virginia for Missouri?

And could you give us the rest of the US without that group?

It'll help in me crafting some Turtledove-inspired scenarios.

Thanks!

Yes!

Due to the extreme points of the USA still being the same in the second map, it will be on a similar scale to a standard US map.

send1.png

"Confederacy Plus"

The trick part I've had here is adding the two Mexican provinces and Cuba that the CSA picked up at some point (and then they lost pieces and what not over the course of the Turtledove series).

But this is a great map to start off with (as is the one below it). Thanks!

"Confederacy Plus"

It would be more realistic to have Confederate Arizona than modern New Mexico. And if the war had ended with Lincoln losing the election of 1864, Alaska most likely wouldn't be part of the US.

NOTE: I haven't read any Turtledove, but I've been pondering doing a scenario based on the confederacy of Robert Skimin's Gray Victory.

It would be more realistic to have Confederate Arizona than modern New Mexico. And if the war had ended with Lincoln losing the election of 1864, Alaska most likely wouldn't be part of the US.

NOTE: I haven't read any Turtledove, but I've been pondering doing a scenario based on the confederacy of Robert Skimin's Gray Victory.

Don't, he's uncreative and a bad writer. All he does is take history of other places and put them in other places, in the case of the post civil war North America, it's almost verbatim based off Europe.

He does have a couple of good books, the Man with the Iron Heart and How Few Remain are relatively good reads and more creative then his others.

• 6 months later...

usaconv.png

It's easy to arrange the non-contiguous states around if you want to, say, move Alaska and Hawaii up and to the right.

I was wondering if someone could adjust this map so it included Missouri and Kentucky and excluded Alaska, Hawaii, and DC? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!