270soft Forum

i have been seeing Lindsay Grahams name a lot lately. what about him?

I've been hoping that someone would bring his name up. Lindsey Graham seems like the type of fellow who might have a successful run at the GOP primary - he's VERY articulate, seems to have a VERY firm grasp of the issues, all w/ a VERY southern accent (and a very strong military background, to boot). I know several may disagree, but there's something about him that makes it hard for me to see how he could NOT be a potentially successful candidate for the GOP nomination. But 2016? I'm not sure, but doesn't 2012 seem more likely at this point? I mean, he's not getting any younger, and he's kind of at the forefront of Republican opposition to Obama right now. Either way, he'd be a strong contender in the GOP primary, w/ 2012 probably being a more favorable year for him.

I personaly don't think John Edwards will run again. I would like to suggest a different candidate from NC. In 2016 she will (hopefuly) just be finishing up her 8 years as NC Governor. Bev Perdue seems like she may have a shot at the WH if her time as governor goes well.

I personaly don't think John Edwards will run again. I would like to suggest a different candidate from NC. In 2016 she will (hopefuly) just be finishing up her 8 years as NC Governor. Bev Perdue seems like she may have a shot at the WH if her time as governor goes well.

I do have a softspot for JE; which is one of the main reasons he is there. I think he was Obama before Obama was Obama; and just didn't get a break. However, obviously, his infidelities are up to him; especially when his wife is terminal. However, 8 years is a very long time, and if he is penant, there is still a possibility of him returning to the scene.

As to Perdue; no; didn't even consider her. Old; and without a significant faction of the Democratic Party behind her.

I do like Brad Henry though; perhaps appointed to the Senate to replace Jim Inhofe, (electoral dates are 2014 so he'd still have time in the wilderness) who seems the likliest of OK Senators to pack it in. That does, however, depend on the Gov of OK being a Dem; which is possible...

The GOP has a better chance at winning the governor's race in 2010 than the Dems. Inhofe is planning on running in 2014 (he'll be old as the hills, but he says he's going to...). Henry may run for Senate in 2010 in Tom Coburn does not run for re-election; that's more likely than Henry getting appointed or beating Inhofe.

The GOP has a better chance at winning the governor's race in 2010 than the Dems. Inhofe is planning on running in 2014 (he'll be old as the hills, but he says he's going to...). Henry may run for Senate in 2010 in Tom Coburn does not run for re-election; that's more likely than Henry getting appointed or beating Inhofe.

As your "From" indicates; your the boss in this regard.

I just want this scenario to be a bit 'deeper', a bit more thought out and realistic; and the back story of each candidate is part and parcel of that.

New idea. What about Senator Kay Hagan from NC, she was an accomplished state senator who won a seat that was classified as safe republican to become a US Senator.

You caould also consider, Attorney General Roy Cooper of NC. He was cast into mainstream media during the Duke Lacrosse rape case, and it is widely speculatd that he is looking to move up the political ladder, maybe a tough on crime attorney general is what American voters are looking for. He of course would start as a lower teri candidate being as he has never been in the senate or a governors mansion, but he would nevertheless be a great choice.