270soft Forum

Beta Scenarios For Review

SaskGuy

I have several scenarios that are ready to review and be critiqued.

Saskatchewan - 1944

Saskatchewan - 1982

Weyburn - Big Muddy - 2006

These 3 have been sent to a few people who requested 1944, so check your inboxes. Also up for grabs:

Manitoba - 2003

Ontario - 2003

These are my versions of scenarios already posted, with new graphics and parties.

I'm not sure that the significance of Manitoba 2003 warrants much attention, but like Saskguy, I played around with the original scenario as I was dissatisfied with some aspects.

In my version I have;

1) a new map which breaks Winnipeg up

2) accurate party campaign funds

3) re-defined candidate bonuses which reflected where parties targeted

I never got around to completing the ridings file re-do because I got distracted into more interesting Manitoba scenarios.

As for Ontario 2003 (and 1999), that one didn't quite work for me either. Someoene else did a 2007 which was perhaps a bit better. Ontario seems to have a lot of scenario potential but I think it needs one good template to emerge first.

Your Ontario map is really good! :D

However, I would change the name of some regions and maybe divide the Hamilton and Niagara regions and maybe divide Northern Ontario between Northwestern and Northeastern Ontario.

Also change, Ottawa-Nepean to Ottawa-Carleton and change Hamilton-Niagara Falls to Hamilton-Niagara.

Maybe add 905 to Central Ontario.

For the flags:

Toronto--Toronto flag (okay)

Mississauga--Mississauga flag

Hamilton-Niagara--Hamilton city flag

Mid-Western Ontario--Kitchener flag

Southern Ontario--London flag

Central Ontario--York Region flag

Eastern Ontario--Kingston flag

Ottawa-Nepean--Ottawa flag

Northern Ontario--Maybe Sudbury (Northeastern) or Thunder Bay flag (Northwestern)

2050 is only in planning stages. There are a few new regions and different parties are more powerful.

The untitled country pretty much has a map - no region names, candidate names, or opening percentages.

So they need some work.

As per the Saskatchewan provincial election in 2003 and 2007 where are the main bases of strengths for each party?

Is it basically?

NDP: Regina, Saskatoon and the north

Sask Party: Rural areas and some suburbs

Not sure however about Liberals

That's essentially it. Liberals...maybe Saskatoon...but not really.

2050 has 400+ ridings, with the Liberals and BQ in serious recession. Or something like that. It's been a while.

Your Ontario map is really good! :D

However, I would change the name of some regions and maybe divide the Hamilton and Niagara regions and maybe divide Northern Ontario between Northwestern and Northeastern Ontario.

I'll see about re-dividing the regions. I made it when I was less aware of the 'regions' of Ontario, and simply focused on making even amounts of ridings per area.

I have several scenarios that are ready to review and be critiqued.

Saskatchewan - 1944

Saskatchewan - 1982

Weyburn - Big Muddy - 2006

These 3 have been sent to a few people who requested 1944, so check your inboxes. Also up for grabs:

Manitoba - 2003

Ontario - 2003

These are my versions of scenarios already posted, with new graphics and parties.

Please send them to scoyleri@yahoo.com.

It was good to see a Canadian by-election, but playing as the NDP, it was way too easy, and this was on hard. I ended up with 49 seats and the Saskatchewan party with 2 seats. Good map though. There was nothing wrong with the finances, just the ads were too plenty and cheap!

However, i really enjoyed the Ontario 2003 Update. A really good map, and although i failed to pass the goal for the PC's, i was getting something out of it. Plenty of money left though, by the end of the campaign

It was good to see a Canadian by-election, but playing as the NDP, it was way too easy, and this was on hard. I ended up with 49 seats and the Saskatchewan party with 2 seats. Good map though. There was nothing wrong with the finances, just the ads were too plenty and cheap!

By-elections are tricky. The game engine is not really designed for it. The ads have always given me trouble.

However, i really enjoyed the Ontario 2003 Update. A really good map, and although i failed to pass the goal for the PC's, i was getting something out of it. Plenty of money left though, by the end of the campaign

I haven't touched Ontario in such a long time...I'll have to go through it and adjust as needed.

Just tried Saskatchewan 1944 and thought it was good. The events largely seemed to move the electorate towards the left (not necessarily a complaint, as I don't really know the history, just an observation).

A couple small points about the party goals: the CCF's goal is 45% of the vote and 47 seats. I played as Douglas and won 51% of the vote and 41 seats. Maybe I made some strategic errors in where I concentrated my resources, but is it possible that 47 seats is not a realistic goal?

Also, one of the smaller parties (Labour Progressive, I think) has its goal as 1% and 0 seats, but the party leader's description says that his goal is to win a seat.

A couple small points about the party goals: the CCF's goal is 45% of the vote and 47 seats. I played as Douglas and won 51% of the vote and 41 seats. Maybe I made some strategic errors in where I concentrated my resources, but is it possible that 47 seats is not a realistic goal?

Also, one of the smaller parties (Labour Progressive, I think) has its goal as 1% and 0 seats, but the party leader's description says that his goal is to win a seat.

In my view, the CCF goal should be 53% and 47 seats as this is what they actually achieved. I look forward to playing this scenario when it is finished.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived