270soft Forum

Saskatchewan 1944

I'm not promising I'll do this right away; if anyone wants to before that, go ahead. I just thought it might make a neat scenario.

There would be five parties:

-Co-Operative Commonwealth Federation (Tommy Douglas' party)

-Liberal (incumbants)

-Progressive Conservative

-Labour Progressive (the 'true' Communists)

-Social Credit

Maybe also a player for the five pure independents that ran.

It could use the Saskatchewan 2003/2007 map, just with reassigned ridings, as appropriate.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or interest, please post.

If you are looking for a help, I would be happy to send you stuff and offer help.

As for Saskguy's version, I have never heard or seen it and since Saskguy has not been active for some time, I assume that the scenario is not going to suddenly appear.

As for Saskguy's version, I have never heard or seen it and since Saskguy has not been active for some time, I assume that the scenario is not going to suddenly appear.

Saskguy may not have posted recently but he is still around and checking the board. If he says he has a scenario 95% done, then I would say he has it 95% done because he has done alot of good work in the past.

• Upvote 1

Display Name suggests merging the Labour Progressive Party, the Social Credit Party, and the pure Independents, who collectively had 10 candidates, into one 'Others' player so that a simple 4-player setup can be maintained (it's obvious from the screenies SaskGuy had each of the three as a seperate player, which I orginally planned). If I do this, I'd likely give that player Centre on every issue to compromise the Left of the Labour Progressive and the Right of the Social Credit, along with the varying views of each Independent. I agree with Display Name that it would clear up and simplifiy the scenario a bit, but I do worry it wouldn't accurately represent those factors. A matter of playability vs. realism; the classic strategy game dilemna. Any suggestions?

Saskguy may not have posted recently but he is still around and checking the board. If he says he has a scenario 95% done, then I would say he has it 95% done because he has done alot of good work in the past.

Saskguy may still be around and checking the board but clearly has not checked this topic. After more than 2 years of waiting, I'd say this one will not appear.

However, the good news is that it looks like he sent it to matty1019@aol.com who is still active. I would suggest that you contact matty1019 direct to see if he has it on his PC. if he doesn't then you could email the others who asked for it.

If you can't track it down then at least you can use the map in the screeen shot which is unique and I assume accurate.

Display Name suggests merging the Labour Progressive Party, the Social Credit Party, and the pure Independents, who collectively had 10 candidates, into one 'Others' player so that a simple 4-player setup can be maintained (it's obvious from the screenies SaskGuy had each of the three as a seperate player, which I orginally planned). If I do this, I'd likely give that player Centre on every issue to compromise the Left of the Labour Progressive and the Right of the Social Credit, along with the varying views of each Independent. I agree with Display Name that it would clear up and simplifiy the scenario a bit, but I do worry it wouldn't accurately represent those factors. A matter of playability vs. realism; the classic strategy game dilemna. Any suggestions?

To avoid compromising the issue position of the 'Other' player, don't have an'Other' leader - instead have a LP leader, SC leader etc with different positions, all as leader options for the 'Other' player.

However, if my starting point was working on an unfinished Sask44 '6 player game' then I wouldn't bother to change it. The 4 player or 4+ player arguement is less important in this scenario as the candidates/parties outside the main 3 are weak.

The ''Progressive Conservative'' and ''Labour Progressive'' logos looks good on Saskguy's scenario. I think this will be a good idea to keep them.

Unfortunately it looks as though Saskguy was unable to find their leader pictures.

Saskguy may still be around and checking the board but clearly has not checked this topic. After more than 2 years of waiting, I'd say this one will not appear.

However, the good news is that it looks like he sent it to matty1019@aol.com who is still active. I would suggest that you contact matty1019 direct to see if he has it on his PC. if he doesn't then you could email the others who asked for it.

Instead of contacting others to see if they have this scenario, it may make more sense to just send Saskguy a personal message and ask him. Like I said earlier in the thread, his member profile shows that he still logs on here, in fact he was on the board just a few hours ago.

• Upvote 1

Most of the reason I don't get back to anyone is that my life is so insanely busy I have almost no free time. Sorry 'bout that.

I thought I had lost my scenarios when my computer crashed, but I found a CD with them in various levels of completion. 1944 is still beta, but almost done.

If people would like to try it out, leave your e-mail and I will send it to you and get some feedback. Then it can be released.

I'll see what else is on the CD and see about releasing betas of other scenarios. Finally get them out of the way.

• Upvote 1
Most of the reason I don't get back to anyone is that my life is so insanely busy I have almost no free time. Sorry 'bout that.

I thought I had lost my scenarios when my computer crashed, but I found a CD with them in various levels of completion. 1944 is still beta, but almost done.

If people would like to try it out, leave your e-mail and I will send it to you and get some feedback. Then it can be released.

I'll see what else is on the CD and see about releasing betas of other scenarios. Finally get them out of the way.

Hi Saskguy,

My e-mail is: matvail2002@gmail.com

I will be interested to look (and try completing if possible) any uncompleted scenarios that you may have. BTW, is the Sask provincial election of 1982 (the PC landslide) was ever done?

Also, have you begun a scenario called ''County'' and ''Canada 2050'' or something like that?

• Upvote 1

I just tried a game of this as the CCF, and it was unexpected. I was leading till midway into the campaign, then Patterson, for lack of a better term, 'took off.' He got the Big Mo' twice, had almost 200 footsoldiers, and region by region, went from well behind me to suddenly sweeping in a significant majority gov't come election night. Money was no issue for me (you may have been a bit too generous with starting funds for the Grits and CCF), and I constantly had province-wide ads going, but it did me little good in the end. Did anyone else find such a reversal?

I just tried a game of this as the CCF, and it was unexpected. I was leading till midway into the campaign, then Patterson, for lack of a better term, 'took off.' He got the Big Mo' twice, had almost 200 footsoldiers, and region by region, went from well behind me to suddenly sweeping in a significant majority gov't come election night. Money was no issue for me (you may have been a bit too generous with starting funds for the Grits and CCF), and I constantly had province-wide ads going, but it did me little good in the end. Did anyone else find such a reversal?

Saskguy did warn that the scenario was not finished and would not play right, which is why I have decided to wait until you do the necessary.

It is my assumption that if you play PM4E with the regionalism turned off, then you are giving an advantage to the centre party, regardless of what the regional centres say.

• 3 years later...