270soft Forum

1796 Scenario (modernized)

This will be modernized, in that there will be primaries and a VP candidate.

Candidates

Federalist

John Adams

Thomas Pinckney

Oliver Ellsworth

John Jay

James Iredell

George Washington (off by default, only in here because 2 electors cast their vote for him)

Democratic-Republican

Thomas Jefferson

Aaron Burr

Samuel Adams

George Clinton

John Henry

Does anyone know how to make a party strong only in the general? I want it so that George Washington is nearly unbeatable in the General, but if he is not nominated it goes back to the Tie-Ness.

For Federalists, it will be relatively strong for John Adams, but George Washington will sweep if he is in.

Democratic-Republicans will be Jefferson vs. Burr tie.

Need help with Issues, Endorsers, Interviewers and Debates.

Thanks, I have a map but I need populations currently.

Since I don't know registered voter amounts, and my efforts to find a good pop-to-registered amount (i.e. POP x .52= REGISTERED) have failed, so I am just putting 17500 voters in each state (with populations according to the 1790 census- for the states whose records were burned I'll just put a random number in.)

Thanks, I have a map but I need populations currently.

Since I don't know registered voter amounts, and my efforts to find a good pop-to-registered amount (i.e. POP x .52= REGISTERED) have failed, so I am just putting 17500 voters in each state (with populations according to the 1790 census- for the states whose records were burned I'll just put a random number in.)

Of the 2.5 million citzens of the USA about 68,000 voted. Set it to about 5%-10%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...