270soft Forum

Help with a problem

I'm working on a realistic 2008 scenario, borrowing ideas from the 2008 Wonk and from McCain2008's fine work and adding some tweaks of my own. However, I'm having a slight problem with Ron Paul, Dennis Kucinich, and a couple of the smaller parties. Whenever Paul drops out, a noticeable number of voters suddenly defect to one of the Libertarian candidates, enough to make the lucky candidate an overwhelming favorite for the nomination, and the LP jumps about 0.2% in the national polls. When Kucinich drops out, the same thing happens with the Green party. It doesn't happen if Paul/Kucinich stay in the race all the way to their convention. I've tried everything I can think of to eliminate this effect. I deleted the candidates and created new versions. I deleted the smaller parties and recreated them. Nothing helps. I've gone through all the XML files and I can't find anything that would cause this. HELP!