270soft Forum

All The King's Men - Louisiana Gubernatorial, 1928

The 1928 gubernatorial election in Louisiana was one of the most exciting in the history of the Pelican State, and indeed, the nation. Upstart populist Huey Pierce Long, Jr. challenged the establishment--and won. Here it is for President Forever + Primaries.

allthekingsmen.jpg

Download it here!

Any constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. I will be e-mailing it to Theoryspark, so if you have any trouble downloading it from Mega Upload, just be patient.

An epic election!

Basically, Long won because he had the support of the Cajuns in the south who represented 30-40% of Louisiana's population at the time. The most incredible thing is that Long won with some of southern catholic vote and some of the northern protestant vote, a thing unknown at that time in Louisiana.

An epic election!

Basically, Long won because he had the support of the Cajuns in the south who represented 30-40% of Louisiana's population at the time. The most incredible thing is that Long won with some of southern catholic vote and some of the northern protestant vote, a thing unknown at that time in Louisiana.

Yes, America has never seen a greater politician than the Kingfish. He brilliantly delivered the north for Catholic Senators Broussard and Ransdell, this winning the support of French Catholics.

The interesting thing is that the Old Regulars thought they had the election won after Orleans came in. They never thought he could make up the difference.

It is far too easy to win with Long. After I got the endorsements of the two senators which took about five turns I literally had 100 momentum and I just spacebarred through rest. Other than that it is a great scenario.

Yeah, I've noticed the "momentum" glitch. I'll be updating it shortly with what I hope is a fix, as well as other improvements with money and crusaders.

Well, I'm about ready to release version two, but I've hit a wall.

If Huey comes in first, with Riley J. in second, Oramel's delegates need to break hard for Huey. While Riley J. and Oramel may have been closer on the issues, in real life, the two men's supporters hated each other. Paul Maloney, leader of Simpson's New Orleans machine, immediately led it be known that he would support Huey in a second primary. In the game, though, despite the fact that Huey and Oramel had "Very Good" relations and Riley J. and Oramel has "Very Poor" relations.

Any fixes you can think of?

Well, I'm about ready to release version two, but I've hit a wall.

If Huey comes in first, with Riley J. in second, Oramel's delegates need to break hard for Huey. While Riley J. and Oramel may have been closer on the issues, in real life, the two men's supporters hated each other. Paul Maloney, leader of Simpson's New Orleans machine, immediately led it be known that he would support Huey in a second primary. In the game, though, despite the fact that Huey and Oramel had "Very Good" relations and Riley J. and Oramel has "Very Poor" relations.

Any fixes you can think of?

You could adjust PIPs