270soft Forum

civil rights

SSVegeta123243

i remember i said the constitution doesn't say anything about the civil rights and somebody (i think matt) said civil rights were directly stated in the 12th 13th and 14th amendment. i decided to check out those amendments and i found that they were all passed in the late 1800's . yet segregation and other racist practices continues until the 1960's, i'm not going to share my opinion on this because i wanna see what u people say first

See the later Poll Tax Amendment. I'll agree that not all Civil Rights issues were discussed directly in the Constitution, but there are specific details in the Constitution dealing with that.

There can be no tax raised at a poll site in order to vote, there can be no discrimination based on race, creed, nationality, gender, religion and your rights as a citizen can not be abridged based on any of those criterion. That's directly pertaining to Civil Rights...it may not be 100% perfect, there may be loopholes, but loopholes will be found in any law, which is why Amendments and new Laws are made...