270soft Forum

A New America Series

Since I have completed my first scenario for my "New America" series, I have decided to create yet another thread where we can put the information for my upcoming scenarios in this series. First things first. I ran the 2009 New York City Mayoral Election scenario. I played as Conservative candidate, City Councilman Simcha Zuckerman. I played with all of the candidates on, and Gruss, Cyr, and de Blasio won their nominations. In the end, Republican nominee Lou Cyr defeated Democrat Charlotte Gruss. Here are the complete results:

• Mr. Lou Cyr (Republican) 1,717,735 (42.4%)
  • State Senator Charlotte Gruss (Democrat) 1,246,239 (30.8%)
  • Former Congressman Basil Sears (Green) 735,972 (18.2%)
  • Councilman Brent de Blasio (Libertarian) 328,842 (8.1%)
  • Councilman Simcha Zuckerman (Conservative) 19,586 (0.5%)

Candidates for the 2010 New York Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Councilman Simcha Zuckerman

Union President Jimmy Blasser

State Senator Charlotte Gruss

Councilman Adolfo Viverito

Republican

New York City Mayor Lou Cyr

Libertarian

Councilman Brent de Blasio

Green

Constitution

Independent

Manhattan District Attorney Flora Abercrombie

Candidates for the 2010 New York Senatorial Election

Note: Democratic Senator Nathan Tanner is retiring.

Democrat

Congressman Caleb Burden

Congresswoman Letitia Yale-Oaks

Congresswoman Ruth Sharp

Republican

State Senator Cicily Bamford

Councilman Millicent Dasrath

Libertarian

Mr. Scott Gioia

Green

Congressional Candidate Nyssa Findlay

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Missouri Senatorial Election

Democrat

Senator Michele Vogt

Republican

Lieutenant Governor Nia-Malika VandeHei

Libertarian

Party Chairman Stoddart Pulkownik

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Ohio Senatorial Election

Democrat

Cleveland Mayor Ric Fox-Mellway

General Tim Pontarelli Compart

Republican

Senator Adrian Garland

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 California Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Congresswoman Yvonne Colley-Urquhart

Republican

Governor Lorenz Holte

Secretary of State Jacquelyn Grim

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Connecticut Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Governor Clint Harte

Attorney General Sydelle Isentadt

Republican

Bridgeport Mayor Michael Rendino

State Senator Perri Sprick

Libertarian

Mr. Daniel Siegel

Green

Constitution

Independent

Please continue to suggest candidates. I would like to have at least one candidate per party for each race. As candidates are submitted, I will update this list.

Since I have completed my first scenario for my "New America" series, I have decided to create yet another thread where we can put the information for my upcoming scenarios in this series. First things first. I ran the 2009 New York City Mayoral Election scenario. I played as Conservative candidate, City Councilman Simcha Zuckerman. I played with all of the candidates on, and Gruss, Cyr, and de Blasio won their nominations. In the end, Republican nominee Lou Cyr defeated Democrat Charlotte Gruss. Here are the complete results:

• Mr. Lou Cyr (Republican) 1,717,735 (42.4%)
  • State Senator Charlotte Gruss (Democrat) 1,246,239 (30.8%)
  • Former Congressman Basil Sears (Green) 735,972 (18.2%)
  • Councilman Brent de Blasio (Libertarian) 328,842 (8.1%)
  • Councilman Simcha Zuckerman (Conservative) 19,586 (0.5%)

Candidates for the 2010 New York Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Councilman Simcha Zuckerman

Union President Jimmy Blasser

State Senator Charlotte Gruss

Councilman Adolfo Viverito

Republican

New York City Mayor Lou Cyr

Libertarian

Councilman Brent de Blasio

Green

Constitution

Independent

Manhattan District Attorney Flora Abercrombie

Candidates for the 2010 New York Senatorial Election

Note: Democratic Senator Nathan Tanner is retiring.

Democrat

Congressman Caleb Burden

Congresswoman Letitia Yale-Oaks

Congresswoman Ruth Sharp

Republican

State Senator Cicily Bamford

Councilman Millicent Dasrath

Libertarian

Mr. Scott Gioia

Green

Congressional Candidate Nyssa Findlay

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Missouri Senatorial Election

Democrat

Senator Michele Vogt

Republican

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Ohio Senatorial Election

Democrat

Republican

Senator Adrian Garland

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 California Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Republican

Governor Lorenz Holte

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Candidates for the 2010 Connecticut Gubernatorial Election

Democrat

Governor Clint Harte

Republican

Libertarian

Green

Constitution

Independent

Please continue to suggest candidates. I would like to have at least one candidate per party for each race. As candidates are submitted, I will update this list.

Seems you ignored who we thought should win :P

2010 Conn. Race

Name: Michael Rendino

Party: Republican

Position: Mayor of Bridgeport

Bio:

Mayor Rendino has a 63% approval rating. Rendino made a failed attempt for US Congress in 2006. This catupulted him to victory in the Birdgeport mayoral race in 2007. Running on a platform of hope and change Rendino recieved 59% of the vote. Rendino has effectively stopped the liberl council's wishes, being applauded by many state republicans. This rising star now seeks the office of Governor. Will he do it?

2010 Ohio Senatorial Race

Name: John Marigold

Office: Congressman

Bio:

In his second term representing the 11th Congressional District of Ohio, John Marigold was able to make himself electable in a congressional district that normally goes Democratic. After replacing his predecessor Ted Buchanan upon his appointment to the President's cabinet, Marigold was among the many people responsible for revitalizing inner city Cleveland as well as working closely with his constituents to help dramatically reduce crime in the city. Well respected among many on both sides of the aisle and proven that he could be elected in a district that favors the Dems, can he propel himself as the Buckeye State's next US Senator?

Ohio Senatorial

Mayor Wallace Cormier

Party: Democratic

Following a disappointing loss in his first school board race, Wallace Cormier was ready to throw in the towel. But after a group of friends persuaded him to try his hand at politics one last time, Cormier was elected Mayor of the struggling Rust Belt city of Hartsburg, Ohio. As Mayor, Cormier has been extremely successful at rejuvenating the city, and by focusing on bread-and-butter economic issues, he has been able to rally support even among the culturally conservative base. Now, with a firm base of support in the southern part of the state, can Cormier take his act statewide?

Name: Jessica Rasper

Political Office: US Congresswoman, District 4

Race: Connecticugt Gubernatorial

Bio:

When she walked into the Board of Education meeting one day on April 15, 1993 Jessica Rasper expected to see a serious meeting, in which the children of her city would be dicussed. Instead, she saw President of the Board, Frederic Rowland sipping a beer and talking with some other board members, Janie Heero smoking weed, and the rest of the members absent. No citizens attended. She recorded the event, and left in shock. When running against Frederic Rowland for his seat she promised to do something, on November 1, 1993 she released a television ad, the video. She went from 34% in the polls. to winning the election with 71% of the vote. Moving into the Mayor's office three year later, then State Senator 3 years after being elected mayor, and finally US Congress in 2004 she is seen as a rising star

Candidates for the 2010 Connecticut Gubernatorial Election:

Name: Christopher JoHansson

Office: Former Senator

Bio:

Christopher JoHansson served as the junior Senator from Connecticut from 1995-2007. Considered one of the most liberal Republicans in the Senate, JoHansson has left the Republican Party and become an Independent. Having disagreements with both parties, can he get elected Governor of Connecticut?

2010 Ohio senatorial

Name: James Gladstone

Party: Independant

Office: Mayor

Bio: In the early 1980 James Gladstone began his political career as a Republican and the head of the Reagan campaign in Cleveland. Over the next 8 years he rose steadily through the raanks of the state party and in 1986 became co-chairman of the Republican Party of Ohio. In 1988 though he broke with George H.W. Bush's policies. The state party, which towed Bush's policy line, soon began infuriating Gladstone and he resigned in 1989. In 1990 he ran for the Republican nomination for senate but the state party campaigned heavily against him and he lost by a large margian. In 1994 several of his friends convinced him to run for mayor of Cleveland as an indpendent. He did so but earned only 12% of the vote. He used this as a base to build off of though. When looking over the in deapth results of the election he noticed he had an especially strong showing in one sub-urban neighboorhood. He moved there in 1995 and won the Alderman seat from there in 1996. He served as an alderman for 4 years before in 200 he won a city council seat as the only indepedent to do so in Cleveland history. He served on the city council for 9 years under a democratic mayor. In January 2009 the Cleveland Mayor got hit with a major scandal and resigned. The two parties held a stalemate in city council and neither were able to replace him with their parties man. They finally made a compromise and appointed Gladstone mayor.

2010 California Gubernatorial

Name:Clark McClellan

Party:Republican

Office: US Senator

Bio: In 2002, Palo Alto attorney Clark McClellan did the unthinkable and unseated an incumbent Senator in his bid for US Senate. His accomplishments include the aiding of the lower and middle class families, especially in Southern California, as well as enacting tougher punishments for gang related crimes. Now in his second term in the Senate, McClellan has his sights set on becoming California's next Governor. Although he considered doing so in the 2003 recall election, he set those plans off to the side having just been elected to his first term in Washington. Can the popular US Senator make another upset against the incumbent in the primaries?