270soft Forum

My first scenario: United States 2012

hey, so I've decided to create a new scenario but I need some help with Republican candidates. My front runners are Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney with Jindal as a sleeper but I know there will be others in the running. Also I need endorsers, some events and like Mitt/Ruy's; I am thinking about putting Ventura as a strong third party candidate but I am not sure. Also other third parties would be nice.

This is a balanced scenario so don't worry about bias

Okay for the Endorsers I have the last two presidents, governors that I'm sure will be back or elected (I will update as time goes on), the newspapers and Bob Gates. Obama is the sole Democrat and for the GOP I have Romney, Palin, Huckabee, Jindal, Gingrich, Sanford, Crist, Pawlenty, Portman, Barbour, Thune, Giuliani and Johnson while I'm thinking about Pence and Cantor. I think I will take off the events due to the fact that basically it hasn't happened and I am still thinking of third parties. Obama might get a small incumbent bounce and I can't stop that but if you play on Republican primaries it is very well winnable. On the GE it is very well balanced.

Okay for the Endorsers I have the last two presidents, governors that I'm sure will be back or elected (I will update as time goes on), the newspapers and Bob Gates. Obama is the sole Democrat and for the GOP I have Romney, Palin, Huckabee, Jindal, Gingrich, Sanford, Crist, Pawlenty, Portman, Barbour, Thune, Giuliani and Johnson while I'm thinking about Pence and Cantor. I think I will take off the events due to the fact that basically it hasn't happened and I am still thinking of third parties. Obama might get a small incumbent bounce and I can't stop that but if you play on Republican primaries it is very well winnable. On the GE it is very well balanced.

If you want to make it interesting for the third parties maybe make a Right Wing coalition of sorts since there is dozens of nationally registered grassrouts conservative parties.

Give Obam a weak oponent or he'll end up winning the GE every time by huge margins.

yeah im thinking about adding kucinich or cindy sheehan as off candidates.

also matt gonzalez vs. jello briaffa on the greens

root vs. jingozian vs. ruwart for libertarians

nader the independent

and as i look more on ventura im more convinced i should add him