270soft Forum

Released: Virginia Gubernatorial - 2009

I have finished my Virginia Gubernatorial - 2009 scenario.

Candidates

Democratic:

Terry McAuliffe

Creigh Deeds

Brian Moran

Lewis Payne

Don Beyer

Braxton Powell

Rick Boucher (off)

Republican:

Bob McDonnell

Eric Cantor (off)

Bill Bolling (off)

George Allen (off)

Jim Gilmore (off)

You can download it here. If the link does not work give me your email and I'll send it. Thanks.

http://rapidshare.com/files/166711225/Virg...l_2009.zip.html

While its a good scenario, you must realize, but Virgina is an increasingly Democratic state and will soon be as Democratic as pennsylvania, which is a swing state, but a leaning democratic one, especially in local politics. Especially with Warner winning a previously Republican seat, held by a very senior Republican, by 64% and Obama taking the state for the first time since 1964. All demographic changes point to increasing Democratic power as well, with Northern Virgina accounting for a large proportion of growth.

While its a good scenario, you must realize, but Virgina is an increasingly Democratic state and will soon be as Democratic as pennsylvania, which is a swing state, but a leaning democratic one, especially in local politics. Especially with Warner winning a previously Republican seat, held by a very senior Republican, by 64% and Obama taking the state for the first time since 1964. All demographic changes point to increasing Democratic power as well, with Northern Virgina accounting for a large proportion of growth.

What's your point Kauai? The race starts out as a tie and I mention in Bob McDonnell's bio that Virgina becoming more Democratic.

What's your point Kauai? The race starts out as a tie and I mention in Bob McDonnell's bio that Virgina becoming more Democratic.

No. The reps are leading, whereas the Dems should have a 3-4 point lead, Tim Kaine is pretty popular, and his legacy with Mark Warner being the most popular governor of the state in history would have an effects.

EDIT; I can't click on the eleventh district.

EDIT;EDIT; After the primaries, the reps are leading by 30-40 points. Balance this, like you did with Warner in 2012, eh? ^_^

EDIT;EDIT;EDIT; Add Jim Webb as a turned off dem candidate?

No. The reps are leading, whereas the Dems should have a 3-4 point lead, Tim Kaine is pretty popular, and his legacy with Mark Warner being the most popular governor of the state in history would have an effects.

EDIT; I can't click on the eleventh district.

There leading by 2 points. A 2 point gap is considered a tie. Also, keep in mind the Va has always elected a governor not in the party of the President since 1976. Virginia is becoming more liberal, but keep in mind that Tim Kaine (who's pro-life, pro-second amendment) won the 2005 Governors race with 51% of the vote, and Republicans won the statewide Lt. Governor and attorney general elections. And by then President Bush had become very unpopular (Iraq war a mess, just after Katrina). In 2006, during a huge Democratic sweep, Jim Webb (pro-gun, former Republican) Democrat won the Va Senate race by 0.3%.

The race is Republican vs. Democratic tie. Republicans are ahead in southern Virginia, Democrats are solidly ahead in the northern Washington D.C. area. The game is very balanced. And you can go to district 11, it's just small.

Archived