270soft Forum

2012 US Scenario / Popular Obama

Well since all the Republicans are making biased 2012 scenarios, I'll make one of my own now that the election is over.

December 2008, - Franken, Begeich and Martin win their respective Senate seats giving the Democrats a 60 seat filibuster proof majority.

January 20th 2009, - President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are sworn in. President Obama delivers an inauguration speech that is on par with the likes of Kennedy and Lincoln.

January 25th 2009, - Congress passes a sweeping economic stimulus bill which also includes returning regulation levels to before Bush, Reagan and Carter. The President signs the bill into office.

March 18th 2009, - DOW hits 10,000 for first time since economic crash, economists skeptical but say U.S. is on path for ' recovery '.

March 26th 2009, - President Obama meets with world leaders across the world to restore Americas image abroad and to talk about important foreign policy issues. Obama walks away from the conference with polls showing respect for the U.S. once again rising.

April 12th 2009, - President Obama and the leaders of his major European allies, Russia and China meet with the Iranians for tough negotiations. In the end Iran agrees to stop nuclear enrichment for more aid and the ability to build UN supervised Nuclear power plants.

June 27th 2009, - The last American troops leave Iraq and President Obama declares the ' Iraq war is officially over '. Americans across the country celebrate.

July 5th 2009, - With less burden on the United States, it looks as if the War in Afghanistan is finally being won.

July 18th 2009, - Polls across the world finally show that people across the world whom respect America are once again the majority.

July 29th 2009, - Vice President Joe Biden begins a tour of Asia to strengthen relations in the region.

August 6th 2009, - DOW hits 11,500

August 15th 2009, - President Obama now has 67% approval ratings.

September 23rd 2009, - Economists now say U.S. is on full fledged recovery when the DOW hits 12,000

October 18th 2009, - Vice President Joe Biden finishes his nearly four month long tour of Asia, with polls showing a vast majority of Asians now respecting the U.S. and wanting to be friends with them. A number of friendship treaties are signed.

November 19th 2009, - NAFTA is renogotiated to be more fair for American workers and to have tougher environmental standards, a vast majority of Americans approve of NAFTAs renogotiated status and outsourcing goes down by 63%.

November 27th 2009, - Joe Liberman officially announces he will be staying with the Democrats considering the Iraq War is over.

December 3rd 2009, - The Republican Party now has approval ratings at 28% and is seen as a party whom can no longer play a national role with such a small base. Republican leaders start to worry.

December 6th 2009, - Republican Senators Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski & Olympia Snowe of Maine announce that the Republican Party has grown to socially Conservative and they will be moving to the Democrats. In their own words " The Republican Party is no longer a party that can play on the national field, but rather a collection of Southerners, a Southern Party, not an American Party. "

December 8th 2009, - The above news creates an avalanche and in all nearly 50 Liberal and Moderate Republicans in the House and ten Senators defect to the Democrats. The Democrats now have the largest majorities seen since Roosevelt.

December 25th 2009, - President Obama delivers an emotional and touching speech for Christmas which many declare will go down in history books in which he declares " A New Dawn for America "

December 31st 2009, - Polls show 87% of Americans believe President Obama has done more than any other President in his first year.

-- Not done yet --

In the second year do we figure out that Obama is the second coming of jesus

Ha. Ha... Very funny.

This is a scenario, and the Reps on here are also making biased scenarios. So why don't you go away if you don't like it? ;)

Ha. Ha... Very funny.

This is a scenario, and the Reps on here are also making biased scenarios. So why don't you go away if you don't like it? ;)

Nothing against your scenario but it seems to me that a 500+ev landslide will be unavoidable in your scenario so I want to know how you are to make your scenario competitive.

Nothing against your scenario but it seems to me that a 500+ev landslide will be unavoidable in your scenario so I want to know how you are to make your scenario competitive.

Well I plan to have some sort of national Republican Conference called by Republican leaders sometime after bad 2010 Congress results where the party seeks to ' reinvent itself '. Basically the party will be getting back to it's " Small government, Strong Foreign Policy, Balanced Budget, Lets make America Great " roots and will less focus on Social Issues so they can attract Moderates, not to say the Conservative wing [ Sarah Palin, Haley Barbour ] won't be represented. It will indeed be an uphill battle for the reps, though.

Well I plan to have some sort of national Republican Conference called by Republican leaders sometime after bad 2010 Congress results where the party seeks to ' reinvent itself '. Basically the party will be getting back to it's " Small government, Strong Foreign Policy, Balanced Budget, Lets make America Great " roots and will less focus on Social Issues so they can attract Moderates, not to say the Conservative wing [ Sarah Palin, Haley Barbour ] won't be represented. It will indeed be an uphill battle for the reps, though.

It's good to know it will be possible to win with them

I am a Independant Democrat and your scenario looks promising but let's be realistic as it is impossible that Obama have an approval rating this high.

November 19th 2009, - NAFTA is renogotiated to be more fair for American workers and to have tougher environmental standards, a vast majority of Americans approve of NAFTAs renogotiated status and outsourcing goes down by 63%.

I don't think he will win border states with that!

Basically, because they more dependant of the border than in the ''Heartland''.

I don't buy it. I have never heard of NAFTA being a border state issue, and I've lived in one all my life. Besides, there's no way that "tweaking" NAFTA is going to make people leave Obama in droves.

I don't buy it. I have never heard of NAFTA being a border state issue, and I've lived in one all my life. Besides, there's no way that "tweaking" NAFTA is going to make people leave Obama in droves.

Here in Michigan NAFTA is much less popular than the nation as a whole. I'd imagine any other manufacturing state would be the same way.