270soft Forum

Québec-Historical

A first beta version is done:

http://rapidshare.com/files/161060080/Queb...e_Best.rar.html

The next scenario will be something very fun to do, as I will be put all the best leaders and MP for each riding in Québec to put THE ultimate scenario!

So, these are the main candidates:

PARTI LIBÉRAL DU QUÉBEC:

Jean Lesage

Adélard Godbout

Robert Bourassa

Jean Charest

Honoré Mercier

Lomer Gouin

Louis-Alexandre Taschereau

PARTI QUÉBÉCOIS:

René Lévesque

Jacques Parizeau

Lucien Bouchard

UNION NATIONALE (PARTI CONSERVATEUR):

Maurice Duplessis

Daniel Johnson Sr.

Rodrigue Biron

Roch La Salle

SOCIAL CREDIT:

Réal Caouette

Camil Samson

Fabien Roy

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Some points:

-Bourassa has no candidate description on the leader selection page.

-A lot of the candidates (especially in the UN and the RC) seem to have money amounts more applicable to their own elections than to 2008; in fact, the Socreds have no money except for Samson (who has more money than the PQ and PLQ candidates combined).

-Where's the ADQ? Yes, I know that Dumont's about to get pasted in a couple of weeks, but considering that the ADQ has had a longer history and more seats than the Socreds ever had (eight years and twelve seats), there's a legitimate case.

-The National Assembly currently has 125 members instead of 110.

Hope it helps!

-Bourassa has no candidate description on the leader selection page.

I will change that!

-A lot of the candidates (especially in the UN and the RC) seem to have money amounts more applicable to their own elections than to 2008; in fact, the Socreds have no money except for Samson (who has more money than the PQ and PLQ candidates combined).

Ok, perfect. As you can see this is just a Beta Version so I will work on that.

-Where's the ADQ? Yes, I know that Dumont's about to get pasted in a couple of weeks, but considering that the ADQ has had a longer history and more seats than the Socreds ever had (eight years and twelve seats), there's a legitimate case.

Basically, the ADQ is the party of Mario Dumont so it difficult to find good candidates except for a few ridings. As per the Socreds (Créditistes), they had a long history in Québec both in provincial and federal politics as (maybe) the grandfather of the ADQ with the Union Nationale for conservative ''soft'' nationalism. Many great Québec leaders and politicians were Socreds, such as Réal Caouette, Camil Samson or Fabien Roy.

-The National Assembly currently has 125 members instead of 110.

This was intentional as I used the 1976 map to give to it an ''historical feel'' with ridings that are not here anymore which had a relative long history (many since 1867) with strong candidates historically.

• Upvote 1

Starting to play through the scenario, and a few more things have come up:

-Three words: Liberal-PQ coalition. It'll be a gamebreaker for anybody playing UN or the Créditistes.

To be more specific, I don't think there should be any reason the PQ, PLQ, or UN accepts a coalition offer from any of the other two major parties. Since the party political positions are too close to prevent that, you may want to tweak the parties' relations downward. Also, you might want to consider adding a couple more minor parties, even if it is stretching the "best of the best" idea a bit. UN and RC (plus the ADQ if it goes in) are natural partners on the right, and adding the NPDQ/PDS/UFP/QS lineage might line up with the Péquistes. I don't know if there's a party significant enough to go with the Liberals, though.

-I know it's a carryover from the original Simon Vallée scenarios, but it might be a good idea to replace the one-size-fits-all ad scheme with a TV/radio/newspaper setup like the official federal scenarios. Adding the option to run ads from the start wouldn't be bad, either.

-Endorsers: the current provincial and major-city media powers (La Presse, Le Devoir, etc.), some of the old famous publications (Montreal Star), current and former MPs, the FTQ, and others are what come to mind.

• 4 weeks later...