270soft Forum

1912 election

Since 80soft never implemented its "candidates can drop out of party primaries and run independently" feature, the only way I can see is by events. E.g. have the Progressive appear at start, but they're extremely weak, and then when the switch happens, the Progressives get strong.

Of course the main issue is that you can't simulate the Republican primaries, but yeah.

possible rough workaround- have them run in both primaries, but put the progressive one after the republican convention, and both are very very weak in it-like an event every weak minus 100 momentum. Then, if Taft gets the nomination, and event will fire giving the progressive version of the canidates enough momentum to beat ralph spacebar or whomever, wheras is Roosevelt or La Follete get the nom, their progressive part versions get giant momentum penalties, pushing the minor canidate into the nomination.

i don't know how feasible this is, but it's an idea.

I was thinking i could put all of the primaries the day of the convention

I started working on a 1912 scenario about a week ago.

Thought about moving the "primaries" or rather the state conventions back to the day of the national convention, but went ahead and searched around for dates of the conventions.

The scenario I created is nearly done, but I left Roosevelt out as a Republican candidate and chose to use him as only the progressive candidate.

If you still intend to create a scenario, I have all the primary dates, state convention dates, and delegate counts, if you need them.

• 2 years later...