270soft Forum

Fictionnal scenario ideas for Canada

matvail2002

Northern Ontario-2008

Due to a conflict about the mineral ressources, Northern Ontario secedes from Southern Ontario to form a billingual province with Sudbury as capital.

Will the New Democrats led by Howard Hampton will beat the Liberal Party lead by Diane Marleau?

National Capital Region-2008

In 2007, the federal gouvernment had decided to make a federal district with the cities of Ottawa and Gatineau. Will the Liberals led by Dalton McGuinty will beat the Conservatives led by Lawrence Cannon or the NDP led by Paul Dewar?

Cape-Breton-2008

United Maritime Union-2008

The Maritimes provinces had decided to unite themshelves together as a single province.

• Upvote 1

Here my idea for some...canadian alternative history scenarios.

1. Joe Clark don't lose the budget vote but go in election 1 to 2 years after (1980-1981), the leave the time to Liberal to change leader and Clark go against any Liberal except Trudeau. The results of Quebec Referendum of 1980 stay the same or with a "no" with a less majority than reality was.

2. A 1974 election but with a reverse situation about 1972 election (a Progressive-Conservative slim win).

3. Joe Clark stay the leader of PC in 1980's. (a follow about the first idea and he win again)

4. A 1993 election without Bloc and with a Reform Party like the Credit Social in 70's. In this situation whether the Meech Lake Accord or the Charlottetown Accord Referendum pass. Mulroney pass for a hero for the resolution of constitutionnal issues but had the same scandal problem like real past. The Bloc can exist but, like the Reform, they don't have the same impact like the real 1993 election.

5. (I am a Quebecers! :P ) A 1985 provincial election without return of Robert Bourassa like Liberal Leader and, maybe, René Levesque stay leader of PQ. You can add a sovrenist "pur et dur" party with the hardliner who resign in 1983-1984 "Beau Risque" like Jacques Parizeau, Camille Laurain, Paul Marois (not tie with Pauline Marois, actual leader of PQ).

Comments!? It is just crazy idea! :P;)

Cape-Breton-2008

I have been working on this scenario off an on for awhile now. Its nothing profesional but it could probably give someone good at creating scenarios a head start. I actually have a pretty good map, Saskguy did one for me awhile ago. I have one that is broken up into regions, and another that isn't, just in case I wanted to change the regions at some point. There are 26 ridings, most with candidates already named. I even have a separate text file with a brief description on who the people are, since most if not all of us would be unfamiliar. Just letting you guys know I have this, if at some point someone is interested.

• Upvote 1

I have been working on this scenario off an on for awhile now. Its nothing profesional but it could probably give someone good at creating scenarios a head start. I actually have a pretty good map, Saskguy did one for me awhile ago. I have one that is broken up into regions, and another that isn't, just in case I wanted to change the regions at some point. There are 26 ridings, most with candidates already named. I even have a separate text file with a brief description on who the people are, since most if not all of us would be unfamiliar. Just letting you guys know I have this, if at some point someone is interested.

I am interested to take a look and try to work on it.

My e-mail is:matvail2002@gmail.com

• Upvote 1

I am interested to take a look and try to work on it.

My e-mail is:matvail2002@gmail.com

Sure, but I have to warn you its pretty bad. I guess you could call it a shell of a scenario, because I have done the basics but not much else. I'm working in the morning, so after that I'll take a look and see what I got, and what I can do to it before sending it to you, but it may be a day or two before I get around to sending it. I'm going to include a text file for you explaining what I've done, and where I maybe able to help in the future (leaders, candidates, vote percentage etc..) Since I live in Cape Breton, I can offer alot of input, but the technical part of creating the scenario is where I have trouble, so hopefully you will be able to do something with it, because it would be an interesting scenario, atleast from where I stand. Thanks for your interest.

• Upvote 1

Matty1019@yahoo.com

This isn't a scenario that is anywheres near ready to send. In fact, its not really much of anything. matvail2002 is just going to take a look at it just to see if he can use it as a starting point to create a scenario, so I'm sure if he does end up doing the scenario, he will send it whenever he finshes it. To be honest, I don't know if what I have is good enough for him to even be able to start the sceanrio. I guess we will know more once I send him what I have. Sorry.

• Upvote 1