270soft Forum

Musings...

Hello,

I bought the President and Prime Minister Forever games last week, and have been really enjoying them in the few days I've had them.

I really appreciate how challenging the game can be. I really didn't expect much out of a game that cost $12, but I'm having hours more fun playing than it than I ever had playing the more "mainstream" competition.

I could steamroll John Kerry quite easily, scoring more than 350 EVs in the "competition", after only playing one "campaign". In PF2K4, I've spent several evenings trying to win with GWB by even the slimmest margain, and have found my first campaign a lot more realistic than I ever thought a $12 game could ever offer. While I am not pleased to see Kerry win NY from a political standpoint, it makes a lot more sense from a realism standpoint, and it's refreshing to play a well thought out game. I look forward to the historical scenarios posted on this site as well. You folks seem to have put quite a collection together, and your dedication to the game shows.

I haven't delved as much into PM Canada yet, but the parliamentary system poses greater challenges if you're not used to it. I look forward to learning though, and hope to push Stephen Harper on to victory at some point...

Will

PS: Any chances of a Senator (US) Forever 2004? It would be great to play out the Thune v Daschelle (sp?), Burr v Bowles, Coburn Carson and Martinez v Castor races. Some of the Gov races could be great too -- particularly the one in WA.

Anyhow, I've rambled enough :( :(

there are a few Senator scenerios posted

living here in Florida, the Castor v. Martinez race was completely overshadowed by the Prez race - I don't recall seeing a single poll, and barely remember seeing an article in any State newspaper other than the St. Petersburg Times (easily the best newspaper in Florida, and in the nation - it is ONE of only TWO privately owned major newspapers left in the USA, btw)

[...] the St. Petersburg Times (easily the best newspaper in Florida, and in the nation - it is ONE of only TWO privately owned major newspapers left in the USA, btw)

:o An interesting fact about the ownership...

I would also really like to play the South Dakota senator race, but I don't think anyone has made a scenario yet :)

Can't it be made so, that you don't have to gain electoral votes from a region/county, but the votes cast in each county simply go towards the total?

there are dozens of senate scenarios people would like to do like hillary vs guliani or keyes vs obama or even cobourn vs carson i think there should be a senate forever game that focuses on just senate races and the winner of the popular vote wins the election we could include past important senate races

I have made a SD senate scenario and sent it in. If anybdy would like a copy, email me at gpanek123@lycos.com, or you can wait until it/they is posted. I have two... One where the state is divided into five parts with different electoral votes, and the other scenario is just one big state with one electoral vote.

Thanks for the 'ramblings' Will! :)

To simlulate Senatorial races, one big change is that the game would have to be changed from an electoral vote system to a direct vote system. As others have mentioned, however, there are some Senatorial scenarios that have been posted (and some more on the way) that simulate the races using the electoral college.

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com