270soft Forum

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

2008 election scenario I was Al Gore. I started in the primaries and won. I faced George Allen. This was on hard mode 2008 election Results: Al Gore 538 Electoral Votes 67% of the Popular Vote Geo

Posted Images

I played the 2008 default scenario as Richardson. Endorsed by Edwards, Obama, and Fred Thompson. :D

oj4gmc.jpg

Check out the delegate count. Yep, you saw that right. But, alas! she stole a delegate from me at the convention!

Three weeks before the last primaries (MT and SD) it was Clinton 1926, Richardson 1910. The next week I took it to Clinton 1920, Richardson 1916. The week before the final vote, it was Clinton 1919, Richardson 1917. She won both states by 5%-15%, but I swung a delegate in SD.

Pretty awesome, if you ask me. I've never ended up in a tie, although I saw Clinton beat Biden 1919-1917 once (I was playing the GOP).

PR is pretty sweet; it allows for close finishes like this. All you do is smash the opposition in a few states, get a few endorsements from opponents, and don't get obliterated in the rest of the states. Then you have a chance...

• 2 weeks later...

On very hard. Look how close the pop vote is!

Capture-5.jpg

Going into election day I was behind in the polls, but had momentum. I managed to win all the big liberal states by mostly narrow margins. California was swinging back and forth until the very end. One of my best games ever!

• 1 month later...

I've a few, none of which are my best performances, but probably my favourites.

sweetvictory.png

It was sweet to win Florida, thereby winning the EV while losing the popular vote. *cough*

howarddeanridesagain.png

Neither my closest nor my most overwhelming victory, but it was great because by the time I got to the General Election, the entire map was a deep shade of red. Howard Dean rides again!

PennSqueaker.png

My closest ever, even though the House still gave JFK the Presidency. 159 votes from victory on the superb 1960 Beta scenario.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1976.jpg

Nothing too impressive, but satisfying nonetheless

1960.jpg

This one is my favorite. Crushed Nixon in the EV and beat him pretty good in the Popular vote. Toughest part was winning the Primaries. Kennedy nearly beat me, but LBJ's political influence points got me most of the endorsements allowing me to win. Kennedy ended up being my VP

• 2 weeks later...

howarddeanridesagain.png

Neither my closest nor my most overwhelming victory, but it was great because by the time I got to the General Election, the entire map was a deep shade of red. Howard Dean rides again!

Please tell me how on earth you were able to pull that off!? Is that on hard? A Howard Dean victory has eluded me for too long...

• 1 month later...

Kennedy 80.6%

Reagan 19.4%

:lol::lol:

Obviously a sweep of the electoral votes in 1980 too. Indiana was the closest 70.3-29.7, DC was 95-5 the biggest spread. Was trying to set up a Kennedy vs Bush matchup by attacking Reagan but Reagan just barely beat him, Meanwhile Kennedy won all but Florida in the Primaries and got Ford to be his Vice-President (Even though Ford was leading the Republican Primaries at the time in popular vote and about tied with Reagan), kind of snubbing Carter but oh well. Bush Endorsed Kennedy right before the conventions and gave him a 70-20 lead or so, which was expanded in the general election.

http://img22.imageshack.us/i/kennedyvsreagan.png/

With the Canadian Wonk Edition, I have won 294 on 308 seats as the Conservatives with 60.8%.

These are the seats that I haven't won:

-St-Marie-St-Jacques (Bloc)

-Toronto-Centre (Liberal)

-Trinity-Spadina (NDP)

-Vancouver-East (NDP)

-Rosemont-La-Petite-Patrie (Bloc)

-Churchill (NDP)

-Hochelaga (Bloc)

-Pointe-de-l'Île (Bloc)

-Westmount-Ville-Marie (Liberal)

-Outremont (NDP)

-Beaches-East-York (NDP)

-Toronto-Danforth (NDP)

-Winnipeg North (NDP)

-York West (Liberal)

I gotta say, as a liberal Democrat, this was extremely gratifying:

Picture2-1.png?t=1254038598

The closest state (Alaska) went for Kennedy 61-39. This was on hard with no getting other party candidates to be my VP or endorse me. Had a pretty tough primary with Carter to boot.

I imagine that he got UHC passed with those coattails.

What was your strategy to achieve this? It's quite a large margin compared to anything I've seen.

I kept hammering on Foreign Policy, Tehran Hostages, and Reagan/Energy. I don't think I used a television ad the entire campaign, instead using newspapers for positive ads and radio for negative, and I alternated between the two. Early on they were concentrated in primary states and later the few states that I thought might be vulnerable to Reagan, but by the last month or so I had a nationwide ad up more or less constantly. I also made sure to counter would be Reagan surges with some extra ads. Other than that, I used my PIPs to get two endorsers who are inclined toward Republicans (Teamsters Union and Washington Times) and spinned nearly every news story that came up during the general election.

Ironically it started pretty disastrously: I lost not only Iowa but also New Hampshire and Massachusetts to Carter.

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a few things....

once won theoryspark-created 2008 with Kucinich (!) on medium. exactly the same electoral count as 2004 but with Ohio flipped. Primaries went astonishingly odd, as i racked up Iowa, New Hampshire, SC, Michigan (was mostly useless) and Nevada.

2004 was a hilarious/wierd game. played as Dean, and won 60%+ in Iowa and NH. some tricky manueverings led me to blow everyone out of the water on Super Tuyesday. Gephart, the @$$, stayed in till the election, but i had already locked up the nomination. the general elections was sort of a "leftover"- Bush had overwelming popularity some places, which was based on his huge lead in the beginning of the standard game. i ignored the debates, spent myself broke early and coasted into the end.

that's the simple. to slightly detail, the Northeast, INCLUDING VERMONT, all went for Bush 55% or more, excluding Massachusitts, Maine, and New York. the West was a hodgepodge.

in essance, i lost Rhode Island and Vermont, put won Texas (!!), Utah (!!!!) and Alaska (i'm not going to go on). astonishingly odd. electoral vote was 412-126, popular was 57-40-3 (nader)

• 4 weeks later...

These are some of my good ones:

1zduryf.jpg

I made a scenario for Syracuse's 2009 mayoral election, ran as Jennings, got some good scandals on Miner and good ads, went from 13.2% at the start of the election to 53.1% at the end. Swept the entire city.

nxq1df.jpg

7 words: I. Played. As. Reagan. And. Got. Owned.

The primaries were tight as heck, so i was bankrupt after I overcame Herbie.

mikxvl.jpg

Pretty close race, th

e final before election polls showed 269 for democrat and 269 for me, but I had momentum :P

Here is my election summary. I was Chris Daggett in the 2009 NJ Gubernatorial Scenario. It is written as if it were Daggett's Journal.

Chapter 1: The Primaries

I finally decided to run just before the Republicans and Democrats had their primary days. In the end, Chris Christie won out narrowly against challenger Steve Lonegan, while Jon Corzine won in a landslide against Commissioner Anne Milgram.

My numbers are rising, I'm at 9.6% statewide at this point.

Chapter 2: Come, Come, Cumberland!

The latest poll numbers came in, and showed that I had become a major player: 11.3% statewide! However, while trying to decide where to go next, I found a small oddity: Cumberland County poll takers chose me 18.1% of the time, compared to Christie's 31.6 and Corzine's 34.2 %. I have decided to focus my campaign on Cumberland.

Chapter 3: Christie Doesn't Like Christie

A few days later, I was endorsed by Former Governor Christie Todd Whitman, and my numbers surged, peaking last week at 20.8%, confusing pundits statewide and beyond. Christie and Corzine suddenly take me seriously, and an attack ad (or 4) are released against me. I am at 18.9% because of those ads at this point.

Chapter 4: The final poll

The final poll looks grim, my lead in Cumberland has severely faded. However, I find new hope in my home county of Somerset, and most pundits project I will win it on election night. I'll have to wait and see. Here are the Last poll numbers: Christie- 40.2% 486 E.V.s, Corzine- 37.9% 159 E.V.s, Me- 12.9% 0 E.V.s.

Pundit's Mapular Projection:

2n80c92.jpg

Chapter 5: Election Night

On Election Night, some say that if the map comes true, and the new State Assembly votes on their mainly conservative values, I could, in theory, be the next Governor of New Jersey. I almost happens, however Christie, I have to hand it to him, he had a machine too massive for an Independent or a Democrat to topple. At 11:39, I called Chris, and congratulated him on becoming the 55th Governor of New Jersey.

Final Election night map:

2mmisz8.jpg

I gotta say, as a liberal Democrat, this was extremely gratifying:

Picture2-1.png?t=1254038598

The closest state (Alaska) went for Kennedy 61-39. This was on hard with no getting other party candidates to be my VP or endorse me. Had a pretty tough primary with Carter to boot.

I imagine that he got UHC passed with those coattails.

Both candidates' vote totals end in 0... that's kind of weird....

• 4 weeks later...

I totally owned as Ross Perot in the 1992 scenario winning 511 electoral votes once.

Took every state except Alabama, Mississippi and South Carolina (lost by less than 4% all 3 of them to Bush) and DC was still a Democratic landslide 56-35 for Cuomo vs Perot.

Luckily got 4-5 of the Democrats (Clinton, Gore, Wilder, Rockefeller and Brown) and Buchanan from the Republicans to endorse me. And was able to get basically all the major newspaper/footsoldier endorsers.

Won massively with only 42.3% of the votes too ;) Bush had 30.8% and Cuomo had 26.9%.

• Upvote 1