270soft Forum

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

This was with 2008 orignial senario. It was Gore, Kerry, Clark,Vilsack, Bayh, Warner for the Democrats. Allen, Frist, Tancredo, and Gingrich for the Republicans.

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheLiberalKitten said:

That's beautiful! :D

He's still notably short of Diefenbaker in 1958 and Mulroney in 1984 - the two biggest majority governments elected in Canadian history.

1 hour ago, Patine said:

He's still notably short of Diefenbaker in 1958 and Mulroney in 1984 - the two biggest majority governments elected in Canadian history.

You're right. Harper did have the longest minority government though 😛

1 hour ago, Edouard said:

This time we can't see I haven't unseated Trudeau 😛 

Trudeau.PNG.5e3dd97b737bb6101f243886433cfcc2.PNG

Mount Royal constituency in Canada's Federal elections (which three Liberal PM's, including both Trudeaus, and a number of prominent Liberal Cabinet Ministers, have held in various Federal elections) is SO powerfully Liberal in electoral support and orientation, it's not even funny. In fact, it's a political cliché. Real Caouette, the former leader of the right-wing Railliement Creditiste from 1958-1971, and then, after the defeat of right-wing Albert Social Credit Association Premier of Alberta Earnest Manning, who had been an immensely powerful influence on the Federal Party even from the Premier's office, and personally prevented any Federal party leader who was not from Western Canada from being chosen, the leader of the right-wing Social Credit Party of Canada until his (Caouette's) retirement in 1976, once cynically and caustically said that the Mount Royal constituency was so powerfully Liberal you could run a Canada Post mailbox there and still, because they're red (the party colour of the Liberal Party of Canada).

Original_Canada_Post_Mailbox.png

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought the President Infinity and Congress Infinity bundle Friday night, and did a test run of 2020 playing as President Trump. Ended up losing to Joe Biden (and lost some normally safe GOP states such as Texas in the process)

Also tried out the 1994 House and Senate races playing as the Republicans in both. As in real life, was able to flip the House to the GOP; but the best I could muster in the Senate was a draw.

2020firstgametestresults.csv

Edited by HamptonRoadsTVFan
Adding result of 1994 midterm tries
  • 3 months later...

I played as Buttigieg and started on September 25th, 2019. My vice presidential candidate was Elizabeth Warren and my high score was exactly 130 (I played on hard.). These were my results.

Bild_2020_05_15_20_31_49_942.png

Bild_2020_05_15_20_35_21_966.png

Bild_2020_05_17_00_39_28_661.png

results.csv

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
17 hours ago, qqmag said:

My first EVER real game after reading strategies on this game. 

Medium difficulty, 2020 election started in the Primaries.

Results

Won the overall vote with more than 15 percentage points. 

But only won 361 EVs

Playing as whom? A vital piece of data omitted...

Had to play as the Republicans once. To my surprise Amy Koubacar went off to win in a nail-biter closer than the Clinton vs Obama primary. She chose Yang as VP! Kloubacar is not a weak candidate, indeed she is a good all-rounder and centrist as Biden.  The only relevant area I could attack Kloubacar was in free trade, which I did.

It was a toss-up before the election, but I won quite overwhelmingly. Had 4 scandals and saved my ad money for the last week to break Kloubacars momentum to -6 while mine was +24. As a result the win came in quite easy, I almost won New York and Oregon. 

I "only" won 343 electoral votes, but the margin of 9.5 percentage points nationally speaks for itself. I have a takeaway that its easier to play as the Democrats, and more difficult to play as the Republicans in the general eleciton.

trump.png

• Like 1