270soft Forum

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

The TheorySoft official 2012 Scenario Played as Huntsman, running on my integrity, leadership, and against Romney's healthcare stance. I pulled off a surprise upset win in Iowa. One day before the ca

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

scaled.php?server=706&filename=victoryi.png&res=landing

No negative-campaigning in primaries. But from start on focus on beating Obama. With the strong basis of Huckabee it's easy to take Iowa, South Carolina, Florida, Nevada and the only real challenge is to beat Perry in Texas-primaries. From that moment on only campaigned against the President and sent footsoldiers to all possible swing-states. Dropped some scandals on Obama on crucial times and this is the result. In short.. Of course. And in the absolute beginning of the game I took away the far-right views of Huckabee and changed them to right.

• 2 weeks later...

United States 2016:

Playing as the Democrats, on the basis that Obama had won in 2012. I selected Andrew Cuomo as my candidate and chose Elizabeth Warren to be his running mate. My opponents were Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio. The entire campaign was incredibly close, with me winning two debates, Bush winning one and Rubio absolutely obliterating Warren. Three states in particular were causing me a lot of issues - Colorado, Florida and Nevada - so I decided to focus the majority of my attention on those three. I ran a number of campaign ads against Bush and tried, where possible, to run on economic issues rather than social ones, making sure to do lots of research in Govt Spending and Tax Rates. By the time election day came along, it really could have gone either way:

electionday.png

As you can see, the race couldn't be tighter. The only "undecided" state was Iowa, with its 6 EVs. I was predicted 269 EVs and Bush was predicted 263. In effect, we were in total deadlock. Nationally, he had a 0.1% advantage over me in the polls, with 10.3% of voters still unsure. However, going into the election, I had an advantage of 0.6 momentum points, with a lead of 2.7 momentum points in Iowa (though Bush had a 0.4% lead in the polls there, with an abnormally large 14.4% undecided voters). At worst I was expecting a 269 - 269 deadlock, though I fully expected to take Iowa at the final hurdle.

Alas, the result turned against me:

resultjg.png

Iowa went to Bush (50.5% - 49.5%, after changing hands many times throughout the count) and I lost Pennsylvania and North Carolina, despite being predicted to win them. The result in North Carolina was exactly 50-50, with Bush taking 1,685,482 votes to my 1,683,063. The state was blue until the final moments. I lost Pennsylvania by a similarly irritating margin, with Bush taking 50.3% to my 49.7%.

And worst of all, I actually beat him in the popular vote nationally! (Albeit with 50.1% to his 49.9%, but still...)

Some of the more surprising results came in places like Florida where, despite Rubio being on the GOP ticket, I took 53.6% of the vote, and in Colorado where I took 56%, after a campaign in which Bush had been 7% ahead of me at one point. Missouri was also pretty close, with Bush failing to get 51% (he got 50.8%)

Great game though! Very disheartening to come so close and miss out but never mind =)

Here's my first play through on the new engine. I played as Huntsman, focusing on New Hampshire early on. My goal was to keep quietly in third in the polls, but garner delegates while Romney and Gingrich fought each other. I manged to pick up several large states and turned the race into a three way split. By the end of the primaries, I was behind Gingrich by 2% in the polls, but ahead by 15 delegates, while Romney was only behind me by 0.5%, and almost 60 delegates behind.The convention allowed me to pick up the win (I believe through a glitch). I picked Christie as my running mate. I spent every cent I had on ads and created a comfortable lead over Obama/Clinton.

2012Huntsmannewengine.jpg

I didn't think to get a screenshot of it, but earlier today I ran a 2016 scenario game with the Democratic ticket of Andrew Cuomo/Mark Warner beating the Republican tandem of Jeb Bush/Rob Portman by a 405-153, 55/45 margin.

Not to complain, but a scenario creator (and of course, more scenarios) for the 2012 engine are needed. Soon. :)

So here is the first posted image of a Gary Johnson win for the 2012 scenario of P4E12. As Johnson, I spent all of the primary campaign putting out web ads while pumping up my campaign attributes. Republicans were pretty much dominating the campaign to begin with, projecting to win about 400 Electoral Votes in the early stages. Once I got all of my campaign set up, I started targeting states, adding foot soldiers, etc. Basically I was building my ground game up while Obama/Clinton had a slight primary battle and Christie/Gingrich went to war (Romney stuck around for a bit, but dropped out midway through the primaries. All other Republicans had dropped out early and endorsed Christie).

As soon as Obama and Christie began pulling away I started researching scandals on them and stockpiling ads for the final month of the election. Following the conventions, Christie was polling about 38%. Obama around 33%, Johnson about 18%, and 11% undecided. I pumped up the attack with a series of web attack ads on both candidates and a couple TV ads. Meanwhile, I was constantly running web ads for myself. I handily won all 3 debates, and the lib VP Gray won his as well. All of this put both the Obama and Christie campaigns into collapse, and essentially tied things up going into election night.

The board didn't look that great in the final poll. Was looking like no one would reach 270, which would have given things to Christie due to the Republican controlled house. The election night was one of the more bizarre ones I've seen, with states constantly flipping back and forth, some of them between all three candidates.

I ended up squeaking by with 273 EV, vastly more than I was expecting heading into election night.

GJwin.png

The key state turned out to be New York, which was leaning Obama heading into the final night, and was one of the two states (along with California) that I had focused on heavily over the last 3 days. New York changed hands many times over the course of the night, and it wasn't decided until the very end.

NYkey.png

Yup.. 1,708 votes decided New York, and the presidency. Got to believe there might be a recount coming.

• Upvote 1

2vjydqq.jpg

This could never happen in real life, and yet it was a great game... I turned Perry and Romney off, Palin, Christie and Huckabee on, and the primaries would have been a Palin landslide after her victories in Iowa and New Hampshire if Gingrich hadn't stopped her in Florida, Christie in Nevada and myself in Minnesota and Colorado. After winning the primaries right after Illinois, I decided to focus on Pennsylvania and the Pacific Coast instead of launching everything into Ohio, Virginia and Iowa (Florida and North Carolina went republican pretty quickly). Choosing Mitt Romney as the VP, sending Obama bankrupt and winning the last two debates still left the whole election night in a cliffhanger, and I only won because of Pennsylvania and California, which I won by just two points. Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode almost costed me the election considering that they took enough votes in Ohio, Virginia, Iowa and New Hampshire to cost me these states... And still, a tea party favourite winning by a hundred electoral votes, three million votes and 4.5% votes for the third party candidates seems a little bit... odd.

iwyzqje52nyz.jpg

president forver 2008 + primaries, 2012 normal secnario.

played as paul ryan aginst romney, cain, pery, gringrich, hunstman, bachman, ron paul, santorum, gary johnson, buddy rumer, obama from democrats , and root from libertation.

i took out iowa and than won in the most of the midwest staste, and few of the south, few of the east coast, oragon and idaho.

the other candidates expect of romney withdraw soon enough, with the only candidates thet won states expect me and romney are cain in the south and perry in texas- before both withdraw.

romney still won and i offer him to take me as a VP, wich he confirmed.

i kept going as romney and godstomped obama in the election night.

california was close, with only 2% winning for me, and hawaii (won hawaii with a republican ^^) was 4% winning for me.

washington DC was of course for obama and that was something like 65%-35% with obama has the advantage.

i got masterful rank.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congress Forever- played as the NRSC, 2012. Keyed early on beating Kaine in Virginia and Warren in Massachusetts by dumping money and ground game there, to the point where Allen and Brown built insurmountable leads by 10/1. Heller faced a tough challenge in Nevada, but recovered. Akin unable to break through in Missouri, but Mourdock held Indiana, Thompson picked up Wisconsin, and McMahon pulled off the upset in Connecticut. Attempts to financially prop up Connie Mack in Fla. and Josh Mandel in OH failed.

Going into the West, I needed one gain to pickup the majority. Instead, I got hit with a huge upset in Arizona, the DNC's only pickup of the night, and Tester was able to survive in Montana. The biggest shock came shortly thereafter when I stole the Hawaii seat, and won the majority in the last race of the night. Pretty awesome, and got Masterful.

2012_Senate_R51_D47_I2.png

• 2 weeks later...

United States 2016:

Playing as the Democrats, on the basis that Obama had won in 2012. I selected Andrew Cuomo as my candidate and chose Elizabeth Warren to be his running mate. My opponents were Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio. The entire campaign was incredibly close, with me winning two debates, Bush winning one and Rubio absolutely obliterating Warren. Three states in particular were causing me a lot of issues - Colorado, Florida and Nevada - so I decided to focus the majority of my attention on those three. I ran a number of campaign ads against Bush and tried, where possible, to run on economic issues rather than social ones, making sure to do lots of research in Govt Spending and Tax Rates. By the time election day came along, it really could have gone either way:

electionday.png

As you can see, the race couldn't be tighter. The only "undecided" state was Iowa, with its 6 EVs. I was predicted 269 EVs and Bush was predicted 263. In effect, we were in total deadlock. Nationally, he had a 0.1% advantage over me in the polls, with 10.3% of voters still unsure. However, going into the election, I had an advantage of 0.6 momentum points, with a lead of 2.7 momentum points in Iowa (though Bush had a 0.4% lead in the polls there, with an abnormally large 14.4% undecided voters). At worst I was expecting a 269 - 269 deadlock, though I fully expected to take Iowa at the final hurdle.

Alas, the result turned against me:

resultjg.png

Iowa went to Bush (50.5% - 49.5%, after changing hands many times throughout the count) and I lost Pennsylvania and North Carolina, despite being predicted to win them. The result in North Carolina was exactly 50-50, with Bush taking 1,685,482 votes to my 1,683,063. The state was blue until the final moments. I lost Pennsylvania by a similarly irritating margin, with Bush taking 50.3% to my 49.7%.

And worst of all, I actually beat him in the popular vote nationally! (Albeit with 50.1% to his 49.9%, but still...)

Some of the more surprising results came in places like Florida where, despite Rubio being on the GOP ticket, I took 53.6% of the vote, and in Colorado where I took 56%, after a campaign in which Bush had been 7% ahead of me at one point. Missouri was also pretty close, with Bush failing to get 51% (he got 50.8%)

Great game though! Very disheartening to come so close and miss out but never mind =)

Your opponent and his Veep were from the same state? Is the AI working properly?

• 2 weeks later...

Canada 1988

I played as the Liberals

Results

Liberal - 32% - 112

NDP - 36% - 109

PC - 31% - 74

Regions

Atlantic

Liberal - 31

NDP - 1

Quebec

PC - 40

Liberal - 28

NDP - 7

Ontario

Liberal - 47

NDP - 43

PC - 9

Prairies

NDP - 19

Liberal - 5

PC - 4

Alberta

PC - 21

NDP - 5

BC

NDP - 31

Liberal - 1

Territories

NDP - 3

United States Presidential Election 2016

Gov. Thomas Foley (R-Connecticut) / Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio)

vs.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D-New York) / Gov. Martin O'Malley (D-Maryland)

vs.

Gov. Gary Johnson (L-New Mexico) / Cong. Bob Barr (L-Georgia)

Playing as: Foley/Portman

Results:

Foley/Portman

291 Electoral Votes (+85 EV Romney/Ryan 2012)

52.1% of the Popular Vote (+4.8% Romney/Ryan 2012)

68,482,433 Votes (+7,699,629 Romney/Ryan 2012)

Cuomo/O'Malley

247 Electoral Votes (-85 EV Obama/Biden 2012)

46.2% of the Popular Vote (-4.7% Obama/Biden 2012)

60,710,952 Votes (-4,754,317 Obama/Biden 2012)

Johnson/Barr

0 Electoral Votes (+0 Johnson/Gray 2012)

1.6% of the Popular Vote (+0.6% Johnson/Gray 2012)

2,152,348 Votes (+879,762 Johnson/Gray 2012)

Close States (<5%)

New Hampshire 1.1% (D49.7% R48.6% L1.7%)

Iowa 2.4% (D50.3% R47.9% L1.7%)

Colorado 4.1% (R51.2% D47.1% L1.7%)

2016election.png

I started out this custom scenario for President Forever 2016 as Tom Foley in the Republican Primaries, quickly focused on New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Florida. Rubio won in Iowa, but I was able to pull a victory in New Hampshire, South Carolina and Florida. From there I moved to Nevada, where after a lot of barnstorming and an ad blitz, I was able to win that one as well. I manuvered Bush and Sandoval to drop out and endorse me, and really I had the momentum from there.

The General Election was more interesting. I focused on Nevada, Colorado, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and Florida. I mostly travled the country barnstorming and giving a speech once in awhile. I was able to win all three debates by a wide margin, except the VP Debate where Portman got smashed by O'Malley because I had focused on getting Foley's debate skill up, and Portman was low on EP by then, as he was my stand in to campaign around the country. President Obama endorsed Cuomo near the end of the campaign, and it's what switched New Hampshire, Minnesota, Michigain, and Iowa at the end, because I was leading in those states mostly during the last few days.

The difference in the popular vote is because I ran up the votes in the Red States very high. The non-battleground Southern States and the non-battleground West all broke for Foley anywhere from 60% to 70%, which surprised me because I never paid much attention there, except for a fundraiser in Texas.

Overall it was a good fought campaign.

• 4 weeks later...

US - 1920 - modified ( Played as Farmer-Labor)

William Harding

48.9%

278 E.V.

James Cox

45.3%

213 E.V.

Parley Christensen

5.8%

40 E.V.

Kansas (10 E.V.)

R - 43.0%

D - 40.0%

F-L - 17.0%

New York (45 E.V.)

R - 53.0%

D - 46.3%

F-L - 0.7%

Maine

R - 50.7%

D - 49.3%

​If Maine and Kansas had gone blue. (266 E.V. needed)

R- 262

D - 229

F-L - 40

Saskatchewan - 2003, Liberals

(major) Parties and leaders

NDP - Lorne Clavert L-4 I-3 E-5 IF-3 C-3 S-3 D-4

Sask. Party - Elwin Hermanson L-4 I-3 E-4 IF-4 C-3 S-3 D-4

Liberal (Me) - David Karwacki L-3 I-4 E-2 IF-3 C-4 S-4 D-4

Overall results

Liberal - 32% - 23 seats

NDP - 30% - 20 seats

Sask. Party - 27% - 15 seats

NGA - 4% - 0 seats

Other (PC, Ind WIP) - 3% - 0 seats

Regions

North

Liberal - 21.7% - 0 seats

Sask. Party - 29.7% - 0 seats

NDP - 35.7% - 2 seats

West-Central

Liberal - 33.0% - 2 seats

Sask. Party - 32.0% - 4 seats

NDP - 30.9% - 2 seats

East-Central

Liberal - 31.1% - 2 seats

Sask. Party - 32.0% - 4 seats

NDP - 31.2% - 2 seats

SSA

Liberal - 35.2% - 2 seats

Sask. Party - 28.5% - 0 seats

NDP - 28.4% - 2 seats

South West

Liberal - 36.1% - 4 seats

Sask. Party - 35.7% - 3 seats

NDP - 24.7% - 2 seats

South East

Liberal - 33.6% - 3 seats

Sask. Party - 34.2% - 4 seats

NDP - 26.1% - 1 seats

RSA

Liberal - 34.8% - 4 seats

Sask. Party - 24.0% - 3 seats

NDP - 30.4% - 2 seats

Saskatoon North

Liberal - 39.2% - 4 seats

Sask. Party - 21.1% - 0 seats

NDP - 27.6% - 1 seats

Saskatoon South

Liberal - 32.0% - 1 seats

Sask. Party - 18.4% - 0 seats

NDP - 37.3% - 4 seats

Regina North

Liberal - 23.7% - 0 seats

Sask. Party - 14.9% - 0 seats

NDP - 35.2% - 5 seats

Regina South

Liberal - 34.8% - 3 seats

Sask. Party - 18.4% - 3 seats

NDP - 32.1% - 1 seats

Summary of campaign

At the beginning of the game I was at 13% with The NDP and Sask. Duking it out in the thirties. I ran three Pro-Me ads and one anti-Sask ad for the first two weeks.

For the last 3 weeks I switched my attack to the NDP (NDP - 36% Sask - 29% Liberal - 20%) as the Sask. party was in full collapse. Suddenly I was in a competitive position for second or even first (NDP - 34% Sask - 28% Liberal - 27%) I campaigned in the cities for the last few days and on election that helped me defeat the NDP. I won largely because I won a near plurality of seats in both urban and rural areas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Playing as Kerry on Medium.

Kerry - 52,492,227, 51.4%, 334 EVs

Bush - 47,474,833, 46.5%, 204 EVs

The following states flipped from 2000:

CO - Bush to Kerry

NV- Bush to Kerry

AZ- Bush to Kerry

AR- Bush to Kerry

NH- Bush to Kerry

IA- Gore to Bush

So much for Rove's permanent GOP majority. I still can't believe I won Arkansas and Arizona. :blink:B)

Ran in 1992 as Jay Rockefeller

I won the primary just 10 delegates above the majority mark against Clinton and Cuomo with no endorsements.

I handily won the general election after being ahead the whole time.

Democratic - Jay Rockefeller - 38.3% - 366 E.V.

​Republican - George H.W. Bush - 31.9% - 92 E.V.

Independent - Ross Perot - 29.8% - 80 E.V.

• 1 month later...

Played 2008 - Wonk Edition on Hard as Gore

I lost most of the early primary and California but after that it was smooth sailing but I did not win a majority of delegates. I got Warner's endorsement and won. two weeks later I got Clinton (The only other candidate) to endorse me and secure my place.

Campaign Cash

Me - 176,000,000

Romney - 100,000,000

Election Results -

Al Gore - 60.3% and 538 electoral Votes

Mitt Romney - 38.2%

Charles Baldwin - 1.0%

Mary Ruwart - 0.5%

Three closest states -

Florida (Ha Ha!)

49.2 Vs 49.1

(7,000 votes)