270soft Forum

Played 1992 as Mario Cuomo. The primaires were a piece of cake. I won every single state, not losing a single contest. Everyone except Clinton dropped out, and Clinton accepted my offer of VP after I narrowly won Arkansas. From there, I used my PIPs three times to have non-aggression pacts with Bush, allowing me to focus only on building myself up. On election night, Texas was split evenly between us and Perot was projected to win 0 EVs. I was hoping to win a few more of the red states in order to give Perot a higher EV count than Bush, but it didn't happen. Satisfying win nonetheless.

1992Cuomo.png

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

2008 election scenario I was Al Gore. I started in the primaries and won. I faced George Allen. This was on hard mode 2008 election Results: Al Gore 538 Electoral Votes 67% of the Popular Vote Geo

Posted Images

Played 1992 as Mario Cuomo. The primaires were a piece of cake. I won every single state, not losing a single contest. Everyone except Clinton dropped out, and Clinton accepted my offer of VP after I narrowly won Arkansas. From there, I used my PIPs three times to have non-aggression pacts with Bush, allowing me to focus only on building myself up. On election night, Texas was split evenly between us and Perot was projected to win 0 EVs. I was hoping to win a few more of the red states in order to give Perot a higher EV count than Bush, but it didn't happen. Satisfying win nonetheless.

1992Cuomo.png

After my '92 Cuomo-Bush-Perot match up awhile back, I can't take Cuomo seriously anymore.

2BsCs.png

• Upvote 2

Who did Congress end up choosing?

I can't remember exactly, but since the Democrats controlled the House at that time I imagine Cuomo was picked.

Was playing as Perot, and I think Bush won Florida over me by about 1-2%. Would have been nice to win that, not that it wouldn't have made a difference, but y'know.

24dgd5f.png

I knew I was going to win, I had 271 with +6 momentum to Obama's 170 and -4 momentum on election night. But New York had been deep blue the whole cycle, and it was odd to see it go to the GOP, with how satisfied they are with their Democratic governor.

• Upvote 2

PalinScreen-USA2016.png

this is from a 2016 scenario i've been devoting myself to working on for the last three days straight. it's almost done, but i decided to take a break and play it. i played as palin (she's normally off by default) and won pretty easily. the closest state was oregon and i think the reason I won CA is because Schweitzer lost it big time to cuomo in the primaries and i barely lost to Scott brown (again, normally off by default) but i devoted millions of dollars, footsoldiers, crusaders, and such to the state. i think all of that work helped me win it in the GE, it was fairly close still.

stay tuned for more details on the scenario

• Upvote 1

I ran the 2012 Scenario as Rick Perry.

Perry, of course, begins the primaries restricted to Texas and the surrounding states. I started a grassroots footsoldier campaign in Nevada (to give me early traction) and set about increasing my leads in the deep south. Romney and Cain duked it out, with Cain taking Iowa narrowly and Romney taking New Hampshire. I now had Nevada solidly, 18 points above Romney. Romney took South Carolina, and then I took Nevada. I unleashed my high-strength scandals on Cain and Romney, and secured Gingrich's endorsement, the week after, propelling me to the position of narrow frontrunner. I started to win states by the dozen, picking up Cain and Santorum's endorsements not long after. Romney remained a stone in my shoe the whole time through though. Around March I went flat broke, and he nearly overtook me, but miraculously and without warning, Ron Paul endorsed me. Because of all the negativity flying around, he had been polling almost 12%, and that helped me stay in the lead. Finally, Romney agreed to run on the bottom of my ticket in May.

At the start of the general, the President had about $400,000,000, so it was going to be a long haul for me and my $25,000,000. I began researching scandals and placing footsoldiers in states that were red but in danger of turning white, as is my strategy. I campaigned in the tied states, and ran ads in blue states. Obama was pounding me with negative ads, and he overtook me in the polls at one point. However, suddenly, a few weeks after the convention, the President found himself with $4,000,000 to my $75,000,000. He stopped advertising at all, but he still had +7 momentum on integrity, -2 on leadership and -1 on experience. I released 3 negative ads, 2 on integrity and one on experience. That Sunday, I went up 100 E.V.s and 5 points nationwide. The President tried to mount a comeback, but he ran out of money again after I released a high-strength scandal 10 days before the election. I didn't use the "advertise nationwide before the election" trick.

2affi3l.png

Closest State: NM Perry/Romney 50.2 Obama/Biden 49.8

Farthest State: UT Perry/Romney 88.4 Obama/Biden 11.6

Surprisingly, I got 47% in DC.

• Upvote 1

vruh4h.png

I was Kyrillos. Primaries were rough, I had an uphill battle against Jennifer Beck, who secured all the major endorsements (Obama, Christie, Wittman, etc.) and in the end she got 235 delegates, where 250 are needed to win. I split my PIPs in trying to get the endorsement of both the other candidates (Little and Baroni) and secured them easily, which gave me 265 delegates and the nomination.

The general was hard too, but I pounded Menendez on Leadership and campaigned hard in Middlesex, Mercer and Bergen. I only won Bergen of those 3, but it has the most E.V.s of the 3 or all of NJ with 50. But on election night, all 3 were tied. Mercer was the closest- Kyrillos 49.5 Menendez 49.9 Pason 0.5 Bard 0.2. Menendez won the popular vote, which in reality would've made him the victor, but thanks to th P4E engine I won :D

• Upvote 1

I ran as Rick Perry. I won Iowa narrowly while Romney easily won New Hampshire and Cain won South Carolina. After Gingrich won Florida, Romney lost his momementum and I exploited that to a narrow loss over Romney in Nevada and Michigan while winning Arizona. Romney did win Washington State but I countered with a win in Colorado while Pawlenty won Minnesota. There was a three way split between me (Perry) with Cain and Romney on Super Tuesday.

I then picked up positive momentum and got the endorsements of Gingrich, Pawlenty and Bachmann as they dropped out. Santorum decided to endorse Romney, though! :)

After Cain withdrew (he declined to endorse), I got most of his delegates. Considering I was already close to securing the nomination, he put me over the top.

Due to the bad blood I cultivated with Romney with the spies I planted, the scandal research on him and the negative radio ads which helped me win, we had a very poor relationship. He continued to win a few late primaries even after I had the nomination stiched up. I ended up getting him to endorse me after I offered him all my remaining PIPs.

At the convention, I chose Senator Rob Portman of Ohio as my running mate. We started off neck-and-neck in the popular vote with the Obama/Biden ticket while having a significant electoral college deficit. I ran a combination of cable television ads using insight with radio attack ads on Obama's character and experience. I eventually closed the electoral college gap and by a month before the election, I was projected to win a clear majority of the electoral college.

For the last week of the election, I released a network television ad of my tax policy using insight in all states. That was followed by a radio attack ad on Obama for the last two or three days in the remaining undecided states. I also released three medium-level scandals. The first six days before the election, the second four days before and the last two days before the election. By election day, the top and second headlines were Obama scandals, I had +9.5 momentum, Obama had -6.5 momentum and I was projected to win a clear 285 electoral votes or 340 with leaners.

On Election Day, I won Missouri and New York with over 60% of the vote. Missouri had been a tossup only three weeks before e-day with New York turning "Republican Edge" only the week before the election. I won Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and Maine all with between 50%-55% of the popular vote.

I won California and New Mexico by less than two points each. Amazingly, despite my landslide win, I actually lost Montana by a point and Tennessee was a cliffhanger until all votes were in. I ended up carrying Tennessee by only 6,183 votes. I can't help but wonder what would possess the conservative voters of Tennessee to vote in such numbers for Obama. Low turnout due to complancy?

Final Results:

PerryvsObama.jpg

Detailed Results for California and Tennessee:

PerryvsObamaCA.jpg&PerryvsObamaTN.jpg

• Upvote 2

I ran as Rick Perry. I won Iowa narrowly while Romney easily won New Hampshire and Cain won South Carolina. After Gingrich won Florida, Romney lost his momementum and I exploited that to a narrow loss over Romney in Nevada and Michigan while winning Arizona. Romney did win Washington State but I countered with a win in Colorado while Pawlenty won Minnesota. There was a three way split between me (Perry) with Cain and Romney on Super Tuesday.

I then picked up positive momentum and got the endorsements of Gingrich, Pawlenty and Bachmann as they dropped out. Santorum decided to endorse Romney, though! :)

After Cain withdrew (he declined to endorse), I got most of his delegates. Considering I was already close to securing the nomination, he put me over the top.

Due to the bad blood I cultivated with Romney with the spies I planted, the scandal research on him and the negative radio ads which helped me win, we had a very poor relationship. He continued to win a few late primaries even after I had the nomination stiched up. I ended up getting him to endorse me after I offered him all my remaining PIPs.

At the convention, I chose Senator Rob Portman of Ohio as my running mate. We started off neck-and-neck in the popular vote with the Obama/Biden ticket while having a significant electoral college deficit. I ran a combination of cable television ads using insight with radio attack ads on Obama's character and experience. I eventually closed the electoral college gap and by a month before the election, I was projected to win a clear majority of the electoral college.

For the last week of the election, I released a network television ad of my tax policy using insight in all states. That was followed by a radio attack ad on Obama for the last two or three days in the remaining undecided states. I also released three medium-level scandals. The first six days before the election, the second four days before and the last two days before the election. By election day, the top and second headlines were Obama scandals, I had +9.5 momentum, Obama had -6.5 momentum and I was projected to win a clear 285 electoral votes or 340 with leaners.

On Election Day, I won Missouri and New York with over 60% of the vote. Missouri had been a tossup only three weeks before e-day with New York turning "Republican Edge" only the week before the election. I won Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania and Maine all with between 50%-55% of the popular vote.

I won California and New Mexico by less than two points each. Amazingly, despite my landslide win, I actually lost Montana by a point and Tennessee was a cliffhanger until all votes were in. I ended up carrying Tennessee by only 6,183 votes. I can't help but wonder what would possess the conservative voters of Tennessee to vote in such numbers for Obama. Low turnout due to complancy?

Final Results:

PerryvsObama.jpg

Detailed Results for California and Tennessee:

PerryvsObamaCA.jpg&PerryvsObamaTN.jpg

How'd you manage to win New York and not Montana? :o

• Upvote 1

Ran as Paul Ryan in the primaries. Tied with Cain in Iowa (though they called him the winner), came in a close second in South Carolina (~0.5%), came in a close second in Nevada (~0.5%), and an even closer second in Minnesota (0.2%). Eventually I shifted my focus to Super Tuesday where I planned on winning Oklahoma, North Dakota, and Vermont. I got Rick Perry's endorsement which secured me Oklahoma and I won Vermont, came in second in several other states including ND and Hawaii (though this wasn't super tuesday). anyways, from there I won Wisconsin and was finishing second to Cain in just about every state. I won Romney's endorsement and the nomination was decided shortly afterwards. For whatever reason the P4E game engine doesn't let you do very well in the GE if you're an underdog, meaning "Very Poor" in every state even though Ryan had a 4 in Leadership, Integrity, and Experience. I decided that if I had a chance I needed Cain on the ticket, so I offered it to him and he accepted (though if the game was realistic I wouldn't have needed to do this)

Not done with the GE, saving it for the plane ride tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...

Canada - 2008

Played as NDP

Leaders

LPC - Ralpth Goodale

CPC - Jim Flaherty

NDP - Ray Martin

CHP - Ronald Gray

Results

Liberals - 45% - 190 seats

CPC - 28% - 64 seats

NDP - 28% - 54 seats

CHP - 0% - 0 seats

Leaders seats

Jim Flaherty (CPC)

Whitby - Oshawa

CPC - Jim Flaherty-x - 37%

LPC - Brent Fullard - 40%

NDP - David Purdy - 20%

CHP - Yvonne Forbes - 1%

Ray Martin (NDP)

Edmonton East

CPC - Peter Goldring-x - 27%

LPC - Stephanie Laskoski - 33%

NDP - Ray Martin - 38%

Ralpth Goodale (LPC)

Wascana

CPC - Michele Hunter - 17%

LPC - Ralpth Goodale-x - 69%

NDP - Stephen Moore - 13%

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I played as Labour in the UK 1987 scenario. My theme was Leadership/Kinnock, Integrity/Attacking Thatcher and Experience/Kinnock. I created a spy in Thatcher's camp and ran all of my ads and scandal research attacking her integrity. I made a special effort to get endorsed by Liberty and the National Federation Of The Self Employed. I created as many crusaders as soon as possible. I did policy speeches but no barnstorming. Early on scandal after scandal (oddly they were scripted as events) hit Thatcher and those combined with my attack ads gave her atrocious momentum. Late on scripted scandals were hitting me but it was too little too late even when I ran out of money with about a week to go and was under attack from 3 other leaders. At one point I was on 500 seats but on election night I got 423/650; a majority of 97 with 39% of the vote.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

ukelections2005pm4e.png

I was Howard. At the start of the campaign, I put out 3 Billboard ads: one on Howard/Iraq War, one on Blair/Tax and Spend, and one on Howard/Identity Cards. Occasionally, I would throw up a national ad attacking Blair here or there. I turned up the spin to OVAR 9000!!!1 and churned out 2 Crusaders. I maybe tried to court favor with a few endorsers, but didn't really spend too much time on it. Late in the campaign, a scandal on Blair came up and I spun the everloving crap out of it. I was already leading solidly in the polls by then, but I think that was what gave me the landslide.

You may find it interesting to note that Labour had 403 seats before this election, but came out with only 88. That's right- Labour lost 315 seats altogether, which, if my knowledge of British political history is correct (of course, I am a stupid American and all the Brits are free to call me out on how uneducated and stupid and American I am :P ), would be the absolute worst defeat for a ruling party in British history. (Even Major in 1997 didn't get pwned that badly.) It's also a rather fitting book-ends to Blair's term as PM- it began and ended with a landslide election.

Poor bastard...

• 4 weeks later...

Canada-2004

Played as Broadbent

Leaders

LPC - Rt. Hon. Jean Chretien

CPC - Hon. Stephen Harper

NDP - Hon.John Edward Broadbent

Bloc - Hon. Gilles Duceppe

GPC- Jim Harris

Results

Liberal

59 seats

25%

CPC

113 seats

31%

NDP

79 seats

25%

Bloc Quebecois

55 seats

8%

Green

0 seats

6%

Independent

2 seats (Devine & Cadman)

0%

Manitoba 2003 as liberals on hard

Overall results

Liberal

41% and 39 seats (+28% and +37 seats)

NDP

31% and 9 seats (-14% and -23 seats)

PC

26% and 9 seats (-15% and -15 seats)

Winnipeg

Liberal - 28

NDP - 2

PC- 1

Southeast

Liberal - 10

PC - 3

Southwest

PC - 5

NDP- 2

Liberal - 1

North

NDP- 5

I played the 1860 election as Sam Houston and the Constitutional Union Party. I took a quick, and unbeatable, lead in the primaries; the general election, though was less clear-cut.

On the last day of the campaign, it looked like this…

Sam Houston/ Edward Everett (CUP) - 36.4% popular vote, 112 votes

Abraham Lincoln/ Edward Bates (GOP) - 25%, 105

Stephen Douglas/ Benjamin Fitzpatrick (DEM) - 13.9%, 0

John Breckinridge/ Daniel Dickenson (SDM) - 23.1%, 45

Undecided - 1.5%, 39

Throughout the campaign, Breckinridge and Houston raised the most money, whist Douglas never seemed to raise much at all.

Houston ($30,141,079 raised, $83,360 raised last day, $8,854,307 on hand)

Lincoln ($19,572,571 raised, $97,456 raised last day, $535,223 on hand)

Douglas ($11,995,024 raised, $51,459 raised last day, $178,563 on hand)

Breckinridge ($24,092,915 raised, $74,144 raised last day, $323,435 on hand)

The general election ended, as I expected with a congressional vote…

Lincoln, who won the election, took 1,470,519 votes (25.6%) and had the most electoral votes for any candidate, 132. Douglas won the popular vote, with 2,095,761 (36.5%) and 105 electoral votes. Breckinridge took 1,330,783 (23.1%) and 64 electoral votes. Douglas, who ran the weakest campaign, took only 852,277 (14.8%) and no electoral votes.

Lincoln's best state was Vermont, which he took with 55.1% of the vote. Breckinridge's, apart from South Carolina (which he won with 100%) was Mississippi, with 60.6%. Houston did best in Virginia, which he won with 59.8%. Douglas performed best in Illinois, where he took 27.7% of the vote (Lincoln won handily, but Houston was only 1% away from taking the second place away from Douglas).

I decided to play the new "1996 - Giant Sucking Sound" scenario playing as Bob Dole (with Carrol Campbell turned off and Pat Buchanan turned on). Buchanan edged me out in Alaska and Iowa, but I conquered New Hampshire with over 45% of the vote. After defeating Buchanan in South Carolina I was the frontrunner, and both Forbes/Schwarzkopf endorsed me, while Buchanan, Lugar and Alexander retired, allowing me to beat both Wilson and Gramm.

President Ross Perot annihilated Vice President Jerry Brown (I turned him on just for fun) within a month, and Sam Nunn battled Paul Wellstone for the Democratic Nomination, with Wellstone lacking only 15 delegates until Ann Richards endorsed Nunn, giving him the nomination for the significant margin of 17 delegates, leaving the Democrats (Nunn/Gore) with a mere 25%, opposed to the Freedom Party (Perot/Boren) with 30% and the GOP (Dole/Schwarzkopf) with 31%.

The general election was both hard and simple: I never lost my lead, but Nunn managed to win 5 points in the polls, leaving a R: 33% / F: 31% / D:31% tight race, which only started to define when I won the debates. The "Chinagate" didn't seem to really hurt Perot (Nunn had a lot of negative momentum thanks to my ads), and I won the election after taking California with a 100.000 votes margin (thus leaving the Democrats 20 years away from the presidency).

Here are the final results:

1996gssdole.png

I must admit I loved the scenario, even if it stars a little late (January, one month away from the Alaska primary), a great addition to a great alternate timeline!

I decided to play the new "1996 - Giant Sucking Sound" scenario playing as Bob Dole (with Carrol Campbell turned off and Pat Buchanan turned on). Buchanan edged me out in Alaska and Iowa, but I conquered New Hampshire with over 45% of the vote. After defeating Buchanan in South Carolina I was the frontrunner, and both Forbes/Schwarzkopf endorsed me, while Buchanan, Lugar and Alexander retired, allowing me to beat both Wilson and Gramm.

President Ross Perot annihilated Vice President Jerry Brown (I turned him on just for fun) within a month, and Sam Nunn battled Paul Wellstone for the Democratic Nomination, with Wellstone lacking only 15 delegates until Ann Richards endorsed Nunn, giving him the nomination for the significant margin of 17 delegates, leaving the Democrats (Nunn/Gore) with a mere 25%, opposed to the Freedom Party (Perot/Boren) with 30% and the GOP (Dole/Schwarzkopf) with 31%.

The general election was both hard and simple: I never lost my lead, but Nunn managed to win 5 points in the polls, leaving a R: 33% / F: 31% / D:31% tight race, which only started to define when I won the debates. The "Chinagate" didn't seem to really hurt Perot (Nunn had a lot of negative momentum thanks to my ads), and I won the election after taking California with a 100.000 votes margin (thus leaving the Democrats 20 years away from the presidency).

Here are the final results:

1996gssdole.png

I must admit I loved the scenario, even if it stars a little late (January, one month away from the Alaska primary), a great addition to a great alternate timeline!

i would like to try it out my email is Historybuff93@cableone.net

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, after trying some combinations in the GSS scenario I decided to try the 1972 scenario, where I had one of the most curious results I have ever seen... I decided to fight the General Election with George Wallace (assuming he doesn't get shot) vs Richard Nixon, and since the GE is set to be the real-life Nixon landslide, I was weak in the South (somewhat ironic) and my fighting chances were in the northern states and Nixon's homestate of Califonia. After getting most of the endorsements, I sent my troops to finish the President, which leaded me to victory at election night. The results, however, would be kind of ridiculous in real life...

169onwk.jpg

Strange results (taking real life results into account):

-Nobody won his home state: Nixon lost California, Agnew lost Maryland, Wallace lost Alabama and Muskie lost Maine...

-Schmitz and the American Independent Party managed to take 7% in Utah and 8% in Idaho.

-All of the main candidates were right, centre right or far right.

-Alabama was Nixon's best state.

-With 700.000 votes (less than the actual difference of 2.4 millions), in Texas and California, Nixon would have won the electoral college but not the popular vote.

The next time I'll try it from the primaries, hoping to see a different result...