270soft Forum

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

This was with 2008 orignial senario. It was Gore, Kerry, Clark,Vilsack, Bayh, Warner for the Democrats. Allen, Frist, Tancredo, and Gingrich for the Republicans.

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

Posted Images

So I got tired of waiting for a 2012 scenario, and I built my own using all the polling and candidate data that I could find. It's still in a sort of beta mode, but I managed to get it to the point where you can play very competitively as any candidate from any party (except in the democratic primary, you can't beat obama.)

I played as Rick Perry, who's my pick for the GOP Nomination. I immediately took to the position of frontrunner as I pounded away at the other candidates. I had 40% nationally when all the others were hovering around 15%. I was already sparring with the President before the Iowa Caucuses. And before 2011 ended I was...

..completely bankrupt. Though I managed to win Iowa, the massive shift in momentum towards Romney was massive. By Super Tuesday I was sitting on the sidelines of a Romney-Bachman shootout. But Romney swept Super Tuesday, winning all but Texas (which I won), and then had enough delegates already to lock up the nomination by March. Seizing the opportunity I offered him all my PIP for the veep spot, which after 3 tries he accepted.

Bachman refused to give up, despite my 1214 delegates, and she won all the rest of the primaries.

My next challenge, as Romney, was to take down the President. At this point he'd raised almost $300,000,000, so this wasn't going to be a cakewalk. (he still had about $250,000,000 of it.) I had 50,000,000 and a lead of 5 points nationwide going for me. I ran newspaper and radio ads in states with a margin of +-5%, and tried to stay positive. Meanwhile the President kept digging in to me with attack ads and scandals, the ads were very powerful thanks to his seemingly unlimited budget. I didn't sink under 270 est E.V.s until October, although I still had a lead. 3 medium-power scandals in the 3 main issues (leadership, integrity, experience) brought the Obama campaign to a screeching halt two weeks before the election, and I charged ahead with ads all across the country. I installed footsoldiers in many swing states, and visited some Democratic strongholds the week of the election. Here's how election night went;

2rcac5g.png

and here's how it ended.

15s0son.png

The closest state was California, which flipped around a lot at the end, finally Obama won by a little over 35,000 votes- just over .1%.

The biggest win was Idaho- 73.6 to 26.4, or about 250,000 votes. Despite everything, I was still flattened in DC- 90.2 to 9.8.

This one would've been great to watch on TV, especially on MSNBC- the looks of horror as most of the changes from 2004-2008, and even some strongholds, fell to the GOP. This is the best run of the scenario I've had so far.

dolescreenus2000.png

Yes, I was the guy who got Liddy Dole the Republican Nomination. I spent the first two weeks fundraising and researching against Bush. Next, I released a series of attack ads on Bush in New Hampshire and Iowa. Campaigning my heart out in Iowa I took the state easily, took the momentum...taking second to McCain. From there I won or came in second in just about every state. Right after Super Tuesday I convinced McCain to endorse me, which he graciously agreed to. Now it was pretty much just me and Bush left to battle it out. I released a ton of scandals on him and eventually stole the nomination.

As you might imagine I was pretty far down in the GE Polls to start (not being the GOP Front runner and all) so I knew I needed to make up ground. I decided not to offer Bush Vice President (considering how IRL he screwed Liddy out of the honor). I researched on Gore and eventually went from 300-198 to make up ground. I hit a gold mind when I got a "Damage High" scandal on Gore on Integrity, releasing it the night of the first debate (which I lost) I was able to keep the news focused on Gore's scandal rather than my loss in the debate.

In the final days I unleashed a series of attack ads on Gore with the effect at 7. I went in to election night feeling like I was going to lose but slowly, on Election Night, I started taking states from Gore and, just as in real life, Gore was defeated in the Electoral vote but not the Popular vote.

A big fan of Liddy Dole's this is probably my proudest election!

Ayamo: I have no idea. The GOP is polling higher there, and I checked in the files it has the GOP with 10 points on the dems there, and for some reason it starts the game as "Democratic Solid" and won't budge! And I don't want to pad the GOP numbers because the scenario is supposed to be as true-to-life in the polling as possible, but for whatever reason you can't win Tennessee as the Republicans! The closest I've ever gotten was 51% to 49%, close but no cigar!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made my own 2012 Scenario and ran as Mitt Romney for the nomination...

I hit Perry hard for his integrity and for his leadership. I held off a rally by Ron Paul in March to win the nomination easily.

On the Democratic side, it was Obama, Hillary, Howard Dean, Bernie Sanders, Russ Feingold, Dennis Kucinich, Alvin Greene, Mike Gravel, and Alan Grayson. Obama started out with a 20% lead, but Clinton surged to the lead. Obama won Iowa narrowly by 0.1%. Russ Feingold pulled a shocking upset over Clinton in New Hampshire. Clinton won in South Carolina. Sanders, Kucinich and Gravel threw their support behind Obama. Dean, Greene and Grayson threw their money behind Clinton. By March... the Democratic Primary was like this...

Clinton-36% (Est Delegates-1900)

Obama-27% (Est Delegates-1300)

Feingold-14% (Est Delegates-600)

Feingold endorsed Obama and Obama and Clinton hit a dead on tie in the Delegate count... Clinton still had the majority of the popular vote..

End of the democratic primaries...

Obama-1918 Delegates

Clinton-1918 Delegates

The battle continued to the convention. Meanwhile, I managed to take the lead in every state in America, except Rhode Island and DC.

Democratic Convention... It was a total deadlock between the two. On the last day, Obama managed to win it by only 3 delgates who flipped.

The general election was easy since Clinton refused to endorse Obama. Romney won all the states and narrowly lost DC.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

2008 election scenario

I was Al Gore. I started in the primaries and won. I faced George Allen. This was on hard mode 2008 election

Results:

Al Gore 538 Electoral Votes 67% of the Popular Vote

George Allen 0 Electoral Votes 33% of the Popular Vote

• Upvote 3

Wow! That is pretty good! Though, explain to me how Allen won the nomination... kind of hard to imagine...

2008 election scenario

I was Al Gore. I started in the primaries and won. I faced George Allen. This was on hard mode 2008 election

Results:

Al Gore 538 Electoral Votes 67% of the Popular Vote

George Allen 0 Electoral Votes 33% of the Popular Vote

• Upvote 1

Wow! That is pretty good! Though, explain to me how Allen won the nomination... kind of hard to imagine...

This was with 2008 orignial senario. It was Gore, Kerry, Clark,Vilsack, Bayh, Warner for the Democrats. Allen, Frist, Tancredo, and Gingrich for the Republicans.

• Upvote 3

I played 2011 (as Ignatieff of course) and turned off all other parties accept the NDP and Conservatives:

Liberal - 243 - 51.3%

Conservative - 59 - 32%

New Democrats - 8 - 16.7%

Notes:

Malene LeMontagne lost to Stephen Harper by just 500 votes

Jack Layton won his seat

I won all the seats in montreal and all but 1 in the GTA (Layton)

In Alberta I won 10 the conservatives won 18 I won 10

NDP Seat distribution

Atlantic 2

Ontario 2

Prairies 0

BC 2

I played 2011 (as Ignatieff of course) and turned off all other parties accept the NDP and Conservatives:

Liberal - 243 - 51.3%

Conservative - 59 - 32%

New Democrats - 8 - 16.7%

Notes:

Malene LeMontagne lost to Stephen Harper by just 500 votes

Jack Layton won his seat

I won all the seats in montreal and all but 1 in the GTA (Layton)

In Alberta I won 10 the conservatives won 18 I won 10

NDP Seat distribution

Atlantic 2

Ontario 2

Prairies 0

BC 2

I tried that few minutes ago on hard

Liberal-76,5% 306 seats

Conservative-14,1% 2 seats

NDP-9,4% 0 seats

I lost in Crowfoot 57% to 40% and edmonton spruce-grove 49% to 42%

It's all about fundraising

Here's an election result of mine...

GB 2005...

Tony Blair... 36% of the Popular Vote... 389 seats...

Michael Howard... 22% of the Popular Vote... 55 seats (laughter)...

Charles Kennedy... 30% of the Popular Vote... 165 seats

GB 2010 (i imagined that tony blair broke his promise...)

Tony Blair...38%...389 seats (deja vu)...

David Cameron...25% of the popular vote...174 seats

Nick Clegg...19%...56 seats

What's so funny is...

1.) The conservatives becoming the third party by a hefty amount of the popular vote (8%) in the 05 campaign.

2.) The almost precise flip-flop in seats in regards to the Tories and Lib Dems.

• Upvote 1

First post from 2012:

50-50.jpg

This scenario is immensely hard. I ran as Romney/Christie vs. Obama/Biden and had about everything that could possibly go right for me happen but still lost. Still felt it was worth posting because every swing state was so close that the popular vote came down to less than 1800 votes!

I played 2008 for the 2011 engine (Great work ScottM!)

Results

Liberal - 276 - 51.1 - 7,006,901

Conservative - 18 - 22.4 - 3,066,058

Bloc Quebecois - 7 - 7.3 - 1,001,925

New Democrats - 6 - 12.8 - 1,751,615

Green Party - 0 - 5.9 - 814,343

Independent - 1 - 0.5 - 63835 (Arthur)

• 2 weeks later...

The TheorySoft official 2012 Scenario

Played as Huntsman, running on my integrity, leadership, and against Romney's healthcare stance. I pulled off a surprise upset win in Iowa. One day before the caucus, I was polling in third in IA, but won the next day somehow. I polled pretty weak in the next states and so shifted my focus to latter states like VA, building up a strong hold. Cain, Romney, and Perry battled it out and I came around to get Cain's endorsement. Perry dropped out and I took Romney as my Veep.

I polled ahead of Obama early on, but something weird happened and my momentum crashed to -20 and my energy was -90 despite my having done no activities the day before. I slowly built my way back up. For the last 3 weeks of the campaign, with private polling on, we were separated by 0.1% of the vote and 0.1 momentum. I got a slight boost after I used every PIP for a non-aggression pact. This let me build my image without fear, and moved ahead by 1%. Going into election night, it was unclear who would win. Near the end of the night, I had a slight lead, but needed PA and NC to win it. They both kept flipping and it constantly looked like I was going to lose.

2012Huntsman.png

• Upvote 2

okay. I tried out the P4E2012 Beta test released... Here's how it went...

I ran as Mitt Romney. After burning the other candidates in the debates, I ended up fundraising myself up to about $60,000,000 by December. I then began campaigning hard releasing a devastating barrage of attack ads on both Obama and Gingrich (attacking them over immigration. attacked Obama over tax code and balanced budget. smashed gingrich over integrity). I won narrowly in Iowa, squeezing out a victory over Bachmann and Perry. Huntsman made a valiant effort in winning the New hampshire primary and won there.

I redirected my attention against Huntsman, slamming him on some of his controversial stances. I took down Huntsman in about 4 weeks. From then on, the nomination was an easy victory. I won the nomination in about March.

Meanwhile, Obama seemed to be ahead over Clinton until about December when my negative ads against him kicked in. Here's the summary...

Nov:

Obama-47%

Clinton-24%

Dec:

Obama-41%

Clinton-38%

Clinton kicked Obama butt in Iowa and won in a landslide. She carried it to New Hampshire and South Carolina. With his base imploding, Obama quickly started using his mass money resources and began to pound Clinton with ads. The race tightened and Obama managed to rebound by March. Obama won the nomination in a modest victory, but it was not pretty for the incumbent. Clinton inflicted plenty of wounds in Obama's credibility.

For the general election, I chose Christie as my running mate and Obama/Biden reappeared. I had a $120M to $77M money edge over Obama and I ran an economy focused campaign. Here's the summary..

September 15:

Romney-42%

Obama-45%

October 1:

Romney-47%

Obama-43%

October 15:

Romney-50%

Obama-45%

November 1:

Romney-52%

Obama-40%

Election Results...

Electoral Vote:

Romney-334

Obama-204

Popular Vote:

Romney- 55%

Obama- 43%

Good game. Just need to work out some game engine quirks.

• Upvote 1

I was Jon Huntsman/Marco Rubio VS Barack Obama/Joe Biden (Hard Mode)

Jon Huntsman/Marco Rubio 531 Electoral Votes 61.8%

Barack Obama/Joe Biden 7 Electoral Votes (worse defeat for an imcumbent) 38.2%

Key States

Illnois Huntsman Rubio 53.1% Obama/Biden 46.9%

Hawaii Obama/Biden 50.8% Huntsman/Rubio 49.2%

Delware Huntsman Rubio 54.7% Obama/Biden 45.3%

DC Obama/Biden 62.5% Huntsman/Rubio 37.5%

I was mad about Hawaii :angry: I had +6 momentum 46.6% vs 50.6% Obama with -3 momentum

• Upvote 2

That's a pretty legitimate outcome (if Huntsman wins the nomination). Huntsman has a great jobs record and a fantastic amount of experience. Plus, he looks the part.

Good job!

Who won the debates?

I was Jon Huntsman/Marco Rubio VS Barack Obama/Joe Biden (Hard Mode)

Jon Huntsman/Marco Rubio 531 Electoral Votes 61.8%

Barack Obama/Joe Biden 7 Elector Votes (worse defeat for an imcumbent) 38.2%

Key States

Illnois Huntsman Rubio 53.1% Obama/Biden 46.9%

Hawaii Obama/Biden 50.8% Huntsman/Rubio 49.2%

Delware Huntsman Rubio 54.7% Obama/Biden 45.3%

DC Obama/Biden 62.5% Huntsman/Rubio 37.5%

I was mad about Hawaii :angry: I had +6 momentum 46.6% vs 50.6% Obama with -3 momentum

• Upvote 2