270soft Forum

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, still a good outcome. Technically, if it were a college level debate, Obama would probably lose. He would win in speaker points (persuasivness, delivery,) but he would lose the arguments. Huntsm

The TheorySoft official 2012 Scenario Played as Huntsman, running on my integrity, leadership, and against Romney's healthcare stance. I pulled off a surprise upset win in Iowa. One day before the ca

Obama because I was barnstorming like crazy.

Posted Images

Yeah, seems to be some weird bugs in PFE+P! Making a scenario in PMFE isn't that too much of a difference I don't think.

Pardon the Stupidity, but the only problem I have is that I can't create a file for the scenario to live in....

Played the trial 2010 version with PMF2005.

The result was as follows:

theoryspark.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Greens took Brighton Pavillion and came second in Lewisham Deptford, Hackney, Norwich South and Hove.

UKIP did very well in the North, getting 20% of the vote in 1 constituency. In Buckingham, Farage got 47% to Bercow's 48%. Plaid Cymru took 6 seats and Respect took 2. Richard Taylor held on to his seat in Wyre Forest. David Davis lost out to the Liberal Democrats and the Tories took Morley & Outwood, with both parties gaining 34% of the vote.

Shock of the night however, was in Blackburn where the result was:

Labour - 30%

Conservatives - 29%

Liberal Democrats - 31%

So Jack Straw lost out to the Lib Dems!! Portillo moment of the game for sure.

Pardon the Stupidity, but the only problem I have is that I can't create a file for the scenario to live in....

It's just really right-click anywhere on the desktop and go to "New Folder" or go to the "organize" drop down menu and "New Folder". That's on Vista for me.

Oct 1974

Oct1974Wilson.jpg?t=1275101875

I was Labour, there were many Portillo moments, including a Heseltine loss and a Conservative series of shocking wins led to James Callaghan losing his seat. But the sweetest was this one...

Oct1974Wilson-ThatcherLoss.jpg?t=1275102137

Don't forget that there are two James Callaghans! The future Prime Minister is in Cardiff, Wales. The backbencher is in Manchester.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just finished playing 1980 as Reagan against Carter (with primaries, on medium), and had smashing success. Got Kennedy to endorse me in... May, I think it was.

reagangame1.png

Polls closed at 4pm, and they called it at 5:12pm.

reagangame2.png

I ended up with 58.6% and 523 electoral votes.

reagangame3.png

Carter only won Georgia and DC - and he only had 50.5% in GA.

However, the best part of the game?

reagangame4.png

Getting 41.7% in Washington D.C. with a Republican candidate. :D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...

The last two elections I've played have been pretty interesting.

cuomorichardson1992b.png

First, we have New York Gov. Mario Cuomo and Texas Gov. Ann Richards teaming up against President Bush and Jack Kemp of Texas plus an decent showing by Perot and Choate, both also of Texas. It seems that Texans pretty well dominated that election! In the end, the split went 39.9% Democratic, 35.8% Republican and 24.3% Perot. Much, much tighter than OTL's 1992 election.

clintonrichardson10b.png

This one at first seems to be a landslide for the Romney-Bush ticket, but a closer examination shows that the popular vote went WELL in favor of Clinton-Richardson. Despite support 60,439,143 strong, the Democrats still lose to the Republicans because they swept the Electoral College. This game was quite disappointing in the end. I had started out as Bill Richardson and managed to secure myself as Hillary's VP candidate a week before the DNC. I can't help but think that, had something like this happened IRL, this could have been the election that broke the Electoral College's back.

kuchinch2004.png

Played as Congressman Dennis Kucinich in 2004. As you can see started in June with around 1% and $800,000 on medium and finished February with the nomination locked up and around $3,000,000.

I am consistently trailing Bush by about three points, which isn't bad considering the Congressman's far left stance on most issues. Sadly I don't think I will win the presidency but this is certainly my greatest achievement in the game so far.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Huckabee, got him through the 2008 primary and went against Clinton. Commence slaughter of the Democrats. Huck and T-Paw demolished Hill and Bill [Richardson], garnering 59.8% of the vote to their 38.4%, and snagging 482 electoral votes.

Race was called at 8:33pm.

p4ephuckvsclinton2008.png

It was complete Democratic disaster, with Huckabee's Mo' running in the double digits almost the entire general election (maxing out at ~+21, and Clinton dove to ~-20 in the final week.

p4ephuckvsclinton2008pic2.png

A whopping 11 states gave Huck/TPaw over 70% of their vote (GA: 70.1, LA: 70.6, IA: 70.8, SD: 72.2, KS: 72.8, NE: 72.9, AL: 73.3, ID: 74.2, WY: 75.1, UT: 76.0, and OK: 76.3).

Alan Keyes (Constitution) hit 3% in two states (IN: 3.0, MS: 3.3), but had 1.5% (1,962,640 votes) overall. Bob Barr (Libertarian) hit 1.8% in AK and GA, with 0.3% (326,479 votes) nationwide.

And...

p4ephuckvsclinton2008pic3.png

That could be my first time to get "Great", at least on 2008. This is by far my best 2008 performance. :D :D :D :D

I played Huckabee, got him through the 2008 primary and went against Clinton. Commence slaughter of the Democrats. Huck and T-Paw demolished Hill and Bill [Richardson], garnering 59.8% of the vote to their 38.4%, and snagging 482 electoral votes.

It was complete Democratic disaster, with Huckabee's Mo' running in the double digits almost the entire general election (maxing out at ~+21, and Clinton dove to ~-20 in the final week.

This is by far my best 2008 performance.

That is absolutely insane.

This was my attempt at 2008 as Bill Richardson

The night of the convention. The primary started off with me campaigning hard in Iowa, taking nearly every one of it's delegates, then NH fell to me. From there, a domino effect happened with half the states flipping to me, and the rest to Clinton. Got Obama to endorse me. It came down to a three way race, me, Clinton, and Edwards. Clinton had slightly more than half the delegates, but Edwards mounted a comeback and took enough delegates from me and Clinton to deny anyone a majority. All the primaries had happened and it looked like it would be a divided convention, but at the last second, Edwards dropped out, endorsing me, and throwing all his delegates for me. Notice the popular vote and delegate counts:

2008-RichardsonPrimaries.jpg

I took Barbra Boxer as my VP, not entirely sure why now that I think back to it. I was up against a Guliani/Thompson ticket. I spent most of my time trying to win over Florida and Texas. Other states liek New York and WI became major battle grounds throughout the campaign. I slammed Guliani on multiple issues in ads. Here's the standings the night of the election:

2008-RichardsonNightofElection.jpg

Pay attention to what states are red the night of and after the election is over

Here's when they called it for me:

2008-RichardsonCalled.jpg

And here's the final results:

2008-Richardsonfinal.jpg

TN was flipping color every other second until 100% of districts reported in. Every state that's red flipped multiple, sometimes dozens of times during the night.

Here's my biggest loss and my smallest loss:

2008-RichardsonSmallestandBiggestLosses.jpg

I lost WY by a whopping 41 votes. Alabama was the worst spot for me

Play 1968 as RFK. Experienced quite an interesting time. I focused solely on the big states following NH, managing to take a lot of Humphrey's delegates away. I managed to get McCarthy to endorse me and McConnell. After all the primaries were done, i was left with 13008 delegates and HHH had around 1315, just more than enough to win the nomination. However, when the convention came around, I won on the first ballot with 731 delegates. Not sure what happened there. Before the convention, Dem's were polling at between 50% and 60% nationally. As soon as the convention ended, they dropped to 20% nationally. I had to claw my way back to the top, letting Nixon and Wallace slug it out. Finally, in the final weeks, I was just above Nixon by around 1% of the vote.

1968-RFKfinal.jpg

I was quite satisfied with 361 electoral votes. Much better than I expected.

• 2 weeks later...

temprh.png

So check this out. Every single candidate on the field, Whig or not, attacked Tayler. Notice also Tayler's pathetic attempt to spin that story.

As for the campaign itself, I took Van Buren for the Free Soilers to win in Vermont, New York, and Wisconsin, with every other state, minus Rhode Island (which went Clay), going for Calhoun. All in all, it was a dissatisfying race, because of the very early lead the Democrats had over the entire nation.