270soft Forum

New scenario: UK Presidential Election 2010

Hi everyone,

I've finally completed my new UK Presidential Election 2010 scenario. This scenario imagines that the Queen dies and the monarchy is abolished, leading to the first Presidential Election in the UK. It features:

* 44 candidates from 7 different parties with contested primaries in each party.

* Campaign in 25 regions, throughout England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.

* Get endorsements from British newspapers, pressure groups and MPs.

* Set your position on 18 issues, from University top-up fees to the NHS, and from your view on Gordon Brown to your position on British membership of the EU.

(Note: President Forever can only support 32 candidates in any one game. By default 32 candidates are switched on. If you switch any more on, please make sure that you switch a corresponding number off).

Any comments, suggestions, etc. would be welcome.

Thanks.

Download link: Click here to download

4kb5fq.jpg

invh5f.jpg

np195h.jpg

3094yon.jpg

2wc0k1i.jpg

" Cannot open file scenarios\United Kingdom 2010/\scenarios.xml. "

Then...

" Access violation at address 005A0B16 in module 'p43.exe'. Read of address 02B31E30. "

Then...

" Access violation at address 0059FDC7 in module 'p43.exe'. Read of address 65725098. "

edit;

I'm an idiot. I thought the first file was the scene, when it just held the scene. NVM.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm glad that you like the scenario. I've been very busy over the last few weeks, but I hope to have the opportunity to play it through a few times over the weekend, then I will submit it for inclusion on the official scenarios page. If you have any suggestions about or problems with the scenario then please post them on here in the next few days and I'll consider them for inclusion in the final version I send to Theoryspark.

One possible small tweak I could suggest might be to make the BNP candidates other than Griffin a little stronger, its impossible to win the primaries as Barnbrook or Darby. Just a though.

Thanks for your feedback. I've tried to make the scenario as realistic as possible and I really can't see that anyone would have a chance of beating Griffin in BNP primaries, so it was my intention that it should be almost impossible to beat Griffin. If I changed it to give Barnbrook and Darby a better chance I don't think that the scenario would be as realistic, so I think I'll leave that as it is, but thanks for your suggestion.

A change I would like to see is the increase of The RESPECT coalition's how established status to 2.

Why?

Because all of the minor parties are at 2. Although the current RESPECT party is fragmented, presumably they've settled their differences for the 2010 election campaign, plus the smattering of the various other alphabet soup marxist parties they're also likely to pick up will bump up the party establishment a notch.

A change I would like to see is the increase of The RESPECT coalition's how established status to 2.

Why?

Because all of the minor parties are at 2. Although the current RESPECT party is fragmented, presumably they've settled their differences for the 2010 election campaign, plus the smattering of the various other alphabet soup marxist parties they're also likely to pick up will bump up the party establishment a notch.

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I was a bit worried when I was making the scenario that actually I was making a rather large assumption that the two factions would reunite. I'm no expert on RESPECT internal politics, but it seems to have been quite a serious split. Assuming that they did reunite, I think that the disorganisation created by the fact that they've essentially been running as two separate parties would hinder them, and this is reflected in the lower figure. Also one should remember that they are very much the junior of all the parties in the game. They are the most recently formed, and have very little experience of running in elections etc. compared even to UKIP or the BNP. For this reason, I think that on balance a lower figure is justified.

One of the things I have tried to do with the scenario is to put a lot of variation in to make it interesting, and so I did sometimes exaggerate the differences between parties and candidates to provide variety. With this in mind, I think that the lower establishment figure for RESPECT adds to the scenario by giving you the choice to take on a harder challenge by playing as RESPECT rather than one of the other smaller parties.

In conclusion, I take your point, but on balance, especially with consideration to my aim to provide different experiences when playing as each of the parties, I think that it is justified to keep the figure as it is. Unfortunately also your comment was posted a day too late, as I did a few final test play-throughs of the scenario over the weekend and have now decided to finish the scenario and not make any more changes to it unless there are any major issues. However, I would like to thank you for playing my scenario and for taking the time to give me some feedback on it.