270soft Forum

United States 2004 Gold

The 2004 Scenario, to be clear, is nearly unplayable if you like realism. Of all the straight from theoryspark scenarios, it's the worst.

I really did think the closeness of the 2004 election made it interesting. And therefor I have decided to take it upon myself to totally revamp the scenario. It's void of many things, from utterly insane poll data, - to events that really shaped the 2004 election. A few states [ New Mexico / Arizona ] always go for someone who had no chance, and the polls in the Democratic primaries don't reflect how it all really happened.

If anyone would like to join me in this endeavour, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, - simply listing things you think need to be revamped would also be a major help.

To do

Revamp polling data

Add events [ EX; Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, The Dean Scream etc etc ]

Make it harder for minor candidates to win states.

Add more VP options

Add more crusaders

Add more endorsers [ Senators, more national endorsers ]

The 2004 Scenario, to be clear, is nearly unplayable if you like realism. Of all the straight from theoryspark scenarios, it's the worst.

I really did think the closeness of the 2004 election made it interesting. And therefor I have decided to take it upon myself to totally revamp the scenario. It's void of many things, from utterly insane poll data, - to events that really shaped the 2004 election. A few states [ New Mexico / Arizona ] always go for someone who had no chance, and the polls in the Democratic primaries don't reflect how it all really happened.

If anyone would like to join me in this endeavour, I'd greatly appreciate it. Otherwise, - simply listing things you think need to be revamped would also be a major help.

To do

Revamp polling data

Add more VP options

Add more crusaders

mccain as a demo veep

To do

Revamp polling data

Add more VP options

Add more crusaders

It's somewhat improved in the beta, but I fully concede it needs a lot of work.

However, if you want to mention specific things you feel are a problem (more specific than the above, although that helps) I can probably incorporate it into the official 2004 scenario.

• 1 year later...

I like this idea a lot. I think Dean should be given a big lead at the start of the Democratic Primary Campaign, like Hillary and Giuliani in 2008. He was the frontrunner until the "Dean Scream". Also, the popular vote is too low, only about 100 million votes are cast in the General Election, over 120 million were cast in RL.