270soft Forum

Might as well start a new thread...

http://rapidshare.com/files/127393560/Canada_-_2008.zip.html

Tell me what you think...few points I'm wondering:

-Party relations...good, or a bit too negative for everyone? From my personal view, the Bloc-Liberal relation is the worst, but other viewpoints are welcome.

-Green shift...in there adequately? Didn't want to create one "issue", so divided it between two that are already there.

-Pictures, especially Layton...he looks much better on TV than in photographs.

I still have to catch up on ridings, so shoot away while I keep going. Don't be shy.

A few things:

-Jim Prentice is considered a potential successor to Harper, some are also mentioning Stockwell Day

-Michael Fortier will be running in Vaudreuil-Soulanges

-Peter Kent will be running in Thornhill instead of in St. Pauls

-Ray Martin is likely to be the NDP candidate in Edmonton East

-Martha Hall Findlay is another potential option for Liberal leader

-Thomas Mulcair is a potential alternate leader to Layton

-Elizabeth May starts off way too strong in Central Nova - the Greens and Liberals were in 4th and 3rd place respectively in that riding in 2004, so it's hardly likely that she would be polling even with MacKay at the beginning.

A few things:

-Jim Prentice is considered a potential successor to Harper, some are also mentioning Stockwell Day

-Michael Fortier will be running in Vaudreuil-Soulanges

-Peter Kent will be running in Thornhill instead of in St. Pauls

-Ray Martin is likely to be the NDP candidate in Edmonton East

-Martha Hall Findlay is another potential option for Liberal leader

-Thomas Mulcair is a potential alternate leader to Layton

-Elizabeth May starts off way too strong in Central Nova - the Greens and Liberals were in 4th and 3rd place respectively in that riding in 2004, so it's hardly likely that she would be polling even with MacKay at the beginning.

Thanks for the candidate updates, thought I put Fortier in, guess I didn't save.

Stockwell Day will never lead a Canadian party again. He's been a decent minister, but too many scars among people in caucus who should be his base. Prentice is a good call, may add him. The NDP is losing their (Very good) candidate in Central Nova, she's probably running in Halifax this time around, and MacKay doesn't win by landslides. I hope to see a riding poll soon.

Just a few more things:

-Blair Wilson, the Liberal candidate for West Vancouver-Sunshine Coast, was kicked out of caucus for alleged donation violations in the 2006 election. It's possible that he'll run as an independent and thus split the Liberal vote.

-Alexa McDonough won't be running again in the next election

Thanks for the candidate updates, thought I put Fortier in, guess I didn't save.

Stockwell Day will never lead a Canadian party again. He's been a decent minister, but too many scars among people in caucus who should be his base. Prentice is a good call, may add him. The NDP is losing their (Very good) candidate in Central Nova, she's probably running in Halifax this time around, and MacKay doesn't win by landslides. I hope to see a riding poll soon.

Basically, only Flaherty, Prentice or MacKay have the ability to replace Harper or maybe a provincial candidate like Bernard Lord or Jean Charest.

I think that Lord is the number one choice of many people, with Prentice close second.

• 1 month later...

Hey there, I may edit the scenario to fix some errors as well as update it with some things.

Issues

-Afghanistan

-Atlantic Accord (equalization)

-Carbon Tax

-Child Care

-Economic Management

-Electoral Reform

-Environment

-First Nations

-Gun Control

-Health Care

-Military

-Multiculturalism

-Provincial Powers

-Quebec

-Senate Reform

-Tax Cuts

-Trade Policy

-US Relations

Will do. I will also update the candidates. I wonder what the hell the Grits are thinking putting David Orchard as a candidate. The man's a total unhinged loon.

I even noticed that 80soft's 2006 scenarios need some changes too. Like the Tories should be stronger in Quebec (Northern and SE Quebec), given cultural differences within the various regions- and several of their "weak" candidates won in 2006.

I'll post issue positions tomorrow.

I wonder what the hell the Grits are thinking putting David Orchard as a candidate. The man's a total unhinged loon.
The only thing that seriously seems loony about him is that he's a monarchist, which probably wouldn't get very far in Parliament so nothing happening there.
The only thing that seriously seems loony about him is that he's a monarchist, which probably wouldn't get very far in Parliament so nothing happening there.

He has an almost irrational hatred of the United States, he's virulently anti-Israel, he supports Hezbollah, he also opposes the intervention in Afghanistan, and seems fairly sympathetic to the Taliban. He's an unhinged loon.

He has an almost irrational hatred of the United States, he's virulently anti-Israel, he supports Hezbollah, he also opposes the intervention in Afghanistan, and seems fairly sympathetic to the Taliban. He's an unhinged loon.

I've never found him personally to be anti-Israel itself, but he is an isolationist in Pat Buchanan type terms.

Canada is a monarchy. Just because someone's a monarchist doesn't mean they don't believe in democracy.
I know this, but I meant as in he wants the monarch to have more of a say in matters.

Americans get stuck with racists like Buchanan, Canadians get stuck with awesome populists like Orchard. :P

• 4 weeks later...

It's actually, after the election has finished, looking pretty good. I'm just going to use the 80 soft map to make it look better. Sadly, the rest of the 80soft scenario is a bit strange (Especially issue centres)

Updates: Atlantic Accord is now "Equalization" to also take advantage of Ontario's general unease with the system, Danny Williams has been added as an endorser. Arts is also an addition, along with crime, that will make Harper's life in Quebec not fun.