270soft Forum

Eligible Voters

I have no clue what to do for eligible voters in a scenarion I am doing. I do not know how to determine this and if any one knows of somewhere that might help, or something they do in this category, help will be appreciated.

Plus, if we get an answer to this, Theory spark should definately add this to their tips and tricks page for CF.

From my 1980 notes:

Electoral votes, population, and eligible voters updated. Eligible voters were done using by multiplying population of each state by 0.69. I derived 0.69 by taking the population of the United States in 1980, 164 597 000, and the national voting age population of the USA in 1980, 113 043 734. Obviously this doesn't account for state by state variances (which can be quite large) but I couldn't find an eligible voters by state list.
I know it's not everyone's favorite source, but if you to Wikipedia, they often have county-by-county data on this, I was able to pull my numbers for my Vermont scenario straight from there.

The problem is that this is my Manitoba 2011 scenario. I need to do individual ridings and the wikipedia pages for each ridings do not have the eligible voters or even the population for that matter.

Are the vote totals listed. Take the total votes and add the voter turnout as a percentage. So if turnout was 55% it would be

Votes+45%= Eligible voters I doubt the turnout for individual ridings would be listed but you could just use the province wide turnout.

Are the vote totals listed. Take the total votes and add the voter turnout as a percentage. So if turnout was 55% it would be

Votes+45%= Eligible voters I doubt the turnout for individual ridings would be listed but you could just use the province wide turnout.

That's actualy a really good idea, I think the numbers will be close anyways ot each other, but this should work, thank you.

Archived