270soft Forum

New Scenario Idea

I've been browsing around, looking at the stellar work that Zion did with the LA, Penn, NY, and CA governor races, and I wondered: why not do all of them? I have seen ideas for several states (CT, NC) tossed around, so why not combine them? It would make the perfect compliment for Congress Forever; people would potentially be able to play any nationally relevant race that they chose. If we could get a large team together, we could do every state (around 40 or so still left), and then make it one hell of a package. Whose in? We need at least 10 people.

We could definitely get them all done, I have Vermont pretty well done, except I need someone more familiar with the game than I am to edit the monetary co-efficients and costs of things like advertising. If anyone is willing to tweak this scenario, I can zip it up and send it to them.

• 4 weeks later...

MatthewBreuer, are you still doing a Vermont Governor scenario, and, if so, will the Second Republic of Vermont Party appear as a 'space-bar' party? I'd like to playtest it when you finish.

• 2 weeks later...
MatthewBreuer, are you still doing a Vermont Governor scenario, and, if so, will the Second Republic of Vermont Party appear as a 'space-bar' party? I'd like to playtest it when you finish.

the acctual scenario fpr the connecticut race is done. I might want to add cnadidates for the demos. the platforms are really hard. i don't have a website. i'm thinking of just putting the candidates on the platform of their party. this is really fun for me and it will probaly be fun for others. i played as rell and i managed a win in the general. it is playable for 3 different partie that you can win as

im pretty certain that over a period of time we can sort every state out. the big problem is that you can only have a limited number of regions within any one map. I had worked through Virginia and Texas, but because of the number of regions, i put the projects on hold until an update (which80soft have promised) comes out.

Until then, i'm concentrating on the smaller states such as RI and TN which are in progress, i'll move onto other states like HI and others later.

im pretty certain that over a period of time we can sort every state out. the big problem is that you can only have a limited number of regions within any one map. I had worked through Virginia and Texas, but because of the number of regions, i put the projects on hold until an update (which80soft have promised) comes out.

Until then, i'm concentrating on the smaller states such as RI and TN which are in progress, i'll move onto other states like HI and others later.

Are any of these Governor games done?

I look forward to the Rhode Island Guv scenario. As an openly gay person it's always a thrill to see other openly gay persons elected to office and I have very high hopes that Mayor David Cicilline will become the first ever openly gay person elected Governor in the United States in 2010.

I'd be willing to take a try at Washington and Georgia (the only states I have any idea at all of their politics), but that'll have to wait till I finish my US 1996 and Nunavut 2004 scenarios, at least. BTW, Zion, you could group clumps of smaller counties in Texas and Virginia into larger regions, while keeping the big ones seperate. Just a thought.

I'm almost finished with the Louisiana 1928 scenario. This should be one of the best out there - Huey Long versus the New Orleans establishment. I need turnout numbers from each parish - the Louisiana SofS said I should receive a copy in the mail soon. I'll keep you posted.

Once we get the maps made, it should be fairly easy to do historical scenarios. (I started on 1928 shortly before 2007 came out. I entered in the last of the parishes, logged onto this forum, and saw zion's. I was pretty angry :)

I'm almost finished with the Louisiana 1928 scenario. This should be one of the best out there - Huey Long versus the New Orleans establishment. I need turnout numbers from each parish - the Louisiana SofS said I should receive a copy in the mail soon. I'll keep you posted.

Once we get the maps made, it should be fairly easy to do historical scenarios. (I started on 1928 shortly before 2007 came out. I entered in the last of the parishes, logged onto this forum, and saw zion's. I was pretty angry :)

I'm very keen for people to get other scenarios out there based on maps that are already done, and i'm more than happy for people to use my creations to do so.

Z

Archived