270soft Forum

I suck

can anyone tell me why I keep losing when I play the game :P

Which scenario are you playing and who are you playing as? Keep in mind that the game is designed to be realistic so it will be next to impossible to win as the NDP and obviously impossible to win as the Bloc.

I tried the alberta 2004 scenario, and tied with the NDP as the Liberals... it was like 5-5, 3 for the alliance, and the PC's with the rest. Discouraged I tried to lose as Klien, but won with about 60 seats.

I'll play a round or two and record what I do. see what you guys think

I tried the alberta 2004 scenario, and tied with the NDP as the Liberals... it was like 5-5, 3 for the alliance, and the PC's with the rest. Discouraged I tried to lose as Klien, but won with about 60 seats.

I'll play a round or two and record what I do. see what you guys think

That's probably not far from accurate. There is about as much a chance of the moon being made of cheese as Alberta voters electing an NDP government. The chances of the Liberals winning isn't much better - I don't think it's happened in some 70 years.

I make scenarios as accurate as possible, sometimes at the cost of them being fun. Klein will likely win 50-70 seats tommorrow. I have campaigned hard for the Alberta Alliance but we will be lucky to win any seats. When playing my 1997, 2001 and 2004 Alberta scenarios, you need to set realistic goals for yourself. I have won between 10-20 seats with the Alliance but Klein still wins 50+. The goal as running as the Alliance would be to form Official Opposition. The 1993, and 1971 elections are far more competititve. I will be updating the Alberta 2004 scenario with actual results by the end of the week along with a Senate race. Sorry if my realism has discouraged others from playing the Alberta scenarios. :unsure:

I make scenarios as accurate as possible, sometimes at the cost of them being fun. Klein will likely win 50-70 seats tommorrow. I have campaigned hard for the Alberta Alliance but we will be lucky to win any seats. When playing my 1997, 2001 and 2004 Alberta scenarios, you ned to set realistic goals for yourself. I have won between 10-20 seats with the Alliance but Klein still wins 50+. The goal as running as the Alliance would be to form Official Opposition. The 1993, and 1971 elections are far more competititve. I will be updating the Alberta 2004 scenario with actual results by the end of the week along with a Senate race. Sorry if my realism has dicouraged others from playing the Alberta scenarios. :unsure:

Well, you have to set realistic goals when playing them. For instance, I don't go for a majority when I play with the Libs, the NDP or the Alliance, I try to make signifigant gains from where the province currently stands.